Home

[morbid] Post basic ways of dying that frighten you the most

Thrik

I was having some thoughts while in bed last night about ways of dying for no real reason, and the two that rank pretty much at the top are the following:

1. Drowning

2. Being eaten alive by something like a tiger; you're laid down helpless while it tucks into your stomach, etc

I mean, God. Just visualing those two things happening makes me all ":(". What are you guys deadly frightened of perishing to? Obviously we're all frightened of dying in general, but I'd much rather take a bullet to the head or a bomb in the mail rather than the two above.

Like the topic says though, try to keep things basic. While I'm sure being strapped onto the back of a truck in the crucifix position and then the truck reversing into an oak tree fifty times would hurt, it's not exactly common stuff. I'm just talking about simple ways of dying that people are probably doing as we speak.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having your balls bit off by a laplander thats the way I wanna go!

I'm going to a have a stipulation in my will that upon my death I will be put into a meat locker for a few days, of course I will have wires in place to put a rather ****ed up smile on my face. Then after a few days, I'll have some friends take me out and chuck me through the front window of my Uncles house (If the fat bastard is still alive, if so probebly my other nemisis "Hugo Chavez"), hopefully this will either frighten them to death, or put them into a mental state that leaves them trying to eat their own fingers and throwing excrement everwhere.

OMG!!!!! During high school, my friends and I had a huge discussion on this once. Very deep and complex. It's kinda gruesome I know, but it's sort of interesting at the same time.

I think I kinda narrowed it down to drowning and being burnt alive as my two worst.

Drowning, because you know it's happening and it's sort of slow. And pretty much helpless.

Burning, because that has to be ridicilously painful.

I'd like to go peacefully, like in my sleep. Who doesn't, right? It's really freaky if you think hard about this stuff.

Oh God yes, burning and drowning are the polar opposites in terms of how you can die, and both are horrible. As soon as you watch a crime-drama of any sort, you then realize that being murdered would be an awful way to go too. Especially with a knife, that just has to be very painful. And starving would suxalot too.

In a hail of gunfire eh? Depends. If it's for your country and you were noble, I wouldn't mind that much. If it was a gang-war, then hell no. Unfortunately, no one ever seems to die in their sleep from senioriety anymore. I was watching Discovery channel and it said you are far more likely to die from cancer than old-age.

All these sound really fun, maybe because doing dangerous has suddenly excited me.

Jumping out of a plane, for example. It's the sheer terror and then it's all black. Crazy awesome!

Going out in a gunfight. I would gladly get in a gang fight and bust some caps if I knew it was the end.

Being eaten? Well, a bit painful I'll admit, but pain is fleeting.

Burning would be nice and toasty after you get used to it, like a really hot shower.

Drowning is so terrifying it's almost entertaining.

Bees. A bit worse but still great!

I'm afraid of just slowly slipping away painfully from a horrible disease and making everyone feel cold and depressed. Or being in intensive care and just staring out emotionlessly for years.

Wow, that statistic about being far more likely to die from cancer then old age is sort of depressing. What a bummer.

I still think burning would be horrible. Maybe you would get used to it like a hot shower, like someone was saying. But I'd rather not find that out for myself.

I think falling from a really high height or jumping out of a plane would be bad too. You have all that time to think and realize you're going to die and there's not a thing you could do to stop it. Plus, it would proabably hurt real bad when you hit the ground.

Being eaten? Yea, that would proabably suck too. I would imagine those teeth/claws would hurt ALOT.

Really there isn't that many good ways to go. I guess going down in a hail of gunfire might be neat, or maybe being hit by an atomic bomb or something. Maybe if you got to go back in time, and get eaten by a dinosaur? Being the first, and most likely only human being to be killed and eaten by a dino might be remembered highly. But no-one would know about it.

• 1 month later...

Painful or not, it doesn't really matter. I think the worst part of the most frightening ways to die is when you know you're gonna die and there's nothing you can do about it, like you broke your back and cannot move and you got ants all over, eating you.

It gets even worse when, while you're dying sloooooowly, you know it's all just a damn stupid mistake you just made.

Archived