Home

New Engine for Lucas Arts

kotorfan84

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Incredible. Absolutely incredible. I don't care what anyone has to say, that is the msot amazing thing i have ever seen graphics wise. Puts hl2 to shame. If they had kotor with these physics in a game like oblivion, id officially declare my death certificate because no one would see me again.

A really impressive demo. I love how they have seperated the content from the presentation (for example, applying properties to an object on the fly, which changes how effects are presented).

This is definitely something to look for in the future.

This engine is great but I don't think that it can be used on K3 because The Star Wars 2007 and Indiana Jones games are action games. Kotor I & II are RPGs which use the Dungeons and Dragons rules which as we know are very diferent from those of games like Jedi Academy for example. It is possible that if Obsidian is working on K3 they will use the new "Electron" engine which Neverwinter Nights II uses, I'm sure it's good because when I tried running it on my PC it wouldn't start so I will have to wait untill December for may new graphics card.

Because it's fine as it is perhaps...? And, what add ons they tried to do in TSL, they messed up.

The next-gen console have games with overwhelming graphics, and even at the time of TSL's release, people were already saying the graphics were a bit outdated. If you would release TSL now, it would be 'ugly' for some people. And if a K3 is being made, they'll release it on the X360 for sure. I'm sure the devs will also think a console with so much power needs to get next-gen games.

@legend222: NWN2's graphics aren't that impressive, at some times they're actually very ugly. I'm not sure if the engine is not capable of producing better graphics, or if the devs have spend not enough time on making the world and models as beautiful as possible. However, the game high system requirements, though no one knows how that can be.

Quote:

@legend222: NWN2's graphics aren't that impressive, at some times they're actually very ugly. I'm not sure if the engine is not capable of producing better graphics, or if the devs have spend not enough time on making the world and models as beautiful as possible. However, the game high system requirements, though no one knows how that can be.

I didn't say it was impressive I said that it must be good because it wouldn't start on my PC but Oblivion does (well it's a bit glitchy but it's not that bad). Besides graphics aren't the most important element in a RPG it's gameplay. And I think K2's gameplay was great and since NWN2 is from Obsidian it must also be good.

Because I'd hope (though probably in vain) that the third game will be as similar to the previous two as possible, with some acceptable adjustments. Better textures, animations and resolutions are all the new visuals I'd like to see.
I'd say that is probably unlikely. Players tend to demand upgraded visuals and the like. You can't stop progress. :)

But that doesn't mean that the visuals can't be based on the style of the previous games, even if it is entirely different under the hood.

The graphics will probably be a new version of the Odesseys (K2's engine) which is an newer version of the Aurora (Neverwinter Nights) engine which is a newer version of the Infinite engine (Baldur's gate)... my point is that they usualy upgraid engines instead of making new ones so I don't think that any one should worry about any drastic changes.

Well, its for the graphics, game mechanics can be still the same, but it would look way cooler, like with flowing capes that does not go thru chairs, sabers that does not go thru your own head while you move, and Twi'lek dancers that actually 'bounces like DoA as they move.

This is for the Star Wars 2007 game, but could be used for a KOTOR game as well.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2731194268578183897

I think the part showing how Indiana Jones reacts to the bridge shaking, and rocks falling, could be used to make the lightsaber combat look more realistic.

The only thing that would make the lightsaber combat look more realistic in KOTOR III, if it is free combat like EP III: ROTS with combat tactics in JKA.

By getting rid of those damn animations.

They need to turn those animations into free combat animations.

Also keep the unarmed combat option but make that free combat too.

So, a action role playing game.

The only thing that would make the lightsaber combat look more realistic in KOTOR III, if it is free combat like EP III: ROTS with combat tactics in JKA.

By getting rid of those damn animations.

They need to turn those animations into free combat animations.

Also keep the unarmed combat option but make that free combat too.

So, a action role playing game.

BAH! BAH I say!

The last thing I want to see is flip-kicks in KOTOR!

Archived