Home

Death Moves in Kotor 3.

kotorfan84

Well, if the combats are really going real-time, I'd like the fighting to be more realistic than it was. More realistic but not necessarily mean more gore. I don't know about seeing arms severed- would that mean that the PC would possibly be sliced an arm too? I'm not sure if that would be cool... perhaps then the PC can get a mechanic arm?

Anything more than that would be unnecessary, perhaps, for a RPG-driven game like KotOR.

While LA has a policy against adding visceral action in SW games, I'd love a good dismemberment or two. It wasn't possible in KotOR I and II due to engine limitations. From what I see, the only way KotOR III will make a mark in competition, will be by advancing tis physics seriously. And I think a good slice from a lightsaber would physically cut off a hand, or a leg.

Very likely.

Hmmm, not sure about that. The D20 rules do allow for it, but even so, I don't want KotOR3 to become the Star Wars version of Mortal Kombat or its ken. Somehow that sounds more like a slash-fest than a heavily plot-driven CRPG to me.

Is that Ken line a stab at my avatar? And I for one would love to see death moves. Bow down before the might of Darth_Kotor!

Is that Ken line a stab at my avatar?

Not at all. It's just a word. It's misspelled too. It should have been "kin". Originally I typed "ilk" and should probably have stuck with it.

And I for one would love to see death moves. Bow down before the might of Darth_Kotor!

I don't mind dismemberment in games as such, really. I'm not squeamish about these things and have no problem watching a complete slash-fest, if the tone of the material calls for it. I just don't think it does in Star Wars' case, and even less so, if it's done for the sake of splatter-effects. I want the focus on good, plot-driven CRPG. I don't want it to appeal to the lowest common denominator. That said, hand or arm here and there wouldn't cause me trouble. Heck, we even had that in TSL, though dictated by the plot.

Actually I don't think it means that your character would lose an arm or soemthing. Maybe its just like what happens when you do "jedirealisticcombat" in JK/JA series, where if you kill someone body parts on the floor are separated.

Nothing too gorey but it does help if it looks less of a "guy sleeping on the floor fading away" Most games woudl include a bit of blood and things on the dead bodies just to make them more obvious, a darkened/separated/etc body and such would be quite effective in this role depending on what your killing hit is, without being way too bloody like fatalitying someone by ripping out his backbone.

I don't mean anything like Mortal Kombat, one of the options I stated was a lightsaber in the gut, like the way Maul killed Qui Gon Jin. And I would want it to be a random occurence in the game (the arm slicing and decapitations anyway, maybe like 1 in 40 or so kills)

It would be cool to see the guys crippling the rivals, like this cutting arms thing, and the like. But not just 'cause its cool'. It should influence the gameplay, like an enemy that lost the bones of one of the legs, cant move or something (ok, that was a awful example, but i think u got the idea).

An arm removal every now and then wouldn't hurt. Just nothing over the top like decapitations with gallons of blood gushing out from the now open neck of you're victim. And the combat really needs to be improved. There was a slight improvement from KotOR 1 to KotOR 2, but just adding a little set of moves for each kind of attack and not doing the exact same movement over and over again wasn't quite enough. It should be more real-time but not like the combat of JK. Still be where you just click a certain attack and it does it for you, but you're opponent shouldn't just stand there and take it, waiting for you to get done so he can attack. Make it more like lightsaber battles in the movies where there's actual contact between your's and you're opponent's blade. It just seems a bit like they're all kids fighting over whose turn to attack it is.

The real problem with dismemberment or any other sort of "critical hit" system is that it has to be applied broadly to all combatants, including the main pc and his/her companions.

Over time, this will mean that the main characters will lose arms and legs, since they fight all the time and the chance is always there.

The only way to avoid that would be to reload constantly, which is boring. I suppose that's one reason why they haven't done it already.

Archived