Home

My Wii is broken ><

BongoBob

I took it to school because my teacher said we could play it, popped it Wii sports, we bowled and played tennis for about 40 minutes, unhooked it, went to Target, bought Warioware Smooth Moves, went home, hooked up the Wii and guess what. No f***in video. Now, I took the UTMOST care. I put it in the padded part of my backpack. I didn't slam my backpack around or anything.

I turn it on, I get sound, but no video. Just f***ing lovely. So now I get to wait for my cousin to get off work so I can see if his cables will work. If not, I get to send my Wii to Nintendo.

I swear to god it's all a conspicy to keep me from playing Warioware ><

Make sure that you've got the AV cables plugged into the right jacks. If you plug the left or right sound channel into video, you'll get sound, but no video.

You may have just have snapped the cable if you had it wound up in your bag at 180 degree angles, though.

Just a quick suggestion because something similar happened to me with a DVD player.

If you're cousin's cables do not work, try it out on a different television. The hook-ups on the television can go bad too. I actually bought a new DVD player only to find out it didn't work either, so I tried it on a different television and it worked perfectly.

You might want to try that before you send it in. Just in case.

Well, I tried it on 3 different tvs, with two different AV cords, and I even tried my cord on her Wii and it worked, so it's just my Wii.

So I called up the big N and they're sending me a replacement one out on monday, so it should be here by thursday. Their customer support is just plain awsome.

There was one stupid thing the guy said to me that I almost called him out on but I didn't because he was extremely nice. The thing is, what is my problem? My Wii works, but I get no video. This man tells me this. "Back up your saves onto your SD card before you send us back the wii." >.> <.<

But I do have a plan. My cousin let me borrow her Wii because she wasn't going to be able to play it until sunday anyways, so what I'm going to do is this. Set up another tv next to mine. Then hook up her Wii to one and mine to the other. Because of the sounds it makes when you hover the cursor over something and the rumble, in addition to the rather accurate sensing (where you're pointing the wiimote at is where the cursor is), I'm going to use hers to tell where all the buttons are, and then using that as a guide hopefully I'll be able to back up all my saves. Because if I lose my completed Zelda save I'm going to go ape****.

Also jon_hill, this isn't exactly the first time I've taken my wii, or any other console for that matter, to school. And today wasn't even a full day. Plus I ALWAYS take insane care of my systems when I take them anywhere. I get the feeling that it would have done it without me taking it anywhere anyways.

But at least I am able to play Warioware, and it kicks ass.

Oh snap Bongo this is your second ownage in one day how do you feel?

In terms of the Wii's problems though, better that than

nwii14b.jpg

Pfft, that's nothing. I was at my friend's place playing 3-player Wii tennis. Never have a lefty on your right, and a righty on your left and stand in the middle as they both try to do a back-hand. Check this out.

th_wii-injury.jpg

(Click)

Typing is a bitch cause I can't see and my friends tell me that they look the exact same. Hurts like a bitch. But we're laughing it up. I'm settling out of court for $50 each, lawl.

Also, this couldn't be a Photoshop, I mean, both of my eyes are swollen shut, how could I make a quick Photoshop?

: P

If it makes you feel any better, I got Wii problems of my own. I can't get the damn USB Wi-Fi to work. I'm on my second one. It might be my computer...but I just don't know. As far as I can see, the USB is all up to snuff, but my Wii won't connect with it. I am hoping they make some sort of hard line adapter for us who are not on wireless internet, because I have a ton of points to burn, and I love downloading those old Super Nintendo titles. These usb wi-fi adapters are craptastical in my opinion.

Well my plan kind of worked. Except for the fact that I had no second pair of cords. SOOOOOO I ended up basically memorizing the steps to copy a file to an sd card.

Anyhow, I got all the saves except for Rapala, which is my dads anyways and he's being an ass right now so I don't care :xp:

Also, I'm thinking of calling up nintendo support just to ask em where I can get the music they play when they put you on hold. Because it was like a full on orchestral version of Zelda music. It was ****ing awsome.\

@ Grooves, listen to coupes. See if you can change the channel it broadcasts on to 1 or 11.

@ TiE:

th_wii-injury.jpg

(Click)

This is a shop. I can tell from pixels, and having seen many shops in my time.

If it makes you feel any better, I got Wii problems of my own. I can't get the damn USB Wi-Fi to work. I'm on my second one. It might be my computer...but I just don't know. As far as I can see, the USB is all up to snuff, but my Wii won't connect with it. I am hoping they make some sort of hard line adapter for us who are not on wireless internet, because I have a ton of points to burn, and I love downloading those old Super Nintendo titles. These usb wi-fi adapters are craptastical in my opinion.

And if it makes you feel better, Grooves. I am experiencing the same problems. So, I haven't been able to connect the Wii online yet. :(

Though, I don't have any Wii points since I don't want any of the old school games yet.

Here are some of the accessories that are for the Wii.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/738/738362p1.html

The Lan Adapter at the bottom is not out yet. But, they said it was suppose to be released in January. But, it'd figure you'd know when they come in 'cause of your job.

Glad to hear that it's working. What VC games are you gonna get?

A thought I had was OH SHI- I'M GOING TO LOSE ALL MY MIIS!

Then I realized that the week before I had discovered the ability to put Miis on your Wiimote and thankfully backed up the 3 main ones, so I dodged a bullet right there.

However, the only thing I couldn't back up was my Wii address book, and once I get the new one I'll have a new friend code, so I'll have to re-post my new code and re-add everyone.

So I called up the big N and they're sending me a replacement one out on monday, so it should be here by thursday. Their customer support is just plain awsome.

Sounds like it. :)

Yet another reason why if in the unlikely event I were to invest in a console, it would be a Wii. The fact that it's cheap doesn't hurt, either.

Archived