Home

Spiderman 3 - Thoughts and Opinions

Commander Obi-Wan

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
QFT

Definately not as good as the other two, but it wasn't like with X3 where I left feeling angry that I just wasted two hours. All in all, I found it to be a pretty sweet ride with only minor qualms.

Indeed. Spider-Man 3 was a movie that wasn't as good as I thought it would be, but after all the hype it got, what movie would be? All the good parts were already known, and trying to fit 3 plots in was crazy. Besides that, it was a good quality but left me a little disappointed. But hey, all the more reason for a possible Spider-Man 4

This is something I never got: The man ( Peter) can go through 3 panels of glass coming out without a scratch on him, yet when he's punched once ( not sure if it's exactly once) he loses his mask and his costume is ripped. I just thought it was funny.

Something interesting to know: Tobey Maguire is claustrophobic.... Ironic for a mask wearing super hero....

Apparently Lucas didn't like Spider-Man 3, saying it was ridiculous

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,270874,00.html

Here's a snippet where he mentions it.

Lucas told me he has seen all the summer movies since his company, Industrial Light and Magic, does most of the special effects. The only one they didn't work on was "Spider-Man 3." What did he think of it?

"It's silly. It's a silly movie," he said. "There just isn't much there. Once you take it all apart, there's not much story, is there?"

Well, it's not "Star Wars."

"People thought 'Star Wars' was silly, too," he added, with a wink. "But it wasn't."

I can only imagine Lucas giving a wink. For some reason the image disturbs me. not to mention his whole statement seems a bit ironic coming from him.

That little panzy stole my move!

Except I wear a white suit with black polka-dots and buttons that light up and a matching top hat.

And a monkey too!

Good thing you threw in that last bit. Otherwise you would have been hearing from my lawyers!

I thought it was great all around. Did it follow any spiderman timeline/thing well? not really, but it worked. And I think if you had some wicked amazing powers and a baddass black suit, you'd do some whack stuff too, why? because you can.

I thought sandman looked great, and Thomas Church who played him did well.

I think for spiderman 4, Lizard and Kraven the Hunter would be a good mix, but maybe thats just me. Maybe Rhino just to make it classic.

• 5 months later...
wow. Five month thread necromancing. To talk about one of the worst movies of all time. Cool?

No sir. Spider-Man 3 is suffering from a trend over the last decade and if you look back, you will agree with me on this one. All movies that involve super heroes on a third sequel basically suck. Now Spider-Man 3 is not one of the worst ones out there. I liked it, but I also expected more. Still....it suffered the same curse.

Now if you want to talk about one of the worst movies of all times, that would be The Blair Witch Project, the king daddy of all stinky movies, of all time.

And I will be more than willing to argue that one until I breath my last breath.

• 4 weeks later...
wow. Five month thread necromancing. To talk about one of the worst movies of all time. Cool?

I actually though that it wasn't that bad of a movie. But opinions mean nothing in the eyes of a critic/ doesn't have any value to anyone, but that really doesn't mean anything.

{Wait a sec, don't critics give their opinions?}:p

No sir. Spider-Man 3 is suffering from a trend over the last decade and if you look back, you will agree with me on this one. All movies that involve super heroes on a third sequel basically suck. Now Spider-Man 3 is not one of the worst ones out there.

No I don't think that Spider-Man 3 was one of the worst ones out there, but wasn't the greatest out there. I would rank the movie a 8/10 personally. B's aren't bad at all. :)

I also agree the " movies that invovle super heroes on a third sequel basically suck" part. Generally that is what tends to happen. :) But of course, most of this is IMO.

Archived