Home

SAMMICHIZ!!!!!

So I found myself contemplating the great thoughts of reality and came to the conclusion that sammiches are the good.

What be thine preferred sammich?!!!!

My favorite is Roast Beef, Double Turkey, Pepperoni, and Provolone on either wheat bread or something with tasty herbs.

All hail the Sammich!

So I found myself contemplating the great thoughts of reality and came to the conclusion that sammiches are the good.

What be thine preferred sammich?!!!!

My favorite is Roast Beef, Double Turkey, Pepperoni, and Provolone on either wheat bread or something with tasty herbs.

All hail the Sammich!

Do you mean a sandwich? :lol:

I like Chicken & Mayo, BLT & Corned Beef & Pickle ('tis being my fav.)

If i'm ever going to buy a little sarny (sandwich, slang in my area ;) ) i'll go get a sub of the day or pick my own at Subway (a very neat little sandwich bar).

Ooh, BLTs are good, but my favorite is a place called Hungry Head. They make a killer sub that's on fresh bakery french bread with sesame seeds. It has ham, salami, and pepperoni, and provolone and mozzarella, and lettuce, tomato, and miracle whip. Yumm.

At home I make a mean Italian sausage bomber. Saute the sausage, then simmer in pasta sauce for a good hour. Put on some fresh toasted French bread, sprinkle mozzarella on top, and serve. :)

Ooh, BLTs are good, but my favorite is a place called Hungry Head. They make a killer sub that's on fresh bakery french bread with sesame seeds. It has ham, salami, and pepperoni, and provolone and mozzarella, and lettuce, tomato, and miracle whip. Yumm.

Do you have Subways in the US (i assume you are from there) as they do here in the UK along with some fine bakeries like Greggs and Sayers.

At home I make a mean Italian sausage bomber. Saute the sausage, then simmer in pasta sauce for a good hour. Put on some fresh toasted French bread, sprinkle mozzarella on top, and serve. :)

I can make a "mean" ham sandwich! :lol:

We do have Subway in the US, and I think their 'subs' are yukky. The bread tastes like a sea sponge. You gotta have real bread and real cheese, not processed fake-American. I've been a bread snob ever since I went to France and learned just what real bread is supposed to taste like. And hey, I live in WI. We eat real cheese in the Dairy State. :)

We do have Subway in the US, and I think their 'subs' are yukky. The bread tastes like a sea sponge. You gotta have real bread and real cheese, not processed fake-American. I've been a bread snob ever since I went to France and learned just what real bread is supposed to taste like. And hey, I live in WI. We eat real cheese in the Dairy State. :)

Really? I find that their subs are delicious.

French bread is the best! (and what a great country it is too, might i add :D ). Our subs in the UK are not processed, it's all fresh stuff; didn't realise that was the case in the US, a shame really. Is WI 'Wisconsin'? I ain't very clued up about State abbreviations :D

We do have Subway in the US, and I think their 'subs' are yukky.

Don't be hatin' on Subway. Their subs are delicious. Nothings better than ham, roast beef, and turkey with some lettuce, tomato, and mustard on wheat bread. I had never eaten there until just about 2 years ago, and now it's one of my favorite places to eat.

I think the better question for me is, what kind of sammich don't I like. ;)

I used to think Subway subs were pretty darn tasty. That was until I got chances to go to places like Quiznos and Planet Sub. I finally realized then that Subway subs were a far cry from what a sammich was truly meant to be.

What you must try immediately:

Quiznos: Turkey, Bacon, Guacamole. The name sums this one up nicely. You'll never look at subs the same way again.

Planet Sub: The Creamy Club. Turkey, Bacon, and Cream Cheese.

Both of these sandwiches are veritable roller coaster rides of flavor and pure unadulterated awesome. The first time you try one of them you may become highly dazed and confused; stumbling about the streets and hugging random strangers from the shock of what you've been missing out on. I assure you though, that when you regain your senses - and step out of whatever public water fountain you've found yourself flailing about in - you will be full and immensely satisfied.

Quiznos: Turkey, Bacon, Guacamole. The name sums this one up nicely. You'll never look at subs the same way again.

Guacamole = :barf:

I've never actually been to Quiznos, but guacamole is just gross. I've been wanting to go to there recently, all I need is a little motivation being that I'm too lazy to just get up and go one day.

Honestly, I wasn't a big fan of it either before my brother made me split one of those sandwiches with him.

No worries though. I've never been disappointed with any sandwich I've gotten and Quiznos so you should be happy with whatever you get there. :) There's really a huge variety to choose from.

Usually, when I buy a sandwich or sub, I usually get them from Subway. I get the same thing every time. BBQ Rib Patty on a Whole Wheat bun, not toasted, no cheese, green peppers, lettuce, and pickles. Some salt & pepper and some BBQ sauce. Every time. :drool1:

Otherwise, when I'm at home or packing a lunch or dinner, I like BLTs (one of the few times I eat tomatoes) or a roast beef sandwich. :)

Subway isn’t bad anymore, they’ve gotten a lot better with the competition from Quiznos. They seem to use fresher ingredients than they did in the past.

Still I would rather have a Schlotzsky’s than either Subway or Quiznos. An Original with ham, Genoa and cotto salamis, melted cheddar, mozzarella, and parmesan cheese with black olives, red onion, lettuce, tomato and mustard on jalapeno cheese bread. The only sandwich I ever order without cutting something.

I love subways stuff, I don't get the deal with quiznos though, I've hade some of theirs and didn't think it tasted as good. They didn't even have pepperoni, didn't taste as good toasted (even if theirs are closer to what the word toasted implies). One time I went in, and asked for double turkey and roast beef with the result being them putting the meat on a scale (which I already thought wasn't enough), decided it was too heavy and put some back, all before putting the meat on the bread. That, coupled with their *expletive deleted* advertising is why I'm never going to quiznos again.

Subway sandwiches are disgusting, they end up looking nothign like the ones on tv. The bread is soaked, the meat and veggies are old and wilted... there should be some truth-in-advertising law filed against Subway. lol

I love Quiznos though!

Archived