Home

Aliens VS Predator: Requim

DrPhil2501

Yup, I have just saw the today about an hour ago. Therefor, I am going to give my own little review about the film. I going to start off with some good points about the movie:

The plot was heaps more better than the first one, as well as better script, actors, etc...

The action and violence was okay, but perhaps could have added more blood gore around the scenes with Aliens killing humans (except for the scene involving the pregnant lady, I almost fainted to be honest :lol: )

I thought the actors were a good choice, as their performance was comendable throughout the production.

As for the creatures, I am going to give a comparison with them from the first AVP and the second one:

In the first one; the predators simply appeared too weak, despite them being young and in the stages of maturity (or what ever you'd like to call it). With the second movie however, they (or to be more accurate: "he", as it was the only one in the story) had equal strength to ones in previous movies.

For the aliens, the life cycle in the first AVP was simply too fast. Normal alien gestation takes up to a few hours, but the ones in AVP took meer minutes! Although some fans speculate that those aliens were genetically modified so they grow up a lot quicker, the idea is just pure ass.

The second movie, and as far as I can tell, held the steady and natural life cycle of the aliens.

Another thing, who here likes the idea of Predator/Human team-ups? I'm quite confident everybody here disagrees. Predators simply hate humans and hunt them like animals for sport purposes. Period! Seeing the team-up was a huge disapointment, and it kinda made it seem there was a "love" relationship between the human and predator. NOT ON!!!! :headbump

While in the second movie, expect no team-ups and predator-killing-human moments. Thats something you definatly have to give credit too.

Alien VS Predator: Requim was definate improvement and heaps better than the first movie made by Paul 'friggin' Anderson. My hypothesis was going to predict it was going to be heaps better than the first AVP. The results were positive, slightly... because however, there were some slight disapointments.

Where too start? At the begining you see the closing scene of the first film, where the alien bursts out of the predators chest. Thus, linking this film with the first one. A definate "no no" for me, because the first film was simply horrible to describe in words.

Another thing; the scene with the featured Predalien and the pregnant woman.

it latches onto her face and injects through her mouth Alien embryos, replacing the fetus inside her tummy

Since when can Aliens do that??? My only explanation is that it is a queen under development (or the predalien simply regurgitated some chestbursters it accidently eaten...) Although we have little knowledge about the predalien's anatomy, the idea was just bad... not to mention cruel!

Overall: I thought it was an okay movie. Just some improvements needed to be done. I recomend it for all alien/predator fans, but just expect a few little bad moments.

I rate 3 1/2 out of 5 stars!

Another thing, who here likes the idea of Predator/Human team-ups? I'm quite confident everybody here disagrees. Predators simply hate humans and hunt them like animals for sport purposes. Period! Seeing the team-up was a huge disapointment, and it kinda made it seem there was a "love" relationship between the human and predator. NOT ON!!!! :headbump

(Note: I haven't seen the first or second movies.)

Actually this has its roots in the comics and is seen in Predator II. If a human can prove it isn't prey but a hunter it gains the respect of the Predator(s). And yes they can "team up" with humans so marked as hunters and not prey.

Just like I would if out deer hunting and I see a deer looking back at me through a scoped rifle. ;)

Considering how little I wanted to see the first one, the odds of me having any desire to see this one are about as good as the odds of me finding Prothean Ruins buried in my backyard. AVP is ridiculous, especially since First Contact with the Xenomorphs took place well after modern times. The Nostromo is FAR beyond anything we could build nowadays.

That's the point though. The AVP movies are bridging the gap in the timeline. For instance, the droid on the Nostromo had been programmed by the Weyland Yutani corp to wake up the ship and send them to the planet of doom and all that. How did the corp know about the planet? Charles Weyland (I'd imagine the multi great grandfather of whoever runs the Weyland corp in the time of the Nostromo) was the financier of the arctic expedition.

At the end of this one there is another link along those lines.

So, bitch and moan all you want about them, they do fit into the canon though.

And I really really liked this second one. Aliens in an urban area, a single predator hunting them. Plenty of predvision like the predator movies. Dark, and horribly claustrophobic like the alien movies along with untold carnage to pay homage to both.

Sure the acting isn't top notch, but the mood and ambience, and the nonstop showdowns are spot on.

But then again, I liked the first movie too. Everyone griped about the Pred/human team up, but that's one of the things I liked most. It put the predators above the status of mindless hunters. Plus if anyone has read the AvP books, released long before the movies, they set the standard of predators accepting humans into their society if the humans were seen as worthy.

http://www.amazon.com/Hunters-Planet-Aliens-Predator-Book/dp/0553565567/ref=pd_sim_b_title_1

Either way, it's all good stuff. See the second whether you liked the first or not. It's an entirely different style of movie.

The movie was okay, but I think the game is way better. Play as any species you want, and that team wins :) I generally like playing as the Predator or the Xenomorph.

So, bitch and moan all you want about them, they do fit into the canon though.

I'm just expressing my own opinion, not making a big deal out of it. I just think that the first AVP could have been better if it followed the example made by the previous Alien/Pred films. Besides, comic books have a good and charismatic way of convincing people.

It put the predators above the status of mindless hunters.

Are we any different? Is there any excuse for whaling, or poaching?

Haven't watched it yet. I'll probably wait it on DVD, though. I always founf both franchises amusing to watch.

Do i need to see the first one to understand the second one?

Nope. You won't understand either way. Just kidding, the story is most easy. There are the mindless aliens (Hmmm, think of them as moronic Vongs) and the high-tech, violent breed of Predators (Klingons, a little more ugly). They hunt each other everywhere, sometimes on Earth. Humans just get on the way. ;)

I went to see the film last night, expecting some cool cg effects and action, perhaps some tension.

Therefore I'm not even going to comment the crappy story and the laughable characters.

The action is directed in such a horrible way that half of the time I couldn't even figure out what's Predator and what's Alien. It was just one big monster mess. I can understand why it's always dark and gloomy, might help with building tension. But if that's the case all the time, and additionally the camera zoomes in super close, noone will be able to enjoy action.

Suffice to say, the cg effects are crap and the action is headache-inducing. Add a lack of any tension whatsoever and you've got the right idea about this movie. Oh I forgot, it's mildly disgusting, just like every Alien movie.

Easily the worst movie I've seen this year.

In many respects I forgive Lucas for many of the errors in the Prequel Trilogy given how they have ruined the Aliens and Predators franchise! The first film was simply the worst film ever made; anyone that actually likes it probably needs to.... <snip not suitable for PG-13 Forum> and whoever wrote that scripts needs to... <again snipped> I will actually go and see AvP:R at the cinema, however they keep messing with the Aliens life cycle; a really bad idea IMO. The facehuggers were great; I think the fact that it seems to me that the gestation period has got shorted and shorter is abit stupid. It moved from unrealistic in Alien and Aliens, do just downright stupid.

Aliens started going wrong with Alien:3 (and killing Riply) and Resurection was ok, untill that awful white Alien; the idea was simply awful. For these films they should of set it after the Alien films; possible on with a very similar idea to the AVP PC games.

The books are (or were when I was a kid) much better; Riply didnt die on monkland; Aliens invade earth; she fights ressistance from a moon base; Billy and Wilks join her; kick some ass and thats about where my reading stopped...

Archived