Home

[WIP] Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge

Silveredge9

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't help but wonder at your stamina!
I've convinced myself I'm a robot. :)

when you released BoS did you include the uniqe ajunta pall mod with it?

Why exactly have you asked this question? :p

On Topic: Your idea for solving the torture bug sounds perfect. :)

I would have fixed it months and months ago in one of the BoS patches, but every attempt I had at trying to change even the slightest thing in that cutscene, broke it. Still, it's not like this mod's sole existence is to provide a fix for that bug. (Lie) :p

Anyways, update time. I have a few more screenshots of the Revan/Mandalore encounter. :)

- Screenshot 1

- Screenshot 2

- Screenshot 3

- Screenshot 4*

- Screenshot 5

- Screenshot 6

*Mandalore still doesn't have a weapon, it's still in development - And I'm hoping it will be completed soon. :)

I've spent many hours working on this dialogue, a combination of rewriting some of the old dialogue that I thought was a little stale - And writing the dialogue after Mandalore has been defeated, even now I can see it may need a little tweaking here and there, and that's without thinking about the chances of incorrect punctuation in there. :p

One of my objectives with the dialogue, especially in the post battle conversation - has been to give Revan an equal amount of screen time as Mandalore, as this moment pretty much needs to be Revan's time to shine. :p

Also, considering Revan was once Kreia's padawan - There needed to be at least some reflection of that in the way she communicates with others.

The Mandalorian warships, are they created by you or was the model already in the game files? I don't recognize them. I do seem to notice some Interdictor-class Cruisers (Leviathan) between the Hammerhead-class cruisers and Republic Blockade Runners. :)

Also, considering Revan was once Kreia's padawan - There needed to be at least some reflection of that in the way she communicates with others.

Simply majestic, I look forward to seeing Mandalore's weapon. Does Kreia make any sort of physical appearance, or was it not worth the effort of trying to skin her?

Amazing work, really, it seems to be a very climatic moment.

I don't know which weapon should Mandalore use, but I think it must be something we have ever seen, as we have seen a lot of swords and blasters and double swords.... Maybe he could be some sort of a Boba Fett walking weapon (blaster, flamethrower, etc....), and for such an epic moment, I think it must be a meleé weapon similar to his armour. Maybe a sword or an axe with an electric effect.... Or a laser whip but there is no animation effect for that. Hmmmm....

The Mandalorian warships, are they created by you or was the model already in the game files? I don't recognize them. I do seem to notice some Interdictor-class Cruisers (Leviathan) between the Hammerhead-class cruisers and Republic Blockade Runners. :)
All the ships in the background are entirely original textures created by Quanon. I researched a little into both sides and collected lots of images of ships I figured would be present in that battle. The Mandalorian fleet consists of mainly Dreadnaught ships, with a few other kinds and the odd Basilisk War droid in there. The Republic side is a combination of all the ships you've mentioned, and I think even a couple of Ravager-class ships are also somewhere in there.

the reason i asked that is because i never downloaded the mod yet ajunta pall looked like the mod you released.
I have released an Ajunta Pall mod, but it has nothing to do with this mod. You can download it here.

Simply majestic, I look forward to seeing Mandalore's weapon. Does Kreia make any sort of physical appearance, or was it not worth the effort of trying to skin her?
Putting aside the obvious appearance and voice problems for a second, there's no real reason for her to make an appearance story wise. :)

And Mandalore's weapons will be a set of battle axes that are smaller in size and less ceremonial then the giant one he's seen with in the comics. If you want an idea of what the axes will look like, here is the design image I created for Inryi, who is in the process of modeling it.

Update time! :)

I have a few more screenshots of the Revan/Mandalore confrontation, from a specific segment that takes after place you defeat Mandalore. If this were a book chapter, it would be probably called something like "The Execution of Mandalore". :p

- Screenshot 1

- Screenshot 2

- Screenshot 3*

- Screenshot 4

*PC placement may seem a little odd here, it's because Revan is walking backwards and forwards whilst "passing her judgment" upon the Mandalorians. It's a pretty neat scene when you see it in motion.

I'm not planning on posting any more screenshots from this section of the mod, as there isn't much to post that wouldn't be a plot spoiler. Also, I'm not posting the execution itself, because I'd rather you as a player witness that when you play the mod. Let's just say Mandalore is shown to be a little shorter when your finished with him, and leave it at that. ;P

Also, if your wondering why some of the dialogue may seem a little odd, it's because that particular scenario within the context of the plot is being described to another in the present, so some of the dialogue refers to stuff in past tense. :)

I'm not planning on posting any more screenshots from this section of the mod, as there isn't much to post that wouldn't be a plot spoiler. Also, I'm not posting the execution itself, because I'd rather you as a player witness that when you play the mod. Let's just say Mandalore is shown to be a little shorter when your finished with him, and leave it at that. ;P

Looks awesome as ever! Beheading perhaps? :xp:

You got an idea percentage wise how much you've done?

Looks awesome as ever! Beheading perhaps? :xp:

You got an idea percentage wise how much you've done?

The first big milestone of the project will be when the main plot content is finished to the point where one could play all the way from the beginning to the end. Depending on if or not my rate of progress stays constant, this milestone may be reached within the next few months. It will be something that I'll announce when it's reached.

After then, there is still much to do. Finishing off what remains of a number of uncompleted side quests, polishing/bug fixing, closed-beta with external bug-fixers, auditioning and recording voice overs, and then implementing them into the game, then packaging up for release.

...bloody hell, you ARE a robot. I might have to come to you for organisational advice, since you seem to know exactly how to organise a mod :clap:

The Mandalore dialogues are exquisite. He reads just like I imagine he would speak; epic, slightly poetic, such as the 'hatred wiping the mind of all lesser emotions' part, yet not overly floral. He doesn't waste words. Very nice work Silver. Don't forget to be one of those robots that eat, drink and sleep. Don't want a malfunction.

<3

~Pap~

Should I comment, Silveredge, or would you rather venture a guess as to what complaints I'll have for you this time? :p

I like how you've shown some of the Mandalorians without helmets, though - it highlights how how human they really are underneath their armor, and how like all humans they're not invincible. It's fitting they should appear that way when Mandalore is just beaten. Was that the intent?

Should I comment, Silveredge, or would you rather venture a guess as to what complaints I'll have for you this time? :p

I like how you've shown some of the Mandalorians without helmets, though - it highlights how how human they really are underneath their armor, and how like all humans they're not invincible. It's fitting they should appear that way when Mandalore is just beaten. Was that the intent?

Criticism of what I show is welcome. And if the criticisms are justified and I recognize that there may be a problem, then I'll do something about it. :)

And your observations about the Mandalorians without helmets is pretty much correct. Although there were some technical reasons behind the design choice too, which will probably be apparent when you see that scene in it's entirety.

Silver, these latest screens are fantastic! Even from those few pictures, it's obvious how much time and effort you've put into that scene, and indeed the whole mod, to make it as good as possible.

You're doing something truly amazing here, and I can't wait to play it.

Well done! :)

Can you add alien mandalorians?

Well, those aliens would need to have their own head models. What I mean is that, with the exception of Twi-Leks, all aliens have their heads directly connected to their body, so you can't just give them a Mandalorian Armor. I've seen a WIP mod somewhere (or maybe the guy was just giving it a try), where the modder had created separate body and head models for a Duros. So it's possible, but probably more trouble than it's worth.

Archived