Home

[tsl] KOTOR: Revenge of Revan

logan23

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey logan23 , I hope I am not disturbing you , but i wanted to ask how is the mod going ? You have a very long time to post an update and I am curius to learn if there are any news...

This is a total conversion mod that's been going on for about four years now. Remember that these guys don't fixate only on RoR; they have other things in their lives as well. Just be patient with the team. Periodic updates have been, and will be made.

This is a total conversion mod that's been going on for about four years now. Remember that these guys don't fixate only on RoR; they have other things in their lives as well. Just be patient with the team. Periodic updates have been, and will be made.

Yes you are right , of course ,it is a very demanding and time-consuming mod and I didn't wanted to put any pressure on them , I am just curious about the progress of the mod since it has been a very long time to see an update...that's all ;) .

• 4 weeks later...

Just tried the demo. It's amazing. The whole mod is made really well. Apart from a few glitches near the start, getting stuck in places, and one of the cantina npc's head partially disappears(lol), other then that I'm more impressed with this the I was with the Kotor Brotherhood of shadow conversion. Good Job with all the hard work spent on this conversion mod. Most of my other mods that I installed, work fine too. I'm now Addicted :p

Can't wait for the updates on your site for this beta mod. :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey, I posted this on Deadly Stream earlier, but I'll put it here as well. Hopefully someone can help me:

I just downloaded the demo. The launcher has a small bug (I have to click a bit to the left of the icons to start the game), but I figured it wasn't much.

Then, I start a new game. All is normal. Now, when I press "Play", it takes me to the RoR intro crawl, but after that, it doesn't show Tyrena Station being attacked, and instead it skips me to the KotOR II prologue, on the Ebon Hawk. I skip the prologue, and I'm sent to Peragus. Anyone knows what's wrong? Thanks in advance.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure this is the biggest KotOR mod I've ever seen. Keep up the good work, and I'm hoping to see the full mod hit the web soon!

Your best bet to be able to run both RoR and KotOR 2 simultaneously would be to make a fresh install of KotOR 2 and then copy the entire game folder and rename to whatever you choose. Then just install RoR to the copy and use the main, real copy for KotOR 2.

This is what I did but I made two folders. One for RoR and one for TJM. THough I did include a few force power mods and what not.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys!

Just wanted to stop in and give you guys an update on the mod.

The Story Bible is going through review and will be ready for the new writers with in a few days. Right now it's 78 pages long and might end up as big as 90 by the time its fully stamped approved.

The Story Bible is the core document for a Writer to understand the characters and the story of the game in order to write dialogue and quest lines where they can see the character arcs as well as the over all themes on each planet as well as game as a whole. This involves bios, character arcs, game planet layout, all the main events and themes on each planet in order to keep with the pacing of the over arcing story.

This gives the writers the confidence and foundation to allow them to be creative and know where all the small and large pieces and joints are in the game.

You will be seeing more information and images on the official website coming in early Oct.

I'm looking forward to getting more of this information out to you guys and answer any questions you might have.

Thanks for the Support!

And Keep Modding!

MORE TO COME.....

Logan

Awesome news on the story bible! Looking forward to the story alot :D

A couple of random ideas since the mod is still being written in areas.

A unique ls/ds romance option and a unique planet or quest chain only unlockable if your a certain alignment. irregardless keep truckin' along with the mod and i will be waiting on here and moddb for whenever you are ready to release the next stage. :)

Hey guys!

Just wanted to stop in and give you guys an update on the mod.

The Story Bible is going through review and will be ready for the new writers with in a few days. Right now it's 78 pages long and might end up as big as 90 by the time its fully stamped approved.

The Story Bible is the core document for a Writer to understand the characters and the story of the game in order to write dialogue and quest lines where they can see the character arcs as well as the over all themes on each planet as well as game as a whole. This involves bios, character arcs, game planet layout, all the main events and themes on each planet in order to keep with the pacing of the over arcing story.

This gives the writers the confidence and foundation to allow them to be creative and know where all the small and large pieces and joints are in the game.

You will be seeing more information and images on the official website coming in early Oct.

I'm looking forward to getting more of this information out to you guys and answer any questions you might have.

Thanks for the Support!

And Keep Modding!

MORE TO COME.....

Logan

Just wanted to stop in and give my (moral) support. It's been a few years since I first found this and I've gotten busy with doing other stuff, but I'm still keeping track of this game and anticipating its release. In the back of my mind, it's not even a mod anymore.

Good work staying on it so long. :o Thanks for the progress update.

• 4 weeks later...
Your best bet to be able to run both RoR and KotOR 2 simultaneously would be to make a fresh install of KotOR 2 and then copy the entire game folder and rename to whatever you choose. Then just install RoR to the copy and use the main, real copy for KotOR 2.

Alright, thanks. Haven't had time to try it yet, I've been busy, but I will when I'll have time.

Again, Logan, great mod! You and the others have been working hard, can't wait to see the fruits of your labors!

• 2 weeks later...
And also I don't mean to be impatient but when is your guess on the date this will be release?

Try to find something to occupy your attention while you wait for the release. It will come out eventually. If they gave up and aren't planning on finishing, I feel reasonably confident that they would tell us so. In the meantime, patience is a virtue. And required. :¬:

~KG~

I sincerely hope that it's released early next year or this year. I've played the other conversion mod The Jedi Masters but it's not challenging in the slightest and it doesn't feel like Kotor but I think they did do a great job, but ROV will be much better I beleive.

Anyway let's try to spark this forum up again. :p

Archived