Home

I just reported a pedophile...(see mod note in first post before replying)

DarthJebus05

Sorry, but their 'right' to be horny doesn't override my kids', or any kids', rights to an upbringing safe from being damaged by these predators. Their actions are reprehensible and they need to be stopped from harming children.
QFT.

Agreed, but the question is, should a person not have a right to fulfil his sexual desires? And if he should, and these two rights overlap, which should override the other (if at all) and on what basis?
Put yourself in the child's shoes. One on hand, you have someone who just wants pleasure, and on the other, you're looking at permanent emotional scars.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe that it is possible to change your sexual preferences if you really put your mind to it. I don't buy that people who love children are born with some sort of gene that makes them love people under the age of 12. At best, I think there might be some inherent attraction to the immature look, but that can be found in adults, there are indeed adults who still look child-like.

I think that they do have a right to be attracted to children if they so feel that they do, but in the same context, they must understand that the law says that children are incapable of making such kinds of sexual decisions. And therefore, much as you may be attracted to kids, such a relationship is never going to happen.

I mean, my grandpa and my mother were 10 years apart, she was 15 at the time they met. Sure, things were different back in the 1930's and 40's, but the point is really that sometimes you just have work within societal bounds.

But people who molest kids, there's just no excuse for that, it is, in short, the inability to control yourself when you see the thing that turns you on. If a hot girl who's 25 walks down the street, it is called rape if you do the nasty without her consent. The same thing applies to kids, since kids can't give consent, it is always bad.

I may, as much as anyone, accept that there is a possibility to be truly attracted to children, but that doesn't mean I have to like it or approve of it or even tolerate it.

It's irrelevant if they realize the only thing that gets them off is a child. It's still wrong. I'm sorry for whatever damaged their systems so that they don't have appropriate sex drives, but it's still wrong. Why? A child can't choose to have sex or not sex in the case of pedophiles, and a child's sexual organs are not developed enough at younger ages to even have sex. If you have sex with a younger child, you damage their internal organs. That doesn't even begin to address the psychological damage done of forcing a child to have sex.

Yeah, we humans in general want sex, but it needs to be in the appropriate context. Pedophiles don't get the right to indulge their 'needs' at the expense of a child's health and safety. Sorry, but their 'right' to be horny doesn't override my kids', or any kids', rights to an upbringing safe from being damaged by these predators. Their actions are reprehensible and they need to be stopped from harming children.

Perhaps you misunderstood me. I did not say that pedophiles should have a free ticket due to a problem they have. I simply said that it is a problem worth pitying.

I pity a man who kills his wife and is going to end up in jail for the rest of his life. I pity the kid who gets drunk and drives his car into another car, killing someone else. I pity the woman that gets over run by stress and kills her children. I pity the people who can only grow an emotional and physical attachment to a child.

No matter how sick it may sound, put yourself in the shoes of both sides of a problem. Both the victim and the attacker.

The victim gets the sympathy and love due to them being... well... the victim. Obviously.

The pedophile is a pedophile due to birth, upbringing, life experience, all of the above, etc. No matter how freakishly sick their activities are, I still feel pity for them. It is easy to say "Just don't do it. Just avoid it." to a pedophile, but putting that into action is harder done than said.

Yes it goes over natural rights. Yes it scars people. Yes it hurts and kills many. I am not denying that. What I am saying is that these people can only get off to children. No matter how sick that may be, that is how it is. Sex, both physical and mental, is a hard thing for one to resist their entire life. Lock them up and throw away the key, or get try and get them help... but from the information I know, curing pedophilia is a very long process that very few end up succeeding in.

That is something worth pitying. Someone who is unfortunate enough to grab one of many short straws of life and get thrown in with the rest of us.

Does that mean that pedophiles are any less of a problem? No, it doesn't.

Let me rephrase, nothing said by anyone will make me feel sorry for someone that violated a child. I do feel sorry for those that are attracted to child, yet overcome their urge to harm a child.

I have no hate towards anyone. Forgiveness is fine and something I strongly believe in. I’m all for forgiving even a pedophile, however forgiving has nothing to do with forgetting. Forgiving also does not mean the pedophile has to be released from prison. They can be forgiven, yet still be kept off the streets where they cannot harm another child.

That sums up by thoughts very well.

I feel sorry for them in the same way I feel sorry for someone with anger issue that attacks someone. Sure, they have a probably worth pitying, but that doesn't override the fact they attacked someone.

I believe that it is possible to change your sexual preferences if you really put your mind to it.

I have experience, a number of friends and family, and life accounts that say otherwise. Some people may be able to move around, but I'd say to many of them that they are simply in denial, or trying desperately to conform to a social standard.

I believe for most people that willingly changing your sexual preference is about as easy as willing yourself to have different colored skin. Sure, you can put yourself into denial or use paint... but that doesn't change the fact you can't will your skin to be blue.

That, however, is a different topic.

I think that they do have a right to be attracted to children if they so feel that they do, but in the same context, they must understand that the law says that children are incapable of making such kinds of sexual decisions. And therefore, much as you may be attracted to kids, such a relationship is never going to happen.

Find me a pedophile that would say that they are happy to have the "right" to only be attracted to children, only be able to get off to children, and only feel a close bond towards children. Find me a pedophile that would gladly welcome being a pedophile again if they could be born anew. Find me a pedophile that would outright refuse an insta-cure to their sexual preference.

The "Well, they do it because they want to" argument falls flat on its face when you realize that many of them don't want it. Who would want to only be attracted to something that would cause them to become social outcasts, lead them to jail, and then lead to the very high probability of being killed in prison? Pedophiles are the most highly murdered people of any inmates at a prison. The are quite possibly the most hated people in our society.

Even if you do somehow restrain yourself, if you've been caught before then your life is -over-. Nobody is going to want to hire you. Nobody is going to want to live near you. You'll be an outcast for the rest of your natural life and beyond.

And if you do restrain yourself forever... then what? You are still attracted to children. How do you have a normal relationship with someone your age when they are not someone you can be attracted to? You would never be able to have children, and you might not ever tell your partner if fear of them snitching on you and/or leaving you. There have been cases of supposedly cured pedophiles molesting their children years and years later, after being with a spouse for a long time.

I would put money on the bet that the list of pedophiles that would refuse to be "normal" is very small. I would put money on the bet that very few people willingly let themselves become abhorred outcasts of society by willing themselves to be attracted to children.

I believe many of them do understand the laws. That is why they try to avoid being caught by kidnapping and/or turning the child submissive to them. It is quite obvious that it is illegal. If it wasn't, then they wouldn't have to be so secret about it.

I'll use another group with a similar degree of addiction, but different area. It is one I know well.

Alchoholism is a strong desire to drink and in fact become an actual dependance. After a long enough time you get physically ill when you are deprived of it. Once the problem is identified, you can live with it, get help, or demand that society just accept you as you are. Alchoholics when they realize they have a problem generally try to get help. They join a group and help eachother avoid the temptation and council newer members on how to remain clean. They don't form groups to share secret desires, and contemplate how to get away with it.

Perhaps that's the real problem. They don't make an attempt at getting better. Instead pedophiles work counter to that. They want society to change it's rules to allow it. That's probably where my lack of sympathy for them comes from.

They don't make an attempt at getting better.

Really? So all those trying to find a wife or something else aren't really trying. The fact that they often don't seek prefessional help might have something to with the way they are stigmatized.

Really? So all those trying to find a wife or something else aren't really trying. The fact that they often don't seek prefessional help might have something to with the way they are stigmatized.

No, they aren't. Step one: Admit you have a problem. Keeping that from even your wife and internalizing means you aren't really admitting you have a problem. Step two is getting help with your addiction. Some might hit step 1, but never go beyond that.

Would you tell others about your problem considering the consequences?

ABSOLUTELY! When I had my drug problem I DID in fact tell people I had a problem. I told them that I needed help. I got counceling, and while I haven't been to a meeting in a while, I've been clean and sober for 9 years. And drug addiction could have cost me my clearance. Meaning I would lose my job. It is never an easy decision to admit to others you have a problem. But until you make that decision, you won't get the help you need.

Perhaps you misunderstood me. I did not say that pedophiles should have a free ticket due to a problem they have. I simply said that it is a problem worth pitying.
I most certainly did not misunderstand, or I wouldn't have said "I'm sorry for whatever damaged their systems so that they don't have appropriate sex drives". You're the one who said if you were in the same boat you'd probably end up in jail. An aberrant sex drive doesn't give someone a free pass to destroy the lives of others. It's not like pedophiles wake up one day and say "OMG, I just learned it's a crime to molest a child!! What am I going to do now?" Molesters know long before they even perpetrate their crime(s) that it's wrong.

I pity a man....I pity the people who can only grow an emotional and physical attachment to a child.

I pity what got them to that point, because it's usually bad. However, they had the choice to commit or not commit their crimes. There are times when my kids drive me up a wall because we're all having horrible days and are stressed out. I could choose to hurt them, or I could choose to walk away or send them to their rooms until I regain control. I choose the latter for both their sake and mine.

A pedophile has to make a lot of choices along the way to get to the actual act with a child. He could stop at anyone of those points and get help. If he or she can use a computer to lure children, s/he can use a computer to get help online, too.

There's a huge difference between showing someone pity and absolving them of responsibility. I can pity them, but I will still hold them accountable for their actions.

No matter how sick it may sound, put yourself in the shoes of both sides of a problem. Both the victim and the attacker.
I can understand them. I don't _agree_ with them. I refuse to allow them to avoid the consequences of their actions.

The pedophile is a pedophile due to birth, upbringing, life experience, all of the above, etc. No matter how freakishly sick their activities are, I still feel pity for them. It is easy to say "Just don't do it. Just avoid it." to a pedophile, but putting that into action is harder done than said.

There is help. Pedophiles know it's a crime. They know it's wrong. No one is holding a gun to their heads to go have sex with a child. They can choose to get help or they can choose to commit crimes. Too many choose the latter option.

Sex, both physical and mental, is a hard thing for one to resist their entire life.
It's hard. It's not impossible.

Lock them up and throw away the key, or get try and get them help... but from the information I know, curing pedophilia is a very long process that very few end up succeeding in.

The recidivism rate on pedophilia is awful. Unfortunately pedophiles who won't change their behaviors have to be separated from society in order to protect the innocent. It sucks, yes, but the only other alternative, allowing that person to continue to molest children, is entirely unacceptable. Pity or not, there is no win-win situation with pedophilia--we're having to deal with choosing the lesser of two evils.

I'd love to see a way to identify pedophiles before they commit crimes rather than after. It'd be much better to get them help before they and their potential victims are hurt.

That is something worth pitying. Someone who is unfortunate enough to grab one of many short straws of life and get thrown in with the rest of us.

We all get some breaks and we all get some short straws in lfe. Some get better breaks and some get shorter straws. Life is great sometimes, and life totally sucks sometimes. So I can appreciate their difficulties, but I don't have to agree with their actions in response to their troubles.

Find me a pedophile that would say that they are happy to have the "right" to only be attracted to children, only be able to get off to children, and only feel a close bond towards children. Find me a pedophile that would gladly welcome being a pedophile again if they could be born anew. Find me a pedophile that would outright refuse an insta-cure to their sexual preference.

There are websites where people not only accept pedophilia but openly flaunt their choice and want it to be accepted as a mainstream sexual preference. I refuse to give them any advertisement here, but if you're dying to know about it you can PM me.

The "Well, they do it because they want to" argument falls flat on its face when you realize that many of them don't want it. Who would want to only be attracted to something that would cause them to become social outcasts, lead them to jail, and then lead to the very high probability of being killed in prison? Pedophiles are the most highly murdered people of any inmates at a prison. The are quite possibly the most hated people in our society.
They do it because they want to satisfy their base desires and don't think they'll get caught. They don't care that the rest of society thinks they're wrong. They are likely the most hated people in society because they prey on the very children who desperately need our protection from physical, mental, and psychological damage.

Even if you do somehow restrain yourself, if you've been caught before then your life is -over-. Nobody is going to want to hire you. Nobody is going to want to live near you. You'll be an outcast for the rest of your natural life and beyond.

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

And if you do restrain yourself forever... then what? You are still attracted to children.
So?

I most certainly did not misunderstand, or I wouldn't have said "I'm sorry for whatever damaged their systems so that they don't have appropriate sex drives". You're the one who said if you were in the same boat you'd probably end up in jail. An aberrant sex drive doesn't give someone a free pass to destroy the lives of others. It's not like pedophiles wake up one day and say "OMG, I just learned it's a crime to molest a child!! What am I going to do now?" Molesters know long before they even perpetrate their crime(s) that it's wrong.

Agreed, I will also quote myself from earlier, since the point seemed to have be ignored;

Sex should be consensual, when it is not an individual does not have the right to fullfill their 'sexual' needs. We live in a society that seems to think that just because you 'feel' something it should give you the right to do it. With the same logic applied, if I'm a serial killer, why shouldn't I be allowed to go and kill someone, as that is how I get my sexual satisfaction. The problem with modern society, at least as it seems to me, is most people think they should be allowed to do whatever they like, and treat others how ever they like; however when they are treated the same way by someone else in the say way they have treated others they moan, get hurt and angry. Socrates made the point I'm trying to make along time ago and far more elequontly; "Do not do to others what angers you if done to you by others". That is of course the negative; Jesus articulated it as a positive 'Love your neighbours as yourself'.

I pity what got them to that point, because it's usually bad. However, they had the choice to commit or not commit their crimes. There are times when my kids drive me up a wall because we're all having horrible days and are stressed out. I could choose to hurt them, or I could choose to walk away or send them to their rooms until I regain control. I choose the latter for both their sake and mine.

*Puts on Yoda voice* :yodac: 'Control, control, you must learn control!' ;)

A pedophile has to make a lot of choices along the way to get to the actual act with a child. He could stop at anyone of those points and get help. If he or she can use a computer to lure children, s/he can use a computer to get help online, too.

There's a huge difference between showing someone pity and absolving them of responsibility. I can pity them, but I will still hold them accountable for their actions.

Agreed, I feel sorry for pedophiles, but once they have offended I do not think they should be given the chance to re-offend. I think by violating a child, they loose the right to their freedoms.

I have experience, a number of friends and family, and life accounts that say otherwise. Some people may be able to move around, but I'd say to many of them that they are simply in denial, or trying desperately to conform to a social standard.

I believe for most people that willingly changing your sexual preference is about as easy as willing yourself to have different colored skin. Sure, you can put yourself into denial or use paint... but that doesn't change the fact you can't will your skin to be blue.

I don't really mean like going from men to women, I mean adjusting what you find attractive. Ie: if you find hairy men attractive, but can't find hairy men around, you can adjust your preferences till you don't like hairy men as much.

I'm sure there are some, because some pedophiles are just really twisted people, they are rapists for children. And I'm sure that groups like NAMBALA would probably be able to find you a good list of people who understand that what they want they simply can't have.

No, that doesn't make any sense at all. You're saying that people who are pedophiles have no ability to keep it in their pants of keep their hands to themselves. I chose not grope girls and slap their butts, people with an attraction to children can chose to do the same. I'm not referring to their sexual orientation, but to their actions. There is no law saying you can't be attracted to children, there are laws however about child pornography and molestation. Be a social outcast? Probably, go to jail? only if you break the law.

yes, just like all the other people who were unable to control themselves sexually.

And if you do restrain yourself forever... then what? You are still attracted to children. How do you have a normal relationship with someone your age when they are not someone you can be attracted to? You would never be able to have children, and you might not ever tell your partner if fear of them snitching on you and/or leaving you. There have been cases of supposedly cured pedophiles molesting their children years and years later, after being with a spouse for a long time.

You're playing at hypotheticals here. Just as you're not going to know how many people are deterred from crime by the death penalty, as nobody is going to admit to it, you're not going to know which pedophiles started a family, raised their kids well, and never talked about it, because likewise they're not going to admit to it.

Yes, some pedophiles who start a family are unable to control themselves, but since those that are will never admit to being pedophiles, we have no way to know.

I would put money on the bet that the list of pedophiles that would refuse to be "normal" is very small. I would put money on the bet that very few people willingly let themselves become abhorred outcasts of society by willing themselves to be attracted to children.

The same could be said of homosexuals 40+ years ago. Which begs the question of course: does that mean pedophilia is only bad because society says so?

I believe many of them do understand the laws. That is why they try to avoid being caught by kidnapping and/or turning the child submissive to them. It is quite obvious that it is illegal. If it wasn't, then they wouldn't have to be so secret about it.

Er no...those people do not understand the laws.

Lets assume Joe likes women. Joe desires women at all levels, but Joe knows he can't go out and just feel one up in the middle of the mall. So Joe kidnaps and rapes women, or tortures them until they're submissive to him.

Did Joe show an understanding of the law?

No, Joe did not. While he may have showed a partial understanding of the law, he either failed to comprehend the full extent of the law, or simply ignored the fact that kidnapping somebody is against the law. And that molesting/raping them in his home is also against the law, and that forcing them to become submissive is still against the law.

And understanding of the law requires understanding of ALL the laws, not just a few. You still get a ticket for speeding when you're doing 60 in a 45 zone, even if you didn't see the sign.

As a mother of two girls and the grandmother of a six year old boy, I would rather see the pedophiles put in with the general population of a prison than kept by themselves. They wouldn't survive long at all in the general population of a prison.

As a mother of two girls and the grandmother of a six year old boy, I would rather see the pedophiles put in with the general population of a prison than kept by themselves. They wouldn't survive long at all in the general population of a prison.

Thats really civilised! It makes about as much sense as responding to a genocide, by commiting genocide, on those who did the first genocide.

Thats really civilised!
There is nothing civilized about it. It is the order of nature. Look at the first thing JediRevan wrote about that she is a mother and a grandmother, I believe she is putting herself in the shoes of the victims parent or grandparents. She is protecting her young, just like any good parent would do. So it does not have to make logical sense, like a mocking bird protecting its nest by a attacking a two hundred pound man, but it is the way of nature. I cannot say I wouldn’t react just as harshly if such an act like that was against someone close to me. I would like to believe that I am above that, but I just don’t know.

There is nothing civilized about it. It is the order of nature. Look at the first thing JediRevan wrote about that she is a mother and a grandmother, I believe she is putting herself in the shoes of the victims parent or grandparents. She is protecting her young, just like any good parent would do. So it does not have to make logical sense, like a mocking bird protect its nest by a attacking a two hundred pound man, but it is the way of nature. I cannot say I wouldn’t react just as harshly if such an act like that was against someone close to me. I would like to believe that I am above that, but I just don’t know.

It is not that pedophilia isn't a horrible crime; it is, and possiby the worst you can commit; but one must be very careful, that you don't become that which you are fighting...

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And when you look into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you."

In my opinion you should train yourself not to make very important decisions when angry; otherwise you may well end up doing something you later regret. The whol judicial process should not be built up on emotion or revenge, but justice and the protection of the weak.

Thats really civilised! It makes about as much sense as responding to a genocide, by commiting genocide, on those who did the first genocide.

I wouldn't call it genocide. I would call it justice for the innocent victims and their families. Considering the fact that in some of the prisons there are sex offenders and pedophiles that are actually given drugs for erectile dysfunction and the drugs are being paid for by law abiding citizens that pay taxes.

I wouldn't call it genocide. I would call it justice for the innocent victims and their families. Considering the fact that in some of the prisons there are sex offenders and pedophiles that are actually given drugs for erectile dysfunction and the drugs are being paid for by law abiding citizens that pay taxes.

Justice? Do you really think that say a child murderer being executed or tortured to death in anyway brings back the dead child? In truth all it does is bring you down to their level.

Me from earlier in the discussion;

Forgiveness is vital as the alternative is hate and consider what that does; Bitterness, blame anger and hatred; for humans hatred only destroys the hater; the object of their hatred is either unaware or doesn’t care that they are hated. People should let go of negative emotions such as these; it will only lead down a dark path, as the hater will only become the hated after they do that which caused them to hate in the first place. It only forms a destructive circle.

There is a distinction between forgiving and forgetting however; pedophiles should be locked up so they can never re-offend, and as a punishment for what they have done. What your talking about is quite frankly trying to fight evil with evil. Indeed the way your thinking is why the world is such a horrbile place; lets take Isreal and Palestine for example, the innocent die, because neither side can forgive the other, and the anger and resentment, and need for revenge aka 'justice', just leads to more and more suffering.

What your talking about is cold hard revenge; should a pedophile be put to death? That is decision for the staten and not in the bounds of this discussion. What your talking about is cold, hard revenge. Many pedophiles were abused as children; you ever considered that?

I don't see what the problem would be with executing these scum.

Because people like to think that we're above such barbarity, and we aren't. Plus revenge is different from justice. It's one thing to see a murderer,pedophile etc. be put in a maximum security prison for the rest of their lives and have to live with the horrible act they committed(unless they're psychopathic, but that doesn't apply to everyone) but its another thing to just execute someone simply for vengeance's sake.

I don't see what the problem would be with executing these scum.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I was under the impression you considered yourself a Christian? Jesus considered these 'scum' so scumful, he died for them same as everyone else.

Lets have a quick review of a few things;

"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

"But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. Do to others as you would have them do to you.

"If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' love those who love them. And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' do that. And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' lend to 'sinners,' expecting to be repaid in full. But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked.

I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.

"Prostitutes are in no danger of finding their present life so satisfactory that they cannot turn to God: the proud, the avaricious, the self-righteous, are in that danger."

So you must obey them and do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach. They tie up heavy loads and put them on men's shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them.

Your point being...? They still deserve to pay for what they have done. Sure, it won't bring the child or the child's innocence back,~snipped~ these days the worst they have to worry about is prison time, we're not even castrating 'em.

Your inside voice doesn't need to become your forum voice. --Jae

Your point being...? They still deserve to pay for what they have done. Sure, it won't bring the child or the child's innocence back, ~snipped~ these days the worst they have to worry about is prison time, we're not even castrating 'em.

Yeah, I'm sure that is exactly as Jesus would have acted. :giveup:

Justice? Do you really think that say a child murderer being executed or tortured to death in anyway brings back the dead child? In truth all it does is bring you down to their level.

Me from earlier in the discussion;

There is a distinction between forgiving and forgetting however; pedophiles should be locked up so they can never re-offend, and as a punishment for what they have done. What your talking about is quite frankly trying to fight evil with evil. Indeed the way your thinking is why the world is such a horrbile place; lets take Isreal and Palestine for example, the innocent die, because neither side can forgive the other, and the anger and resentment, and need for revenge aka 'justice', just leads to more and more suffering.

What your talking about is cold hard revenge; should a pedophile be put to death? That is decision for the staten and not in the bounds of this discussion. What your talking about is cold, hard revenge. Many pedophiles were abused as children; you ever considered that?

Tell that to the parents of a young girl here in Florida that was kidnapped by a sexual predator. He tortured and then raped her before burying her in his parents back yard. That same pedophile tried to make the jury believe he was illiterate and mentally handicapped. I have to live with the daily dread of another one of these animals moving into my neighborhood near a park where children play or wait for their school bus.

How would you respond if one of these animals attacked your child?

No where in the Old Testament or New Testament is pedophilia condoned. The bible tells us to protect the children because they are gift from God. It doesn't say not to punish those who harm a child.

Archived