Home

Revan's Flowing Cape & Belt (K1 & TSL)

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have you considered passing some of the workload to another modeler? For example, passing the saber combat to one, deflections to another, "utility" as you put it to another, etc etc?

Not that you are in any way incapable of doing it yourself, but to ease your workload (and our wait time XD)... Ya know...

Seeing as how he's the first to figure out how to do this, no, he can't split up his workload. Not unless he wants to spend a couple weeks finding people interested enough to learn how to do it and training them, especially when he hasn't mastered it himself yet.

Your best bet is to just be patient and wait.

Have you considered passing some of the workload to another modeler? For example, passing the saber combat to one, deflections to another, "utility" as you put it to another, etc etc?

Not that you are in any way incapable of doing it yourself, but to ease your workload (and our wait time XD)... Ya know...

Well, the problem with that would be getting all the animations put together after it got split up all over the place, not to mention the different styles and stuff, and it would probably end up that the animations would get screwed up when I tried to import them. I had already animated 4,000 frames when I realized that I was missing 6,000 frames of animation from my model, but when I tried to import into what I had already done, all of the double bladed animations got screwed up, and Revan's legs curled up really bad. I had to start with a blank model, import all of the KotOR animations, delete the animations that I had completed with the cape (just the default ones without the cape animated yet), and then re-import the ones from my model that I had animated. And importing takes about half an hour. It's just best to be patient, and not try to put too much pressure on me.

Seeing as how he's the first to figure out how to do this, no, he can't split up his workload. Not unless he wants to spend a couple weeks finding people interested enough to learn how to do it and training them, especially when he hasn't mastered it himself yet.

Well, animating isn't exactly a new thing, it's just how to get it to all work in the game. I could probably pass this on to a better modeler than myself and they could do an amazing job, but it's best to just not split up a model like that.

Your best bet is to just be patient and wait.

Yes, this is pretty much the best advice. Meanwhile, you can download Revan's Robes without the cape.

Yes, this is pretty much the best advice. Meanwhile, you can download Revan's Robes without the cape.

Also HouseofAmon combined the male hood with revans mask for a great revan appearance when used with the star forge robes vice the ones mentioned in the quote. The kotor files site lists it as having an update, but the update link says there's no updated file, however I use this current version in my playthroughs with the starforge robes and it looks great. Could tide you over until SS finishes the great work he's doing on this mod. Get it here.

Btw SS, sorry to hear about the animation woes. Trailblazing always comes with its problems though. However your progress and attitude make it look like a cakewalk. Keep up the good work and best of luck on the problems that crop up.

after the version for k1 is released how long will it be until the version for TSL is released

:wid:

Seriously it probably won't take long as they both use the same engine. I think right now your best bet is to just sit back and let SS hit us with updates when he's ready, its going to take some time.

Btw SS, sorry to hear about the animation woes. Trailblazing always comes with its problems though. However your progress and attitude make it look like a cakewalk. Keep up the good work and best of luck on the problems that crop up.

I said that I might have to redo everything, but as it turned out, I don't. So, no worries there.

after the version for k1 is released how long will it be until the version for TSL is released

I don't know. I'm going to have to see if there's extra animations or not. If there aren't, I'll just convert it into TSL format, and 'wallah.' But if there are more, I'll need to make them work also.

Actually just off the top of my head I can already recall several different saber animations in TSL depending on which starting Jedi class you choose (including different flurry, critical hit and power attack anims), and then there's the Unarmed animations as well. So yeah, definitely quite a few new ones in TSL.

I said that I might have to redo everything, but as it turned out, I don't. So, no worries there.

Its from these annoying situations you often learn the most :p

On splitting the work load, I don't think its very realistic, for a few reasons:

- Not all of us have the same version of 3D-Max, this would lead to exporting/ importing various formats of 3D hassle.

And what SS said, it looks to be an unstable affair.

- Like SS pointed out, "styles" and ideas on how to do things could be quite differant among us. And could

- I think merging animations is quite difficult.

Anyway, its a lot of "coulds" and "woulds", but thats a bit the downside of it.

I think we would ( again :xp:) loose more time on how to work it out together, then SS figuring it out on his own.

Plus all things 3D involved take along time to make. ( the endless tweaking o_Q)

Though its a nice idea, if only we 3D nutters would have lived in the same neighbourghood/ street, things would be easier :)

@Topic: Sit back, relax and watch SS, sweat and curse on this labour intensive job :lol: [/saddistic]

Though its a nice idea, if only we 3D nutters would have lived in the same neighbourghood/ street, things would be easier :)

That would definitely be awesome! The next best thing would be if we could have, like, a modeling convention week once a year and be on Max 24/7 the whole time...

@Topic: Sit back, relax and watch SS, sweat and curse on this labour intensive job :lol: [/saddistic]

Actually, it'd be more realistic to say that I sweat, curse, bleed and shout while I'm doing this. :xp:

Bah, I kinda enjoy working on this, but sometimes it's a bit dull.

Bah, I kinda enjoy working on this, but sometimes it's a bit dull.

lol, m'yeah, to bad we can't to do quick tests, I'm sure Biowares Devs had some need tools, to quickly implement models into the game.

Without to do each export and compiling step.

Though, I still find UVW-wrapping the most boring part of the modelling process.

Animation I consider fun as it brings your thing to life. Ofcourse I haven't been doing it for 2 weeks non-stop :p

lol, m'yeah, to bad we can't to do quick tests, I'm sure Biowares Devs had some need tools, to quickly implement models into the game.

Without to do each export and compiling step.

Though, I still find UVW-wrapping the most boring part of the modelling process.

Yeah, me too. I don't especially like texturing either, but it's better than UVW mapping.

Animation I consider fun as it brings your thing to life. Ofcourse I haven't been doing it for 2 weeks non-stop :p

Heh, neither have I. But by now, I've come to hate the Revan model. Not really, but it kinda gets old just seeing it over and over. The animations seem endless...

Yeah, me too. I don't especially like texturing either, but it's better than UVW mapping.

Heh, neither have I. But by now, I've come to hate the Revan model. Not really, but it kinda gets old just seeing it over and over. The animations seem endless...

Yeah, I know what it's like to stare at the same character model over and over for long periods of time :xp:, but I feel so triumphant when it finally gets done (like my pesky Tusken).

My apologies, I wasn't trying to pressure you. I was thinking the animations worked kinda like a video. If everyone did them in the same format, one person could edit them all together. IE:

Bob does all the computer related animations, Jack does all the container related animations, both send them to you to go together.

If it doesn't work like that, please ignore this post :(

My apologies, I wasn't trying to pressure you. I was thinking the animations worked kinda like a video. If everyone did them in the same format, one person could edit them all together.

Well, once the model is in 3D-Max things get saved to a .Max file.

Bugger is if SS has Max 2008 and I've got Max 9, then I won't be able to open his file.

You would then have to go to export it out in an other format, but I wouldn't know which type would be the best and there are often lots of options you can set, which I know nothing about o_Q

Anyway, in the end you would still have 3 or 2 differant files you need to mix up together again. Another hassle to overcome :p

hi Magnus,

we have talked some months ago, I don't know if you remember.

You gave me a non released version of your kaurora.

Actually, there is no need of hex editing in what SS is doing but there is the need of it to make new heads possible, I now have more understanding of it all so we could try to implement that function in your tool if you're interested..

Contact me please

Archived