Home

XWA one year thread IV: The Clown Wars

K_Kinnison

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no work tomorrow! got some more myspace friends over the past few days. friends of my sister's. *shrug*

heh started watching the news again...and was wondering wtf this 'drone attack' thing is that we're doing.....wasn't aware until 2 days ago that we've weaponized our UAVs....and i was interested so i did a little research (wikipedia lols) and i think that it's just going to get more people pissed off at us. not only are we accidentally killing civilians while also taking out the taliban's leadership, we're doing it in a way that makes us look like cowards to them, and i read somewhere that a majority of the civilians that are getting killed, their families are obligated to avenge them.

I think it's a cheap move to use drones, but am undecided on the use of them. on one side, we're killing taliban leaders, but on the bad side we're making them more angry.

what is your opinion of the drone attacks?

We've been doing it for a while.

If it saves a live pilot from going into a danger zone and making the same attack (with the exact same risk of civilian casualties) for a lot cheaper, then it's probably a good thing.

I don't think any move we make militarily there (except for leaving...) will ever make the locals happy.

You BEAST you!!! XP

hahahahahahaha

no work tomorrow! got some more myspace friends over the past few days. friends of my sister's. *shrug*

heh started watching the news again...and was wondering wtf this 'drone attack' thing is that we're doing.....wasn't aware until 2 days ago that we've weaponized our UAVs....and i was interested so i did a little research (wikipedia lols) and i think that it's just going to get more people pissed off at us. not only are we accidentally killing civilians while also taking out the taliban's leadership, we're doing it in a way that makes us look like cowards to them, and i read somewhere that a majority of the civilians that are getting killed, their families are obligated to avenge them.

I think it's a cheap move to use drones, but am undecided on the use of them. on one side, we're killing taliban leaders, but on the bad side we're making them more angry.

dont forget, those 'civilian casualties' are being reported by the taliban :¬:

In a crap mood today. No particular reason for it... other than a lot of stupid little things are going wrong in my life right now... and I spent all day at work dealing with e-mails about things that really shouldn't be my problem, but for some reason, this week, they are.

Got a long walk in after work today... but this time it didn't seem to help.

Feels like I'm in a tailspin... and I don't really feel inclined to try to pull myself out. Just accept the inevitable crash...

Yeah... but I can't say it's doing wonders for me. :dozey:

The odd thing is: Yesterday I was in one of the most positive moods I have been in for a long, long time.

Maybe this is my psyche balancing itself back out.

It started today when I had to reply to this e-mail forwarded from my boss's boss about the event last night. NOTHING went wrong... but our attitude was brought up in question by someone who was there.

Not the way you want to start the day... defending yourself against the perceptions of someone you don't even know...

Then... dealing with a host of stupid little things... that always gets to me.

Giant soul-crushing crises... those I seem to buck up and just deal with...

The constant tiny everyday nagging problems of life... those are the things that always push me to the edge...

EDIT:

This thread is well on it's way to becoming the #1 most-popular thread in XWA history.

8 months - 2,500 posts

We should easily break (or get very close to breaking) 3K by year's-end.

It started today when I had to reply to this e-mail forwarded from my boss's boss about the event last night. NOTHING went wrong... but our attitude was brought up in question by someone who was there.

Nothing like getting attitude adjustment comments from a white shirt who shows up 6 hours a day and works for 2 them :thmbup1:

Got back from Vacation last week in good ole South Dakota. :thmbup1: Went and saw Rushmore again but this time at night when they have their little evening "lighting presentation". They do a 20 minute talk about the presidents on Rushmore then while the national anthem is playing they light up the heads with a big ass spot light. They also asked all former and current people in the armed forces to come on stage. Then they all gave their name,rank and branch of service as the flag was being brought down. It was an awesome ceremony. And it was packed to the gills with people. Very moving to see it. Then it was a week at great grandmas house.

Now it back to the same old grind. Lots of O/T.

My little girl turned 8. :eek:

Still a crappy mood today. Walked EVEN more after work than last night (almost 4 hours) to try to break the funk... but no real success.

I'm just going to feel like **** for the next couple of days no matter what I do, it seems. Best to live with it, and see if I can manage to walk away from the crash when it comes... or at least try to make myself comfortable in the wreckage. :dozey:

Work was also awful today.

working on situps...30/50...i need to work on it, would like to at least pass both pushups and situps on my next apft, idk about the running i haven't been able to get out to the track since i moved, hideous morning work schedule not helping at all.

been playing Fable II on the 360, trying to get all the achievements in it. It's pretty fun.

wasn't aware until 2 days ago that we've weaponized our UAVs....and i was interested so i did a little research (wikipedia lols) and i think that it's just going to get more people pissed off at us. not only are we accidentally killing civilians while also taking out the taliban's leadership, we're doing it in a way that makes us look like cowards to them, and i read somewhere that a majority of the civilians that are getting killed, their families are obligated to avenge them.

It is a matter of opinion.

How cowardly is it to leave IEDs in the middle of a road and blow them up when a convoy drives by? How cowardly is it to use a Mosque as a fortress and a way to fund your terroist orginization? Or how cowardly is it to hide behind innocent civilians when in a gunfight? How cowardly is it to send some poor sap to blow himself up and take out a dozen innocent civilians becasue of a few guys you don't like will get killed to?

Frankly if the Terrorists really think thier cause is righteous, or "Holy" they should be willing to blow themselves up and let the next person in line do the same to show that thier cause will not die when they die

Archived