Home

XWA one year thread IV: The Clown Wars

K_Kinnison

Beat that boss in LO. i got a feeling once i beat this game, i am going to pick up my DS and restart FFIII and get some more FF on that...then pick up a PS2 and as many FF games as i can get my hands on...

forgot how damn addicting and good these story-driven rpgs were.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

something came up today...my one friend, who is the stepson of my old landlord, said there is a full-time position at radioshack...i'm going to check into it, and see if they can match what i'm making at walmart. if everything works out, and they can match walmart's and get me guaranteed 40 hours a week...i'll be able to 'jump ship' lol...this would also provide the opportunity to make the moves on a particular person, as it wouldn't be against policy anymore. intriguing.......................

Played Risk and got drunk on rye last night... Good times! After about 4 hours, I had Australia and most of Asia (Green), a chick holding Africa (Grey), another chick holding half of North America and the bits of Asia I didn't have (Red), a dude desperately hanging on to South America and Mexico (White), and a guy with Europe and the other half of North America (Yellow).

Yellow cashed in for 60 guys, walked across northern Asia and into North America, took out Red, and cashed in a set of her cards for another 60 armies. Then he slaughtered White, got his cards, and cashed in for another 60 armies. He took some serious losses getting into Africa (lost about 80 armies to take a single territory held by 30), but eventually took that too. She didn't have enough cards for him to cash in to come after me, though, and he realized he was seriously overextended now.

I had 5 cards, and was definitely going to trade in and own the board if my turn came up now, so he made a kamikaze push on me... And after a night of rolling 5's and 6's when it mattered most, I kept getting 1's and 2's. It was still close, though... I finally started rolling decently on the second to last territory and took out 12 armies with 2, and the final battle for Eastern Australia was a 4 on 2 and came down to a 1 on 1. Final roll: 6 for Yellow, 1 for me. Ouch.

YOu need to have a LOT of articles of clothing otherwise everyone would be in skivvies after a few turns. For a "clothing game" I prefer Liers dice... you see it played in the second pirates movie

I hate risk because of the randomness. I rather play Axis and Allies, or supremacy. Problem is, it is hard time find people who are willing to play a marathon session of Supremacy. I know a few people who had a game running for MONTHS

YOu obviously never seen the show "Dog eat dog" they just had some minor models to a trivia contest and if they got a wrong answer they had to take off some clothing. Only problem was the ladies would often do badly and they would wear 3 or 4 bras, and 5 undies so they couldn't EVER go nude no matter how bad they were. But then again, it couldn't have been on a major network either if that happened.

YOu obviously never seen the show "Dog eat dog"...

No. Can't say that I did...

Sounds interesting.

But then there's also the fact that in the internet age, seeing attractive naked women on demand just isn't all that difficult... so waiting for a chick to answer that last wrong question on a station that will never show real nudity seems like an exercise in ratings failure however...

another boring day at work. only 1 roll of film. pretty crazy.

i'm tired. i am in the mood to play Empire at War, but this computer sucks for it.

hmmm...uninstalled republic commando to make room for EAW...gonna see how it works...

i may end up reinstalling and resubscribing to SWG by the end of the night. we shall see.

so, if you change your number, what are they gonna do, fire you?

I got sick of my computer constant freezing when trying to access anything with video.EAW froze on me, SWG froze 20 minutes remaining on dload. so i said screw it, played a few minutes on FFIII DS, tv became free, so i played a little Lost Odyssey, then decided to put Resident Evil Extinction in. that was pretty good. the chick is damn hot.

i have work 12-8/9 tomorrow. yay.

might stop in at radio shack and see wth they got to offer me as far as employment. i think it would come as a conflict of interest or something and walmart would get involved and raise hell over it if i put a 2 weeks notice and they found i went and worked for a competitor across the street.

then again...i been working at walmart for over 3 years, get a profit sharing incentive, 2 weeks vacation time a year, decent pay, people i work with aren't too bad. i dunno. from what i hear, the boss at radio shack would hire me on my friend's recommendation alone. trying to weigh the pros and cons of it....i should just say screw it and do it.

or just toss a coin and go about it that way.

Got one part of the cellar floor tiled yesterday.

Went pretty quick, and is mostly easy. Haven't tried cutting any of the tiles to fit odd spaces yet. That will be a real test.

I'll get pictures up later.

Work starts at 8 this morning. Ugh.

I don't have to be in that early... but I promised I'd get there as early as I could.

computer continually freezes on me. :( i get the 'no signal' on the monitor after everything locks up. rice crispy sounds coming from the speakers prior to the lockup. i've reseated the video card. this reminds me when the other dell was about to die. except it would at least have the courtesy to restart on its own. this one requires holding the power button until it shuts down. -_- i can't do much of anything that requires hard drive activity. so it could be 2 things. i tried hooking my acer back up, but same thing as before...spinning fans, no POST or any beeps.

Archived