Home

XWA one year thread IV: The Clown Wars

K_Kinnison

how about we count the chickens before they hatch folks

I doubt the new president could do worse then the last one

are you kidding?

half of the current issues everyone is blaming on GW were inherited.

Hell, he actually tried to put some controls in place a few years ago warning of a meltdown and congress said F that it might hurt the stock market

the housing bubble? Clinton did that.

9/11? you cant seriously call that his fault or really say he did it.

so yes, thats half, the patriot act and iraq, his fault.

financial woes....not his.

hes already started off poorly with his huge worhtless bail out.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

got back into EndWar. I almost succeeded in taking over Paris, failed. the 2nd try was fun, i had like 6 infantry units, threw them into transports and hauled ass to quickly secure the uplinks, ignoring all their defensive units. i was successful, but i still had to dispatch the units...that resulted in an epic fail...fortunately all my units had good enough defense for an effective evacuation. definitely exciting.

well that interview went nice

first thing the guy said i was over qualified :lol:

the only thing that i could do was work somewhere downtown on sat-sun evening :dozey:

but that pay is better then most of what they give out, and i get the company benefits of that I'd be contracted under for :dozey:

yay i can get health insurance again!

:dozey:

had a cool birthday i guess. :) just sat around playing video games most the day. got a few achievements unlocked in bad company. :) my sister got me another wireless xbox 360 controller...comes with a headset, so that's a plus. my parents got me a triple a membership...and are gonna get me a gps for my car.

watched constantine on tv. forgot how good that movie was.

i found my zen stone mp3 player...gotta bring it in from the car and upload more songs to it.

drank 3/4 a 2 liter of mountain dew...good stuff! should've got the vodka but i didn't want to annoy everyone..

what the **** are you talking about? (seriously? :) )

thinking of what to do with this girl tomorrow. i'm thinking of shooting some pool or bowling, going to movies, dinner. i dunno. i'll just make it up as i go along, that always works best for me.

edit: the controller doesn't work. darn. :( just get the green light flashing, tried new batteries, same thing. =\

360dragonnew39.jpg

just watched Max Payne. pretty good movie, a bit different than the game, but not too much different. liked the actor they chose for the part. :)

Well... good luck with that, dude! :) I guess it would be nice to see something good work out for at least one of us, if not for all of us...

Long day at work yesterday. Easy... but it just seemed to go on forever.

Maybe I'll put in a short one today to make up for it. I'm tired, and probably a bit on the cranky side.

Well, at least it's Friday. That's got to count for something :dozey:

I've got to head over to a piano student's house after work tonight and make sure she's all ready for her recital tomorrow. If she's anything like me, she's already nervous as heck :) I used to get so nervous before a performance I could barely function when it came time to play. It wasn't until I started playing in front of hundreds of people every week that I was able to master that and learn to just relax. Hopefully she will get through it OK :)

Yeah... I still feel butterflies.

I don't play to audiences enough to get comfortable, though I'm better than I once was.

The first time I improvised a solo on stage, I blacked out. Seriously. I have no conscious memory of being on stage from the time I hit the first note and the spotlight went on me, until the sax player took over a minute later.

I watched the video afterwards, and it was pretty bleak.

I don't get that bad anymore... but I'm usually pretty jittery at the start... usually at least until I make the first serious flub. Then I always seem to relax and enjoy it after that. I guess I figure: "Well... I've already ****ed it all up! Who gives a **** now? Might as well just blow through the rest of it..."

It's also dependent on how prepared I am. If I know the music forwards and backwards, I'm a lot more relaxed than if I just learned the music, or am seeing for the first time on stage and trying to sight read my part. Then I'm a wreck... and usually don't recover from it.

I even used to feel a bit of performance anxiety when mixing a big, high-profile show in front of a large crowd too... but I'm WAYYYYYY over that now. If I've had a decent sound check, then it doesn't even phase me.

That's all I liked to drink when I did drink. Never really liked beer.

Gonna make that run to IKEA today. Then work on the cellar. Clean up the walls and floor, build those bookcases, re-organize.

All the warning lights on my car's dashboard went out, and it's running smooth again. Just didn't like the really cold weather I guess. Probably a sensor malfunction brought on by below zero temps. (Although that seems a strange sensitivity for a Germanic car... but my Audi eventually developed a similar ailment as well...)

Well... that saves me a time-consuming and costly trip to the dealership repair shop.

I'll probably have to fix it eventually... but now it can wait until I can afford to be without the car for a while.

edlib, would you happen to know what would cause an electric guitar to constantly go out of tune sharp? I wouldn't have thought this is physically possible, but I will tune the guitar in question and within a minute or two most of the strings will have gone sharp, by as much as a half-step. It's a cheap-o guitar, Fender's cheap brand...Squire or Esquire or something like that, if that makes a difference.

Archived