Home

XWA one year thread IV: The Clown Wars

K_Kinnison

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree... tho it depends on which part. The whole Philly/Pitts rivalry divides the state

Finished helping my parents by using up the 6 cubic yards of Mulch my mom got. Really hot and sweaty work. Also did a round of DIsc Golf, found a disc and did really well after that

Budget?

Cost (almost) no object: Taylor or Martin

Beyond that, we'll have to see what you can afford.

The Fender, Ibanez, and Alvarez acoustics are pretty good affordable ones. (I have an Alvarez.)

Last night was a good time. Some of the comics were pretty funny. The company was nice.

It might be rough... but with modern manufacturing, a $300 guitar today isn't as bad as one from 20 or 30 years ago.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/navigation/acoustic-electric-guitars?N=100001+304277&Ns=P_Price|0&rpp=20

Stay away from the Rogue stuff. The Fender, Yamaha, Epiphone, Takamine, and Ovation budget stuff might be worth a look.

I'd go to the upper end of your budget to get the best you can afford.

As far as last night's company? Well... there's not much to say. Had some laughs, then hung out a bit together afterwards. Her roommates came to the comedy show too... so we weren't alone.

I've made up my mind that I'm going to walk to and from work this summer, mainly because i am having odd difficulty losing weight, even though i've pretty much cut out soda and junk food, it's the only thing i can think of that will help, plus it will get my body used to walking far distances every day. if it rains, oh well. i'll put my work clothes in a plastic bag and throw them in my backpack so they don't get wet, and just change in the fitting room when i get to work.

cheer up, at least you're not me. :p

i gotta go put this stupid thing in so i'm using up the rest of my vacation time cause walmart scheduled me 0 hours for next week, which i don't mind but i need the $$$, and won't be around in october to use the rest of my vacation so.....yeah!

gonna upload those pictures from ocean city and baltimore (200 pictures, thank god for photobucket's ability to upload all at once)...god it was such a blast!

Moar detailz plz. (about the company. ;))

Budget is kinda limited. I would like electronics in it for amplification if i even needed it, but it's totally not necessary. Looking at 250-300? (probably on the ****ty low end, eh?)

I'd go with one of these, a friend of mine plays one as her main acoustic (I'm a bit jealous of the Les Paul she usually uses even though I play bass), and if you want to grab a pickup and amp for it, you should be able to keep the total around $300.

Used is good. Most of mine were used when I got them.

Look for cracks on an acoustic. If it has electronics, plug it in.

Make sure it's playable top to bottom... that the strings don't sit an inch high after the 12th fret.

Check all the strings for buzzes on every fret.

Then listen to the acoustic sound for a while. Make sure it's warm and loud unamplified.

Cabaret music tonight. Easy day... except I got stuck mixing monitors on stage, which I hate.

But my boss got stuck babysitting the band's front-of-house engineer, who had him running through circles (and bad a pretty advanced case of B.O...) so I think ultimately I had the easier day of it after all.

just got back from the local bar after dropping my friend and this drunk girl off...that girl was bawling her eyes out over michael jackson's death, saying she was wanted to die, etc. give me a ****ing break...at least it was an entertaining night out.

there are too many ****ing hicks up here. sick of seeing the ****ing confederate flag on people's ****ing car windows.

thats like, everywhere dude

all over IL, IN, MO, WI that I have seen so far regularly

there is no escape from ignorance

If you really want to see "Hicks" go to northern Wisconsin. Even the people who others think is smart are nothing more then good BSers

yeah, sorry, those are called canadians

you are just lucky I consider you one of us KK :thmbup1:

Archived