Home

XWA one year thread IV: The Clown Wars

K_Kinnison

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess that's true. We definitely have the core values in common, and there's clearly a mutual attraction. Still, it seems like we should want to...you know...DO things together. And maybe we will. We hardly know each other at this point, so that remains to be seen. I guess I'm just comparing it to the last girl - right away we could see we had absolutely everything in common.

Meh, I have no idea what I'm doing.

who really does anyways :)

my wife and I dont have much in common.

It causes some friction at times, but we get through it.

just got back from a drive from hell.

i had to drive on the other side of the city to get to a dealership to get a new master control switch for my sentra.

but on the way, I visited Cracken's work, sadly he wasnt working then

but i did pick up one of these:

detail-1.jpg

just a teeny tiny 20inch 16:9 HD Widescreen LCD

>.>

yeah, im kidding, its freakin huge. :joy:

A decision they may (no... make that: PROBABLY will...) live to regret after it's to late to back out.

Oh, I don't know. Google for it and you will find plenty of stories of people dating for six weeks and then still being happily married 50 years later or some such. Granted, I'm sure it's incredibly rare that it does work out, and when it does, it's in spite of that hasty decision, not because of it, but...it does happen. And these two people clearly have the same moral and religious background we've been saying is the most important thing, and clearly a mutual attraction. And they did know each other for a few months before they started dating. So... I don't know. If it doesn't work out it's not like I'll ever find out about it.

In the meantime, I think this new girl may be crazy, and it may be time to punch out of this one right now.

all girls are crazy, just an FYI :D

10 year reunion starts tonight, head home after work and change clothes, then back into town to meet my buddy for dinner before we walk over to the festivities

I almost lost my thumbnail today, so thats helpful :rolleyes:

Had a ****ty morning.

I got up really early (very short night's sleep...) to get a nice early start before I bailed out at 1.

So of course, the subway breaks down on my way in. :rolleyes:

What should have been a one hour commute was now 2 and change. (I intended to get to work before 9... I arrived after 10:15...)

And the whole time I was on the train, I was fielding questions from someone trying to get into the building for a fire inspection... which wasn't supposed to happen for 2 weeks, but they decided to change it, and not actually inform me of this until this morning when they wanted in... while I was stuck on the train.

Ugh.

Then the inspection went badly. An emergency light that worked last week, of course failed when I went to turn it on for the Fire Marshall. And an onstage door that hasn't been used for any reason for over 30 years got singled out as an important escape route.

Then, all the while, I had people looking to get in and work on the stage, and meet about concerts (which should have happened weeks ago...)

And all I wanted to do was get in early, do a couple of things, meet with co-workers for a leisurely breakfast (and meet my boss's new girlfriend...), then take off at 1 to meet up with my out-of-town friends.

The best laid plans of mice and men...

The rest of the day went fine... once I actually got the hell away from work.

Though I did discover a wet spot on one of the car floormats that must have been there for a few days. My friend (or a client she was driving around) must have spilled something. (I guess I spoke too soon about it being spotless inside...)

Not a big deal, but I'll have to ask her about it tomorrow. Because if it wasn't a spill, then it must mean I have a leak.

had a good day at work. mostly boring. :p went out for wings with my friends and picked up 2 5 hour energy drinks for tomorrow's pt test. i just better pass it...or come very close. my feet got 2 days of rest from running, so hopefully i won't have too much trouble with pain.

on the way home i drove past the ex's and noticed a light was on but no cars in the driveway. hmm...i wonder if she sold her car since she doesn't drive anywhere anyway? i don't really care, but it would be interesting to find out if she is the one that keyed my car. (will post pics sometime...)

gonna head over to my parents' and put laundry in the wash and stay the night cause they're away til tomorrow and someone needs to let the dog out. i need to go to bed ASAP so i can wake up at 6am and drink some water and my 5 hour stuff.

then afterwards i gotta work 9-6.....i'm the opener, so i'll have people bitching cause the machines aren't up and running as soon as i get in to open. :rolleyes: if i pass i'll be in too good of a mood i might just tell them all to be patient or go to hell.

I don't think we will ever know what we will be doing.

ALSO: SCAR. I CAN HAS YOUR DRIVERS LICENSE.

expect me to visit ya tomorrow :p

p.s.

to everyone who is confused about this exchange

i visited crackles work on my way to get a new part for my car

and he wasnt there

and i bought that 20in LCD while i was there, and i got that 4yr warranty, and cus my address didnt match to where i live now

i let the guy who cashed me out to 'borrow' my license to input my info

so i forgot to take that with me.

so i called up best buy about 6hrs later and told em to leave it with Cracken (whom i was told when I was there that he would be working later)

The move is complete. (Thank heavens...)

I didn't get through until almost 9 tonight. After we moved her in and dropped the truck and the other helpers she had back off, the 2 of us went back to her new apartment, put her bed and other furniture together, positioned everything and set up her rooms, and unpacked all her boxes.

We went out for ice cream afterwards, and then I drove her around to a couple of stores so she could pick up some things she needed.

It was a nice afternoon/ evening. :)

I still can't say that romance is in the air... but we were getting cozy together... and at one point, she started asking me all about my relationship history. (Which I always take as some kind of a sign...)

We'll see...

At this point, I've decided NOT to worry about the destination, and just enjoy the ride for what it is. And I've also decided for now that just hanging out all day with a total babe in her apartment is a pretty sweet ride! Even if nothing ever comes of it... just sitting and talking about things with her is fun, and makes me happy.

I didn't pass the APFT. i did good on the run though, but not good enough.....kept a steady pace, at the last lap like 1/4 from the finish i ran into a ********ing bee and it stung me in the upper lip right under my left nostril. I am fortunate to be alive. Just grateful I'm not allergic to bee stings. My run time was 18:33. I ********ed up on the pushups, did 38/40 and the situps i did like 32/50......situps i think are going to be a bitch to train for. next apft is in 2 weeks i think. hopefully i can get my running time down below 16:36...that's what mainly held me back at BCT.

Way to go Ed, looks like things are going well for you.

As for me my sweetheart is coming to visit next weekend so I will be trying to make my apartment spotless. Doesn't help that the A/C decided to quit on me, and the ballest for the floresent lights in my kitchen died. FML It is over 80 degrees out and my poor kitty is miserable.

Saturday spent most of the afternoon playing volleyball outside with some friends. Then we watched the UFC fights... i donno, i am starting to get flustrated watching these things. One guy got hit and lost his balance 20 seconds into the match, and landed on all fours so he wouldn't faceplant, as he was trying to push himself up the Ref called it a TKO "Because he wasn't defending himself" which is a bunch of BS. It is UFC, let the guy take another couple of hits to the head before you call it.

Way to go Ed, looks like things are going well for you.
Yeah... though I'm still unsure about the whole thing.

She has started saying things like "we" and "us" and "we'll" when talking about future events... so it seem like perhaps she's started thinking about couplehood, at least unconsciously. I'm definitely included in some of her future plans, anyway...

But she still has a bit of a standoffish air about her... especially when it comes to physical contact. I'm not sure how much of that might be her cultural background... and how much of it is "keeping a safe distance" between us.

So, I'm currently trying to decide how long I can live with a "girlfriend without benefits" without going crazy.

I guess at some point soon, I'm going to have to just bite the bullet and make an unmistakable move and just let the cards fall where they may. Yesterday wasn't good for that... but I already have an invitation to go over again soon.

lol ed, get wasted before you do anything. then if it doesn't work out, you can just blame it on the alca-alca-alca-alcohol baby! lol
Hmmm... if only I drank. But, alas... I do not.

However... she does. ;)

Cookout at a buddy's tonight. Kinda fun.

Long day tomorrow... and also for the rest of the week.

Better get off to bed.

No... I'm not going to get her drunk. But I've dropped her off after a couple of epic parties where she has gotten more than a bit buzzed.

All I'm saying is if I'm with her some time when she starts to relax and loosen up, I may try to steer the conversation one way and see where it goes... if for no other reason than just to try to clear things up in my mind about where things really stand between us.

went running with my friend...he ran 2 miles in 16:29....i ran it in like 19:21. gotta push myself tomorrow. f-bomb.

how long have you been training for the run?

have you been doing anything for the pushups/situps?

we seemingly got the close moved up a whole day! thats epic for us, cuz its 20 MORE hours we have the house before the weekend to get stuff ready and get more small stuff moved!!

Archived