Home

Drewton's Skins

Drewton

If you ever feel the need to flex those new CS5 muscles, you can always release a TSLMIM part 2 anytime you like ;)

Heh...going through all these textures and testing them out in KotOR II again, I kind of feel inspired to, but to be honest I've been doing a lot of testing with the first KotOR and thinking there's better modding opportunities there.

You might want to try a different outlet considering KOTORFiles has been down for awhile...

or well not down, but no new files seem to ever show on the network. If possible, a filehosting website would be better - or you could always try out the DeadlyStream forums.

Yeah, I'm hopefully going to have it up on Deadly Stream and ModDB at least.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great to hear your releasing this Drewton, and great to see you around again! :) Some great work there! Interested to see what you've done with the Telos skybox...

You might want to try a different outlet considering KOTORFiles has been down for awhile...

Two of the three severs are down, so you have to refresh several times otherwise the site defaults back to March sometime. Download links have also been sporadically down over the last month as and when I've checked; Our staff log-ins don't work; So we have to use a central admin account...

All of which is to say, for me at least the above doesn't encourage me to be massively enthusiastic over uploading mods when things often go wrong for me when trying to review a mod Or when trying to get Revenge of Revan up it's proven impossible; every method I can think of doesn't work, and even if I did, downloads may not work, and it would only show up on on server.

Normally I wouldn't post this in public, but while I think DI and Shem are awesome, and wouldn't want to upset them, the higher ups at filefront, well lets just say that's a different story.

Film project?

I like film projects :D

Hope you are doing well Drewton, and glad you have come back around! If your production needs a gaffer..... I am ready to go international :p

LOL, thanks man. I've spent over $2000 on it so far, hoping it will be pretty groundbreaking for a fanfilm.

Does that mean we'll also get the awesome game menus you did?

Yes, the launcher and main menu will be featured, although minus silver buttons! :)

I agree with Phil. Well... I mean.. I second his question... to which... er...

Let's put it this way: You could release any and/or every skin in this WIP here and we'd be happy forever and ever. :D

Thanks Varsity! Your own mods are awesome. I've used them for a while.

I don't want to get anyone's hopes up too high, so I'll just say prepare to be disappointed. Most of the reskins didn't go beyond the concept stage and even reskins like Darth Sion are a mess. The Sith Lords...not so massive improvement mod. The best part of the mod will be Peragus probably.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
peragus_commandcenter_window.jpg

I don't want to get anyone's hopes up too high, so I'll just say prepare to be disappointed. Most of the reskins didn't go beyond the concept stage and even reskins like Darth Sion are a mess. The Sith Lords...not so massive improvement mod. The best part of the mod will be Peragus probably

Well, I already plan to add a shoulder pad and those implants into Sion, so.. with your permission, I may have to make some minor adjustments to that skin... with your permission of course ;)

Of course. That was always something I always wanted to add but could never do myself.

Also, just doing some testing with KotOR 1...

Show spoiler
mainmenuh.jpg

EDIT: Okay, so I forgot to copy the shiny TXI file over for one texture on Nar Shaddaa. But the semi-transparent effect was kind of cool. :p

Show spoiler
tslmimtransparent.jpg

On another note, it was extremely hard to make that place look good and one of the reasons I gave up. Same texture used for the walls and floors in nearly every part of Nar Shaddaa.

I am definitely getting back into modding.

Well, I already plan to add a shoulder pad and those implants into Sion, so.. with your permission, I may have to make some minor adjustments to that skin... with your permission of course ;)

I'm glad you're taking a crack at that. If I had more time, I'd try it out, just to get some more modelling practice. But, since you're on the job, I'm sure Sion's in better hands :D

I am definitely getting back into modding.

:thumbsup:

LOL, thanks man. I've spent over $2000 on it so far, hoping it will be pretty groundbreaking for a fanfilm.

In that case, here's a pro-tip:

A 4' x 4' piece of fibercore or foamcore, black on one side white on the other, which you can buy at an art supply or even some Target stores, can be your best lighting friend.

It is used to "bounce" light. We call it a bounce, in this case a 4x4 bounce, and might cost $5. I know your budget is tight, but this can help you with key lighting, as well as just taking your level up enough stop in some spots to help you out lens-wise.

Glad that you are sharing your goodies with the community, your skins were truly a Massive Improvement!

In that case, here's a pro-tip:

A 4' x 4' piece of fibercore or foamcore, black on one side white on the other, which you can buy at an art supply or even some Target stores, can be your best lighting friend.

It is used to "bounce" light. We call it a bounce, in this case a 4x4 bounce, and might cost $5. I know your budget is tight, but this can help you with key lighting, as well as just taking your level up enough stop in some spots to help you out lens-wise.

Glad that you are sharing your goodies with the community, your skins were truly a Massive Improvement!

Thanks a lot for the tip, I'll definitely try this. I'm trying a lot of dynamic lighting and also to have as little post-color grading as possible. And I already use foamcore for sets. So I take it you want to become a professional film gaffer?

This is weird...testing out the Telos polar plateau and the "Frame Buffer" effect seems to automatically add a blue glow to the snow and the skybox. It would be a nice effect but it gets way too extreme. I'm not sure if there's anything I can do to fix this.

framebuffer.jpg

The "square" of snow on the right also shows how lo-res it used to be in comparison (it will be fixed for release).

Thanks a lot for the tip, I'll definitely try this. I'm trying a lot of dynamic lighting and also to have as little post-color grading as possible. And I already use foamcore for sets. So do you want to become a professional film gaffer?
See my IMDB Page. Lighting is how I make my cheese :)

The difference in the quality of snow texture on the image on the right is remarkable, as is the clarity and quality of the mountainscape in the background. The frame buffer effect is unfortunate, and may indeed be out of your control, unless it can be controlled by a .2da tweak somewhere?

I'm glad you're taking a crack at that. If I had more time, I'd try it out, just to get some more modelling practice. But, since you're on the job, I'm sure Sion's in better hands

What are you talking about? You should know that wherever I start working on a new model, I'm always going to need someone to make a skin.... *hint hint*

As for that blue glow, I think it happens when you have an area of the texture that is too white. I remember making something super white in the xbox version and it had that same blue glow. (I mention the xbox version only because it has the pixel shading effects, my PC's graphics card won't render it).

So yeah, I don't know it darkening those really white areas will help or not, but it's worth a shot.

See my IMDB Page. Lighting is how I make my cheese :)

Woah. That's awesome.

If I become a director like I hope to I'll definitely get you a job for my films. :thmbup1:

As for that blue glow, I think it happens when you have an area of the texture that is too white. I remember making something super white in the xbox version and it had that same blue glow. (I mention the xbox version only because it has the pixel shading effects, my PC's graphics card won't render it).

So yeah, I don't know it darkening those really white areas will help or not, but it's worth a shot.

Yeah, you're right. I'll give it a try, although I don't want to ruin it by making it too dark.

About your issue with floors and walls using the same textures, i can teach you how to add more textures to an existing model. If your interested.

That would be a HUGE help!

Working on some more KotOR reskinning right now as well as the Darth Sion skin. It looks great in combat, but terrible in cutscenes. The low close-up camera angle used for Sion isn't very forgiving.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived