Home

Star Wars franchise experienced a banner year in 2008

Char Ell

How do you think the Star Wars franchise faired in 2008?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. How do you think the Star Wars franchise faired in 2008?

• Hot
    • Not
    • Meh

The "TOR instead of KotOR3" announcement was a real downer for me.

But, given the many (and I do mean many) disappointments handed to me by Lucas and his minions over the past 10 years, it was hardly surprising. :dozey:

The "TOR instead of KotOR3" announcement was a real downer for me.

But, given the many (and I do mean many) disappointments handed to me by Lucas and his minions over the past 10 years, it was hardly surprising. :dozey:

QFT, coupled with the lackluster TFU and SW CGI-anime, this year ranks -34 on the Star Wars Awesomeosity Scale.

Im glad Lucasfilm Licensing and its derivates are making cash. At least now we might get more content out of Lucasarts, and recruit Larry Holland to make that next gen XWing Alliance type flight sim many of us have been pining for :)

mtfbwya

In other words it's like someone getting a taser and zapping their kitten and telling it they love it at the same time?

"I love you kitty, I love you" *zzzzzap!* MWRARWAAAARAWWWRRRRRWWWWWARWAAARWAAAAWRRRRRAWRRRR!!!

EDIT: (made dying kitten sound longer)

In other words it's like someone getting a taser and zapping their kitten and telling it they love it at the same time?

"I love you kitty, I love you" *zzzzzap!* MWRARWAAAARAWWWRRRRRWWWWWARWAAARWAAAAWRRRRRAWRRRR!!!

EDIT: (made dying kitten sound longer)

:xp::lol:

I'm dying of laughter! I didn't expect to ready something THAT funny!

I'm actually liking The Clone Wars. The film was God-Awful, but the actual episodes are pretty good, even for a setting that's been done to death a thousand times over.

TFU was a big let-down - I actually stopped playing after a while.

I'd say that it was a fair year - but only because they keep bringing out the super awesome Legacy Comic series. Moar of this please.

I'm actually liking The Clone Wars. The film was God-Awful, but the actual episodes are pretty good, even for a setting that's been done to death a thousand times over.

TFU was a big let-down - I actually stopped playing after a while.

I'd say that it was a fair year - but only because they keep bringing out the super awesome Legacy Comic series. Moar of this please.

I agree, Clone Wars the movie was indeed god-awful, but somehow the episodes aren't that bad. Still, I wouldn't call them a George Lucas masterpiece.

I actually thought TFU was awesome. They made up for the poor story with awesome gameplay and graphics! Throwing people in the air then stabbing them with a lightsaber and electrocuting them is just AWESOME!!

Legacy is definately excellent, they HAVE to keep more coming at this rate.:D

I thought The Clone Wars was okay, but I was hard-pressed to believe that that guy was Anakin. He didn't whine enough, but that might have been because of his proximity to Asoka. Obi-wan, Yoda, Jabba, and Dooku were pretty believable as characters, though.

And I really enjoyed The Force Unleashed. It kind of mangled the Alliance origins, but the game probably made that version canon, and I liked it.

I thought that all things considered, it was better for Lucasarts to reap profits by pealing to children. Then I stepped back and realized that there had not been much of anything I liked since 2004. Now they are making huge profits out of a bunch of nothing I found appealing that were in the past successes.

I don't want Lucasarts to have stability on a foundation that taints SW. If that's what it takes, then I would rather see an end to it than a mutilated continuation that gets worse year by year.

I thought LucasArts has always been a publisher that tended to lean towards more family friendly type stuff and kept the controversial violent and sexual themes in their games to a minimum, unlike many of their competitors.

In any case, I give the Star Wars franchise a meh vote for 2008. No PC games, I don't find the Clone Wars TV series all that interesting, and I have yet to finish reading the Legacy of the Force series of novels. On the plus side I did enjoy reading Drew Karpyshyn's Darth Bane: Rule of Two so I'm looking forward to his third book as well.

Archived