Home

List of Ahto Imperial appointments: complaints

Adavardes

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll name names. Niner plots to ban people to cover his tracks, Lynk participates in immodest amounts of spamfesting, ZeroXcape retains an admin position despite never posting and visiting once a year or less, Jed simply doesn't exist anymore, Jae likes to censor an unholy amount of data, and Aristotle works in the background like a New World Order conspirator.

See? Did I earn animosity from out staff because of this? Probably. Meh. :p

Qliveur knows its a trap, and I wouldn't pubicly name names in his shoes either.

What could we possibly do to him? Do you think that if the staff members are named they'll all gang up on him? I wouldn't allow that to happen in the first place.

The problem is that people are tiptoeing around. You want action? Let's see some names so that we can have confirmation and get something done.

I'll name names. Niner plots to ban people to cover his tracks, Lynk participates in immodest amounts of spamfesting, ZeroXcape retains an admin position despite never posting and visiting once a year or less, Jed simply doesn't exist anymore, Jae likes to censor an unholy amount of data, and Aristotle works in the background like a New World Order conspirator.

See? Did I earn animosity from out staff because of this? Probably. Meh. :p

That's just a smokescreen like how the NSA let itself get caught wiretapping people to cover up the Illuminati pulling the strings.

What could we possibly do to him? Do you think that if the staff members are named they'll all gang up on him? I wouldn't allow that to happen in the first place.

The problem is that people are tiptoeing around. You want action? Let's see some names so that we can have confirmation and get something done.

Pubicly humiliate him by gaining up on him. Its also not very adult. You want to discredit him in public, so others can jump in and hammer on him. Look at the last few posts. Its already happened.

Pubicly humiliate him by gaining up on him. Its also not very adult. You want to discredit him in public, so others can jump in and hammer on him. Look at the last few posts. Its already happened.

Yup.

And thanks a lot, D3. :indif:

Do you really mean that? I have your word?

Jeez! T I apologize and deleted the post. I thought it would help relieve the atmosphere. Why do people always have to assume bad faith? Trust me, the mods are working hard on this and we do really want to make this a positive experience and not just for a few members. Lighten up (and that applies to all, even the staff)!

(btw, if you must know, I have already proposed your name before reading this thread. I am currently reviewing the swk and a few other forums I frequent in a general way too for other potential candidates...).

As I said before, I wouldn't allow any other staff members to rush in and gang up on him. This wouldn't be the first time I've disagreed and stood apart from the other staff either.

From what's being suggested, the staff can't be trusted... but then you want the staff to do something about this. At some point you guys are going to have to put the spotlight on the people who have done all these wrongs and it's going to take naming them and exactly what they've done wrong.

...otherwise, we can continue talking about conspiracies and maybe start our own X-Files while we're at it.

Why does everyone assume we are out to get them?

You ask us to do things, but then you turn around and don't trust a single one of us.

We don't plot "heh heh, who do we get to ban next"

Let me make this perfectly clear: We hate this drama, and would like nothing more than peace between the parties. Problem is, everyone seems to assume we are some highly organized big brother figure that is out to get all of you.

We have had staff leave recently due to overpressure from other staff and members because the barrier between the members and staff is being widened by both sides. They did not leave because of new staff. Not because of any 1 member.

We do this for free, and we try to stay organized on a spread out Star Wars/Lucas Arts forum.

You give us waaaay too much credit. Most of this paranoia comes from fundamental misunderstanding after misunderstanding on how the staff works.

It is a misnomer to call us a "staff" in the first place to be brutally honest. We're not organized, together, informed, etc enough to be one ruling entity.

Do you really mean that? I have your word?

Half the reason things have gotten so bad is the members are so paralyzed with unjustified fear that we get no feedback other than "you suck" anymore.

{snip}If you have a problem, give us feedback on the problem.

A lot of the reason why I notice people are angry is because they have wrapped their feedback up in an unreasonably, and downright insulting manner. How do you expect us to answer "Well, I wont talk because they are after me" with an appropriate answer?

And, while we are being honest with each other: Those of you who are just ticked off because they acted inappropriately in Kavars and got reprimanded and are now taking it out on the staff...

Get over it. Its just an internet forum.

You have my word. It wouldn't be the first time I've gone up against other staff members.

I believe you.

Jae likes to censor an unholy amount of data.

She certainly likes to censor me while she lets certain others be as offensive as they please. And they are offensive. The entire "Ahto Presidency" schtick was nothing more than a taunt aimed at me and every other member who has been visibly chafing under their obnoxious behavior. It was disguised as a "satire" for deniability purposes. I guess that they decided to regurgitate it to make their point. Again. And what's their point? That they rule this place. :dozey:

I have no proof of this and so I pretty much thought it was pointless to name names or to mention anything about it at all. But since I'm about to quit the forum (which is, of course, what they wanted in the first place), I guess I might as well be a rat, which I hate.

{snip} argh!

Excuse me?

@T_A: I've never threatened anyone, and you just called me a liar, which, in spite of all of my other rather glaring faults, I most certainly am not.

But thank you for making it clear in a very public manner that you have no business being a mod.

(1) When moderators defend their friends, how do the others confront them about the issues.

[Empl - Jae Onasi has a habit of sticking up for Emporer Devon, jmac, and EnderWiggin. People report their posts, and Jae Onasi seems to come to their rescue. She gives them a slap on the wrist, and then they are sent on their way. Example I - She closed the thread, told people she would take care of the issue, and then nothing else was said about what happened. J7 also said he would help, but there was no evidence of any infractions or bans. Why? - See reported posts.

(2) How does a moderator deal with a one-lined friend who seeks out to bait and flame people?

[exmpl - Jae Onasi defends EnderWiggin and jmac on more than one ocassion due to their one-lined posts being reported as baiting or flaming. How are they able to stick around when they keep baiting people? Jae? How many infractions do they have?]

Example II - They were trying to tag team the forumite, and no one said anything.

I used the same example twice.

(3) How does a moderator defend a friend who is insentisitve to a minor?

[exmpl - Jae Onasi defends Emporer Devon again? Solution: slap on hand, and deletion of post?] See reports for this: - Example III - Jae deletes Devon's insensitive post, but he gets away with it? Why? Jae?

(4) TK102 makes a joke during a serious discussion. He is mocking people?

7 :cool:

I love this picture and that's all I have to say at the moment.
yeh it's pretty boss

@T_A: I've never threatened anyone, and you just called me a liar, which, in spite of all of my other rather glaring faults, I most certainly am not.

I did not mean for my post to be directed at you personally.

For clarification, I am speaking of rumors being passed around saying things like "TK left because J7 was made a staff member", "the mods are working against the conservatives", and others being passed through pms, profiles, posts, etc.

I apologize as it was an inappropriate comment.

And in spite of all of my glaring faults, I am not out to get any of you and as far as I know, nobody else in the staff is either.

And by "you" I mean anybody reading the post. Not you directly Quiv. I apologize for the mix up in language.

I apologize if my directness if coming across as being incredibly rude, but in all honesty I don't want you to leave and I don't believe anyone else does. That thread was made to make a joke out of a joke contest to lighten the mood.

[exmpl - Jae Onasi came to the rescue of Emperor Devon when he harrassed a forumite, and another admin had also spoken to him. Somehow he is still sticking around?

My Visitor Messages - See all reported posts

ED has been banned. For proof, all you have to do is look at his profile. I would know as I gave him the ban personally.

Jae and J7 try their best, but it seems no matter what they do they cannot please everyone. They work a thankless job in a forum that is ripping itself apart right now.

Quite frankly, if you hate it so much the Senate is only a few clicks away. Kavars exists to be highly modded, and I understand if Senate would be a better environment.

Personally, I don't post in or read Kavars any longer.

Archived