Home

The Sith Lords Massive Improvement Mod

Drewton

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Drewton.....you've done it again....

...you've blown me away with another amazing improvement....

I LOVE the pictures of your party....they're so much more......expressive....

I also like the non-bulky stat bar.....The issue I had with the original is that I don't care what the name is, I just want to see how long it'll take till I kill them! =]

Be sure to keep me posted! =]

*waves pennant* GO DREWTON!

Thanks again everyone. :)

As for your screen problem, unless you found some files that would contradict my statement, it should work the same for all the screen sizes.

Alright, great. That definitely makes things a lot easier.

Like the rest of the mod it looks very good so far, but I'd change a couple of things.

I'd add a border around the portraits. Since there are fairly large ones on everything else, it makes them look inconsistent with the rest of the GUI.

The combat and action menus (the two on the bottom left) also feel like they should be merged, since their UI is identical. The current gap between them looks awkward and makes the GUI seem cluttered.

I'd also add a border to the mini-map and move it to the top right of the screen. Keeping the GUI as far as possible from the center of the screen helps make the game look more cinematic (though this is moot for me as I keep the mini-map turned off :p).

Apart from that, looks good! Keep it up.

The larger border around the portaits sounds good - I'll try that.

I can try that as well, but I just realized the problem with the combat choices being at the bottom of the screen at all - when you enter what combat actions you want done, there's a menu that appears at the bottom showing what you've chosen. I'm not going to be putting the combat choices back where they were before again, but it'll be hard to not make it look cluttered at the bottom.

I personally thought that the mini-map looked akward on the right, but I can post a comparison shot and change it if people like that more.

I love this, I really do. Less green for one thing, and given how annoyingly prevalent green is in TSL this is already a major improvement. That being said, I don't think this should be made too much like TFU. It should still have a KOTOR feel, just without the green. :D

Yeah, the green was a big surprise for me when I started playing. From what I'd seen before, I'd expected blue and red (as with the Nihilus and Atris posters). I have been trying to give a bit of a TFU feel to this, but to no more than the menus and HUD. I'm still trying to keep the KOTOR feel with everything else. If I have backgrounds such as the Ravager for Nihilus as zbyl2 suggested there won't even really be TFU-style menus.

I've set up a gallery for TSLMIM on my profile, and here's a hi-res shot of some changes to the Telos Polar Plateau. The skybox, 8192x2048 pixels, has been completely changed. There are a few edits to the shuttle as well, including a complete replacement for the engines, although the detail is hard to see from the distance. The skybox is still a WIP and will probably be darker.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
telospolar01.jpg

I think this mod could use a site. Perhaps you can get a space on DeadlyStream and keep your screenshots and such there.

And I have to say, this mod is going to be epic. Especially since it's likely to be compatible with TSLRP since it only edits skins and GUI and such. The two together will really revive this game.

I'm looking forward to what you'll be doing for the Malachor V skybox. (Will you be able to animate lightning AND improve the resolution?)

I don't think he can use the games textures for the skybox ?

Those are rather small to blow up to that size he's using...

You arent making these textures at more then 72 ppi are you ? Cause that would be a bit of a waste really.

Like the rest of the mod it looks very good so far, but I'd change a couple of things. . . .

I'd add a border around the portraits. Since there are fairly large ones on everything else, it makes them look inconsistent with the rest of the GUI.

Since you seem to have a "silver" theme already present (see Drewton's proposed launchers for example), why not make the borders of the minimap and the portraits also silver to have a unified theme?

All of the pictures look really great...I still am for the original Sion skin, but maybe make it more realistic...like a science experiment gone wrong.... [which I what he really is....kind of...]

I know the place sucks, but freewebs is useable....

....although I haven't been on there in ages, so who knows if its still up there...

Archived