Home

The Sith Lords Massive Improvement Mod

Drewton

Maybe you could change the buttons from the blue to silver, then show us a pic to compare to the blue one, cause its seems with the menu it's focused mainly on silver, so I figure why not more?

Err, I think you just saw the first version of the menu I posted. The v2, with silver buttons, is a few posts below that. ;)

PS-how are u so good are you a game designer or something?

Heh heh, I wish.

1) Okay, that new menus is beyond amazing. Not sure the background fits (unless you're changing the music).

2) Question: Will character reskins be optional (as in will you have them in separate folders from the overall install)?

I may be changing the music; not sure yet. If I find another track that better fits it I'll definitely use that.

I'll be using the TSL Patcher for this mod, which I have absolutely no experience with so I don't know if I'd be able to keep them as optional in the installation...but if not, I'll state which textures the character skins are in the readme so you can delete them if you like.

Another update: I've never liked the blurry grey-purple Force lightning, so I've replaced it. It now looks much sharper and almost like the Force lightning in TFU. I'm also hoping to remove the flare that's on the user's hand when it happens, but I haven't been able to find the texture.

lightning_01.jpg

lightning_02.jpg

Again, thank you all for the encouragement! :D

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure, but I think that the flare is removed by altering a .2da file. There's also a mod somewhere that removes most of the effects, but I can't remember what it is called.

Try asking around for it, maybe it can help you in removing the flare effect.

I'm not sure, but I think that the flare is removed by altering a .2da file. There's also a mod somewhere that removes most of the effects, but I can't remember what it is called.

Try asking around for it, maybe it can help you in removing the flare effect.

Just found it; it's fx_conjure.tga. After removing it from the lightning though I think it's actually better with, because the placement of the lightning to the hands is incorrect and it looks awkward.

If you wish, you have my consent to include both my Music and Ambiance Improvement Mods within this.

Either way, it looks very nice. :)

Alright, thanks a lot :) . I will indeed include them, they're excellent mods. :D

I've now done two textures for the main menu and I'm not sure which is better.

Here's Option 1, which was posted above:

tslmenu.jpg

And Option 2. The launcher uses a similar background.

tslmenu2.jpg

Or should I do something completely different?

Would be possible to include both option in mod so you can chose one of them? I personally prefer first menu, (I think it fit to TSL better) but it looks like lot of people like second one more.

Anyway - amazing work Drewton :thmbup1: looking forward to any future updates.

Would be possible to include both option in mod so you can chose one of them?

I was about to suggest the same.

How about 2 different mod links, with different launchers being the only difference.

My suggestion, some help possibly with some of them. :D

All Lightsaber and Force forms learnable. - Which I'm asking a friend to allow his which does this, into this. -

Darth Nihilus has more hitpoints, it's been done before but not with this kind of content.

Visas into a Jedi Guardian or Sith Assassin. - She'd be more logical as a supossedly assassin as one than a Jedi Sentinel. -

Atton to a Soldier and into a Jedi Guardian. - Something that's been bugging me recently, he'd be better as a Soldier given his history. -

More Jedi and Dark Jedi robes spread throughout the game.

Visas no longer wearing Clothes but Dark Jedi Knight Robes which would be more appropriate for someone of her place as Nihilus's apprentice.

I'm torn.....option one is easier toread, but the starry background just doesn't quite do it for me...

Option two is the one I'm gunning for, but the text should be darker though. =] Some of use like staring into the sun, and are going to be bling by age 35, so darker fonts are good.

But I'm sticking with option 2!!

But, incase you tweak them both then I'd like to have the option of using either one, cause my ADD gets the best of me most days....

But anyhow, you are doing an amzing job, my friend....keep it up!

Archived