Home

Spacestation mod

Canderis

Ever noticed how the galaxy map restricts how many planets you can add? If your an area modder you probably have. This mod is going to change that. It will add a new area you can go to (this will use the complicated way to add planets to the map to avoid compatibility issues). It will be a space station orbiting a planet. In the hanger bay there will be pilots who will take you to a new planet for a fee. There will be, included in the mod a way for modders can add a way to their planets. This mod is manly for Team Hssiss to add their areas and avoid compatibility issues. And now for everyone's favorite part.... Screenshots!

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
KotOR0002.jpg

Show spoiler
KotOR0001a.jpg

Show spoiler
KotOR0001a-1.jpg

Show spoiler
KotOR0000a-1.jpg

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ever noticed how the galaxy map restricts how many planets you can add? If your an area modder you probably have. This mod is going to change that. It will add a new area you can go to (this will use the complicated way to add planets to the map to avoid compatibility issues). It will be a space station orbiting a planet. In the hanger bay there will be pilots who will take you to a new planet for a fee. There will be, included in the mod a way for modders can add a way to their planets. This mod is manly for Team Hssiss to add their areas and avoid compatibility issues.

This mod will also be a platform for other mods we are planning on releasing, such as the Lost Ones by Yatsookey. We will include minor side-quests to also spice up this mod.

This mod will also be a platform for other mods we are planning on releasing, such as the Lost Ones by Yatsookey. We will include minor side-quests to also spice up this mod.

Good. Now you are not putting Lost ones on Ansion :D

The textures just look like desaturated versions of the originals... >_>

You might wanna work on that.

I think you could probably benefit from a new skybox too. Just a suggestion. :)

You obviously didn't look to hard at the screenies. The textures are completely new, i will work on em a bit, and the skybox is completely new.

You obviously didn't look to hard at the screenies. The textures are completely new, i will work on em a bit, and the skybox is completely new.

Although I don't see a resemblance to Mannan's textures (then again, I haven't played the game in ages), I do see a slight seam in the floor texture. I know its not that big of a problem, but you told us to look hard at the screens. :)

Well then, your game is really messed up. They're just desaturated manann textures, as I just cheacked both KotOR and KotOR Tool.

Well then, your game is really messed up. They're just desaturated manann textures, as I just cheacked both KotOR and KotOR Tool.

They aren't, I should know, i made em, only the FLOOR is. And also i found new textures I am going to use.

And DP, the planet is a high def thing but the skybox stretched it a bit. But the ones you found are better.

Now hang on, whats with the skybox, the stars look real blurry, didn't they?

And what planet is that?

Ooh, and do you think for the hangars you could make energy shield walls, like the ones from ROTS?

I might... The SB id blurry because it stretched more than it should. I am getting updated pics now, with PEOPLE hurray!

They aren't, I should know, i made em, only the FLOOR is. And also i found new textures I am going to use.

And DP, the planet is a high def thing but the skybox stretched it a bit. But the ones you found are better.

Still looks like Manaan to me :p

Whatever or not re used Manaan textures, I'dd introduce some color back in.

Everything being grey is going to be rather boring looking.

I'dd look into where you could add some nice accents, by giving certain textures a fresh color. You don't need to step away from grey completely :)

Plus here's a cool link to a website with links on creating cool planets, starfields, nebulas.... etc for cool space scenes. ( full of cool today :lol: )

That'll save you the trouble from scavaveging others people low JPEG work, since its on the internet.

CLICK ME

Creating planets in Photoshop/ Gimp is one of the easier things to do and its great fun !

I made this sky a week ago for a personal project, has a planet in it :p

Show spoiler

Q_AqSkyCom.jpg

Due to a minor setback, the NPCs will not be in the updated screenshots. But here are ones of the texture updated:

Show spoiler
KotOR0002-2.jpg

Show spoiler
KotOR0001-3.jpg

Show spoiler
KotOR0000-4.jpg

Oh and guys, please note that this mannan skin is only my second area skin ever.

I like the T-shaped pattern on the deck plates. Why not just create the deck plates using only that pattern instead of layering (Is that the right Photoshop terminology?) them on top of the original Manaan deck plates?

There appears to be some overlap on the texture on the bulkheads - the metal plates with the circles cut out of them. (See the edges of them on pictures 1 and 3.) I'm sure you'll get that adjusted though.

Last note: the symbol in the first picture - looks three claw marks through a cresent shape seems a bit off center. That might be intentional though as I haven't seen the symbol before.

Archived