Home

Spacestation mod

Canderis

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update:

Well I need to spend another few grueling hours getting COs because the ones I got yesterday didn't work for some reason. I have updated the textures again:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
KotOR0002a.jpg

Show spoiler
KotOR0000c.jpg

Show spoiler
KotOR0001a-2.jpg

Enjoy~

@taak: we are doing our best and expect to have some mods released soon

@canderis: i meant for those textures to be used for TLO's temple area but they seem to fit perfectly for the space station as well

and to all thanks for continuing to follow team hssiss's process it has been difficult considering how many mods we have been trying to work on at the same time and we are definatly hitting some roadblocks but you should expect many things from us to be released within the coming months

Random thought, but rather than have a planet in the sky, how about something like a series of black holes or worm-holes instead? Physics aside (as to why the station is not sucked in by gravity, but that can easily be explained in-game) it would kind of enhance the idea that the space station can get you to faraway places.

@ xrefusex and DarthParametric: Thanks for the suggestions. Not that the skybox will be changed. We're not quite sure how yet but it will be changed.

@ TriggerGod: Correct. We're working on the backstory for this Station. I'm trying to also create some side-quests, and one of them may involve some gangs (like the Black Vulkars and Hidden Beks, but way more bad***.

@ Taak Farst: Thank you. We're rapidly gaining knowledge and experience.

@ Canderis: As always, mate, nice job!

That looks pretty good, nice idea!! I don't know how it works, but one thing I liked very much of the game was the Star Map. Is there any chance to create (maybe a bigger one) Star Map or a holographic Map with the location of the different worlds for you to select, then it opens the routine for landing to the selected world? Maybe it's a madness what I am saying.... Anyway, if there is going to be a control room, a holographic Map would be a nice detail.

That looks pretty good, nice idea!! I don't know how it works, but one thing I liked very much of the game was the Star Map. Is there any chance to create (maybe a bigger one) Star Map or a holographic Map with the location of the different worlds for you to select, then it opens the routine for landing to the selected world? Maybe it's a madness what I am saying.... Anyway, if there is going to be a control room, a holographic Map would be a nice detail.

You get to the different worlds from pilots but I will add a map in the control room

making textures look good takes time it looking real nice keep at it

Thanks!

Except you can't actually see a black hole. Something like a nebula would be a better bet.

Well, strictly speaking no, you can't see the black holes themselves, but you can see how they effect matter around them, like stars, planets etc being sucked in and swirling around the holes. ;)

Well, strictly speaking no, you can't see the black holes themselves, but you can see how they effect matter around them, like stars, planets etc being sucked in and swirling around the holes. ;)

Yeah maybe it could be a station monitoring it like in an episode of Doctor Who:

Show spoiler
drwhoblackhole.jpg

You know, theres a few things now I need to ask.

What's the story of this place?

Is it a near abandoned haunted ship kinda thing? Cause if so then the appearance is grand

If it's not, well then the appearance should be brighter, and the walls should be cleaner, and the floor should be a differeint color... Come to think of it, the floor could use a new color either way.

And is that the only area?

Cause if not, I'd like to know what your planning for the courtyards.

it is a 3 area mod. no it is not abandoned, far from it. It is owned by the exchange and they forgot about it and let it decay. There is no main story, a few side quests though. Its mainly to get to new planets and remove a main compatibility issue.

hey,

For the space stations story:

It is located on a cross road of many new hyperspace routes. The planet's system is under a hostile ruler, like a warlord,dictator. The station is mad from scaps of old warships and old space scraps. The planets ruler does not like the Republic so when the Jedi civil warr happen they took the opertunity to kick out off worlders. The space station is built and allowed to stay in the system if the statipn gives kickbacks to the planets ruler. The station was built by a company and in connection with planets ruler.

Logan

Regarding the Station Story:

Canderis and I have discussed this. The station is called Halos Station, and is controlled by the Exchange. However, the Exchange doesn't enforce their rules there, so pretty much anything goes on as long as you don't bug the local Crime Lord.

More info to come.

EDIT: Okay we have a background story for this station.

The planet you see in the screenshots is Halos. It was one ye normal inhabited planet until the inhabitants went to war and created a plague. The plague was so effective that it killed everyone there and is incurable. The only survivors were the inhabitants of the station, who eventually migrated to other worlds. Eventually the Exchange took over the station, but fail to enforce their rules effectively.

In a side quest you will have the ability to influence control of the station to a point where you can hand it to just about anyone you want to (the Republic, Sith Empire, Hutts, Czerka, even Mandalorians).

The function of this mod (overcoming the shortfalls of the galaxy map) is exciting, the story sounds good, as well as believable, and the textures have come a long way in a short time. Keep up the good work. Feel free to use my Exchange & Czerka combat suits (and others) to help populate the station. Maybe they could be having some kind of power struggle for control of the station when your PC first arrives? Kind of like the Republic & Sith on Manaan.

Archived