Home

Is a MI2:SE possible at all?

Laserschwert

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I once worked on a Leisure suit Larry remake that never got finished.

I would love to work on a MI2 game if I actually thought it would get done. I actually painted my AV... here is the full size of that (some of you may have seen it already if you post at other MI fansites)

http://fc09.deviantart.com/fs48/f/2009/164/a/5/Pirate_LeChuck_by_Irishmile.jpg

Here is some stuff from LSL I did (Small because its off topic)

Fawn_by_Irishmile.jpg

image5.png

leftys_bar_by_Irishmile.jpg

l1vbar.gif

Wow guys! Great work on the high res images.

I'm having some second thoughts on some things though.

The artwork on MI2 doesn't have that much detail to begin with.

If you look at the big version of Wally's room, you can really see that it has been made with a couple of markers and in a really basic way.

The pixels do it so much more justice, because they add some kind of detail.

I agree that the artwork on MI2:SE should be based heavily on the original artwork.

But I do think that, to work, it should be redrawn to have some more detail.

But they'd better do a darn good job on it, because if it loses any of the atmosphere I'm gonna be pretty mad.

Wow, irishsmile... some nice stuff!

I'm re-painting the swamp in photoshop at the minute (in a kind of different style from the original). I'm doing a couple of other projects and sadly this wont take priority, and I wont have much time to work on it over the next couple of days, but when I get it finished I'll post it here :p

Here's the scene I'm doing: http://ui31.gamespot.com/318/full20040105091233_2.gif

I just played a little bit of MI2 and there are some things in there that seem impossible to do in a SE.

1. There is a song that the two pirates sing at Scabb Island beach that goes "100 bottles of beer" and he continues to sing until the last bottle. You can even give him a number like 7400! and he starts singing from there. Seems impossible to do in speech, maybe with spelling the numbers as single digits, but otherwise wouldn't work.

2. library on Phatt Island. Endless number of titles. I wonder if the voice over guy would do them all?

I just played a little bit of MI2 and there are some things in there that seem impossible to do in a SE.

1. There is a song that the two pirates sing at Scabb Island beach that goes "100 bottles of beer" and he continues to sing until the last bottle. You can even give him a number like 7400! and he starts singing from there. Seems impossible to do in speech, maybe with spelling the numbers as single digits, but otherwise wouldn't work.

2. library on Phatt Island. Endless number of titles. I wonder if the voice over guy would do them all?

1. I' sure a creative solution could overcome this. Like when they have a computer phone say a long number, for instance he only needs to record "seven thousand", once for all the seven thousands and then he records "nine hundred" once and that can be used with all the 6,5,4,3,2 an 1 thousands for instance. Not as many lines need to be recorded as you think.

2. Who Dominic? Your damn right he'd do them all, he's such a hard core Monkey Island fan, he was considering doing full voice overs for the FAN remake of Monkey 1!

I came across a complete list of the library somewhere on a site, I forgot where. If I find it again I'll link it. It wasn't THAT many btw, but it seemed to much more because of the whole routine of searching for a book, then asking for it only to find out you didn't need that perticular book.

Yeah a robo-call variant of that song could work, and the library doesn't seem to be so much work after all.

Well at best, this thread will become a must-read for the Lucasians to read before embarking on a MI2. Give us a couple of pages more and we solve all eventual problems...

If they did a robot voice kind of thing for the counting song, I think that it'd be best if they did it in a comedic way (i.e. making it very obvious - like twoTHOUSANDandfiftyFOUR). Otherwise it'd just seem poor quality.

Well that could be funny. But technology has come a long way since the old robo calls, they can do it pretty seamlessly now, especially ina song format where it is always sang the same way for each section.

Archived