Home

J7's random tinkerings thread... (56k beware!)

jonathan7

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guys so sorry for lack of updates.... Been mega busy between various countries, hoping to finally get this finished in my upcoming time off!

Time off is always such a precious commodity these days, isn't it j7?

Is there anything you're waiting for from me? It's been so long, I've forgotten if I still need to work on anything for Juhani. I'm sure that I sent Quanon some tweaks to her fishnets.

• 3 months later...
Time off is always such a precious commodity these days, isn't it j7?

Is there anything you're waiting for from me? It's been so long, I've forgotten if I still need to work on anything for Juhani. I'm sure that I sent Quanon some tweaks to her fishnets.

Yeah time off is so hard to get... I had what was supposed to be time of in the UK... Didn't quite work out like that. Also time I have had for modding has actually been spent trying to get RoR demo up on KotOR Files, which is a mess two servers aren't working currently... Messaged admins about it. Think I'm gonna spend Sat modding, so will hopefully get Juhani finally sorted, still need some skins from Q I think, but will hook up with him on Skype soon hopefully.

In the mean time small little update;

picture.php?albumid=710&pictureid=8502

Think I'm going to do a Maul Robe with that hood... Not sure how well the hoods work with that collar. What do people think of Bastilla's robe? Especially the back? I've had hell trying to get that collar to line up...

So, been working on Yathura again, DI had made the point to me that most of the Twileks are scantily clad in KotOR and didn't seem fitting with Yathura's character...

picture.php?albumid=710&pictureid=8512

Three options, original skin, middle one is based of DJ's robe mod and the last one is based off Juhani's clothing model, which is the one I think I'm favouring. Two more shots of that skin;

picture.php?albumid=710&pictureid=8513

(Tidying up the arms as we speak).

Yeah, you did send me your files. I've adjusted a few faults in my own skin. IIRC I finished all variants. Not 100%, haven't touched those files in ages.

So, been working on Yathura again, DI had made the point to me that most of the Twileks are scantily clad in KotOR and didn't seem fitting with Yathura's character...

IMO, the purple is a bit to obvious. I'dd tone it down, so it's more like grey with a hint of purple highlights or shadows in it. To put it crude she sort of looks like a purple smurf to me, purple skin, purple tentacles, tatooes, clothes... :lol:

Just my honest 2cents, other then that awesome work J7. It's always great to see your thread pop up with updates ;)

Great stuff in this whole thread! :)

Here's my 2 cents about the additions on this page;

That sith quarren is uber and so is the darth bandon, but (and i'm sure you already know) the bandon one needs some shadows on some parts of the armor (looks a little flat, atm).

Those new robe model look real nice, the waist-hip ratio however on the female one seems too pronounced and a bit weird though. Also, i'm guessing the clearer brown patch on the upper back is a hood? it needs to stand out a bit more or something.

A question, the hood on the black male robe will be major clipping free while in motion? (i've tried a couple of hooded robe mods and helmets, and while they look nice standing still they clip horribly while in motion). But, regardless of the answer, not all of them will be hooded right? (hoods may look nice for a moment but in the long run i prefer my characters head to be fully visible, but that's just me of course :)).

About the Yuthura, there's indeed a bit too much purple on the whole thing, but i agree that the one based on Juhani's clothes is best and a nice choice.

Anyway, keep up the awesomeness coming! :thmbup1:

Yeah, you did send me your files. I've adjusted a few faults in my own skin. IIRC I finished all variants. Not 100%, haven't touched those files in ages.

IMO, the purple is a bit to obvious. I'dd tone it down, so it's more like grey with a hint of purple highlights or shadows in it. To put it crude she sort of looks like a purple smurf to me, purple skin, purple tentacles, tatooes, clothes... :lol:

Just my honest 2cents, other then that awesome work J7. It's always great to see your thread pop up with updates ;)

Thanks Q, will fix the purple, and go for a black cat suit look...

Great stuff in this whole thread! :)

Here's my 2 cents about the additions on this page;

That sith quarren is uber and so is the darth bandon, but (and i'm sure you already know) the bandon one needs some shadows on some parts of the armor (looks a little flat, atm).

Those new robe model look real nice, the waist-hip ratio however on the female one seems too pronounced and a bit weird though. Also, i'm guessing the clearer brown patch on the upper back is a hood? it needs to stand out a bit more or something.

Thanks for the input Capibara :) While I agree with your observations and I will as with all the constructive criticism I hear will do my best to correct them. Unfortunately some of the issues are to do with the models being very flat, or awkward to work with from a skinning point of view, though Dak and others have done great work in creating the female robe from the female sand person.

A question, the hood on the black male robe will be major clipping free while in motion? (i've tried a couple of hooded robe mods and helmets, and while they look nice standing still they clip horribly while in motion). But, regardless of the answer, not all of them will be hooded right? (hoods may look nice for a moment but in the long run i prefer my characters head to be fully visible, but that's just me of course :)).

The hoods are optional, so that's not an all in one robe, the hood is head gear, generally come with a token bonus of +1 stealth or +1 charisma.

About the Yuthura, there's indeed a bit too much purple on the whole thing, but i agree that the one based on Juhani's clothes is best and a nice choice.

Anyway, keep up the awesomeness coming! :thmbup1:

Also continuing working on a disguise for Bastila while on Taris really... Has been an epic struggle trying to get the face to look like Bastila, slowly getting there I think...

picture.php?albumid=710&pictureid=8514

Everything looks awesome as usual J7.

The hoods are optional, so that's not an all in one robe, the hood is head gear, generally come with a token bonus of +1 stealth or +1 charisma.

picture.php?albumid=710&pictureid=8514

You just answered the questions I was going to post XD. It is nice that the hoods give a bonus, in addition to looking awesome.

Would there be any possibility of you making a revan mask and hood combo? (I think that would look awesome.) Or even some type of hood + other mask(s) combo(s) that give additional bonuses?

Would there be any possibility of you making a revan mask and hood combo? (I think that would look awesome.) Or even some type of hood + other mask(s) combo(s) that give additional bonuses?

Do you mean as in the way T7 did Revans mask? I hadn't thought about it, but it's certainly a possibility. Revans Robes Revisioned (see sig) will already be included. The hoods are Kha's, who's kindly given permission for them to be used. Of which I'm using two varieties, the open hood as soon in picture and the one with a mask, which is very similar to the male dark jedi variety.

With regards Bastila two updates, think I've got it as close as I can, the face model isn't quite the same, but hopefully you won't notice in game and being unable to compare the two...

picture.php?albumid=710&pictureid=8516

And...

picture.php?albumid=710&pictureid=8515

Thanks Q, will fix the purple, and go for a black cat suit look...

Q beats me to it - I was going to suggest grey to replace the purple.

Also continuing working on a disguise for Bastila while on Taris really... Has been an epic struggle trying to get the face to look like Bastila, slowly getting there I think...

I think that might help out would be to replicate that one errant strand of hair so you can see it on both models.

Do you mean as in the way T7 did Revans mask? I hadn't thought about it, but it's certainly a possibility.

Yes like what T7 did. When I saw the robe I thought of the dark jedi in TOR's Deceived trailer (in addition to darth maul).

Revans Robes Revisioned (see sig) will already be included.

That is good :D.

The hoods are Kha's, who's kindly given permission for them to be used. Of which I'm using two varieties, the open hood as soon in picture and the one with a mask, which is very similar to the male dark jedi variety.

I was going to say I thought they seemed familiar. Don't remember if you said it earlier...and, at the moment, I'm to lazy to search XD.

By the way I like the Yathura robe :)

So glad you're back j7! The robes are coming along as are the disguises, yay :emodanc:

Bastila's eyes are spot on and I KNOW how hard that dark jedi model is to work with. The face is so damn small. Yuthura's new clothing looks very nice too.

Let me know if you need anything else from me dude. I could do the Revan hood/mask combo if you wanted to look into that. Also have you looked into the realm of basic clothing? I have a couple ideas :D

Keep it up buddy!

Archived