Home

J7's random tinkerings thread... (56k beware!)

jonathan7

It's very pretty, and yet the rusty metal spikes make it dangerous too.

Rust? Was supposed to be redisch marble :lol:

Anyway, I wasn't fully content with the red thing.

I changed it to a more black-greyish marble; it's a nice contrast with the gold.

Though it's less with the other steel bits. Still it's closer to what I want.

Have another peek:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)

juhanisabdsrend0085.jpg

juhanisabdsrend004.jpg

juhanisabdsrend003.jpg

juhanisabdsrend002.jpg

juhanisabdsrend001.jpg

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rust? Was supposed to be redisch marble :lol:

Anyway, I wasn't fully content with the red thing.

I changed it to a more black-greyish marble; it's a nice contrast with the gold.

Though it's less with the other steel bits. Still it's closer to what I want.

*faints from overexposure to awesomeness*

Seriously though... That is awesome!

Well the hilt is in the game; I keep on pawning the same 2 thugs, each time I test a hilt :lol:

Here's how it looks:

Show spoiler
kotordsq.jpg

And here's another 3DSMax render, I've added a few extra details to the hilt texture, though, you'll never see it really in the game >_<

Added some Sith glyphs and other bits and bobs...

Show spoiler
juhanisabdsrend01a.jpg

But hell, it's there :p

Thanks to Canderis who has been fiddling with Prime and Xavier's model, I'm pleased to present the following;

picture.php?albumid=435&pictureid=7356

Still a little touching upto do, and as ever thoughts suggestions welcome...

I've also been continuing to play with the Sith Apprentice armour, current variation can be seen here...

picture.php?albumid=435&pictureid=7357

I've also been playing with a model Dak sent me and requested I provide a Dark Side skin for, I've used Malagus as a background and you can see the current state of affairs here... (Still alot of work to do... legs and neck need work)

picture.php?albumid=435&pictureid=7354

Finally, I've been playing with the PC's clothes, my thinking was if your travelling around the outer rim on your own a bit of kit maybe useful...

picture.php?albumid=435&pictureid=7355

As for Dorak's robe, I think that the lines could use some more definition or contrast or something. They look fine, just a bit messy, especially the pattern around the wrist. That's quite a complicated pattern you've got going there though so it might be hard.

I love the Sith armor, it just looks a little low-res in some spots. I'm sure you'll fix that though :D

I couldn't have asked for anything cooler for that model I made! I can't wait to see it finished!

Loving the PC Clothes as well, I always thought my Exile looked like a homeless person. Keep up the great work, I'll get to the stuff you want me to try out ASAP :)

Well THAT looks perfect in-game. Not so bright and shiny as in these fancy renders :xp:

Um, Quanon? Is it possible for a game object to be that awesome? I'm worried about space-time being destroyed by the sheer glory that is your saber. :D

And actually on a more serious note, are the high quality models and skins causing any noticeable drop in your FPS?

Thanks for the compliments dear sirs :)

I haven't noticed any drop in FPS; though I've only walked around on Taris.

Though if only Juhani or another partymember uses the hilt I don't think the game is going to fall still to a crawl.

And I think most people nowadays have a PC above what Kotor needs anyway. :p

I've also been playing with a model Dak sent me and requested I provide a Dark Side skin for, I've used Malagus as a background and you can see the current state of affairs here... (Still alot of work to do... legs and neck need work)

picture.php?albumid=435&pictureid=7354

Cool! I've been thinking about trying to do him, but there really isn't a model that is too close. I was thinking of using one of the dark jedi assassin ones, but it is still a reach.

Alright, I've finally got some time to comment.

The Prime/Xavier model ala Canderis is looking good. The textures are still a bit stretched at the bottom of the tabbard, and the uvw map of the fingers need some work, but otherwise it is improved.

The Sith apprentice armour is better. I like the logo on the shoulder plate; it's a bit stretched, but is more natural than the cyan on the chest plate. Speaking of the chest plate, the dark grey lines still look flat. I think that if you added a touch of highlight along the rim, it would help. For an example of how they should look, I think that the light grey plate coming under the arm pit, from the back around to the front has some good highlighted edges (where they meet the darker grey "W" shape on the abs).

Another thing about that armour, is that you've added texture to the cloth, but completely wiped out the "folds" of the cloth. Now it looks like a mesh screen hanging from his belt, rather than draped cloth. That's one of the problems of adding burlap or canvas style textures: they don't work well on lower res models like Kotor. At the very least, they look like rough, gritty cloth, rather than smoother cottons or silks.

That model for Malgus is ok. Shouldn't you use a bald head that is full dark side, wearing a breath mask? :D

The camo soldier outfit looks great. And as a bonus, it'll work for both K1 & TSL. This is a case where the rough fabric looks appropriate. The only suggestion I can make, is that the brown shoulder straps and brown pouches on the straps should be closer in colour (I'd use the Photoshop "Match Color" tool).

Keep it up, you're certainly getting more done these days than I am :xp:

• 2 months later...

So I've finally had a little time to myself so have been slowly working with Force Fashion K1 stuff, so here is a little update... Which is also a little Dark :p

Please not as I have used LF photo album you will need to be signed into to view the screenshots!

This is what my Revan wears around the game (never made much sense that no-one would know who Revan was so wearing a disguise made sense, at least to me...)

picture.php?albumid=435&pictureid=7654

This however got me thinking, given that all the Sith on Taris are looking for Bastila a disguise for her would make even more sense. This is very much a WIP, getting the face looking like Bastila is proving most difficult.

picture.php?albumid=435&pictureid=7649

The other added problem with the above Dark Jedi model for a female PC is making all the varients, which the manner of making the disguise would prove rather cumbersome. So I'm currently playing with the female Sand Person model, I'm thinking of having you fight a "Sith Stalker" on the Endar Spire and then getting their armour (if your Revan is a female). Here is where I am upto with that;

picture.php?albumid=435&pictureid=7652

I'm hoping Dak may have the time to swap the animations of the female sand person out for something else so this would look better when stationary.

Speaking of Sithy things, I've finally finished with the default DarkJedi models and here is how they are looking;

picture.php?albumid=435&pictureid=7653

Of course I'm also continuing work with the Sand Person Jedi Robe, which I'm saving a few screenies for until I'm happy with the Skins I'm doing. In the meantime here is a brief screenie of something interesting. I'd need Kha's permission for the hoods to be included...

picture.php?albumid=435&pictureid=7651

Finally Canderis had asked that FFK1 would have some armours in it to, the first installment for this is an armour for Canderous which is still very much WIP...

picture.php?albumid=435&pictureid=7650

Let me know thoughts/suggestions/improvements/criticisms...

That's... a lot of stuff. Very cool I might add. I always hated it when the Sith NEVER recognized Bastila, even though they were specifically told to look for her. Maybe you could include a script which make all the Sith on Taris attack you if Bastila isn't wearing a disguise.

Umm, something must be wrong as i can't see most of those screenies. :(

Hmmm, must be a problem your end as they are working (right now) for both me and Astor. Have you tried refreshing the page? You can find the photos in my WIP album here; http://www.lucasforums.com/album.php?albumid=435 If you can't see them in there the error will be at your end. Hope that helps!

Screenies are working fine over on this end!

Nice work on the various fashions we see here today. Tim Gunn would be well pleased.

I like the idea of the ninja-masked Revan/Bastila. It is so stupid on Taris, running around in broad daylight with Bastila at your side, the most looked for woman on Taris, and she is out there playing dirty Jedi tricks on Mission in front of EVERYBODY?!?!

I'm really liking the Sith Stalker outfit. I hope it'll be available in TSL. ::keeping fingers crossed::

Possibly, depends on if the female sand person is left over in TSL assets.

The Sith robe with the purple face just looks ridiculous to me...

The face is more an experiment, from suggestions/requests I've had, it's liable to be a Chiss...

In other news, I've doubled the size of the Iridonian armour texture, and will make it an item available to the player, theres still work to do on here, I've just improved the original texture this far...

picture.php?albumid=435&pictureid=7659

Have finished Bandon's armour (thats not his face, every time I used a Bandon disguise my KotOR game crashed for some reason)

picture.php?albumid=435&pictureid=7658

And finally I will make the Republic Special Forces skin available to the PC as a wearable armour;

picture.php?albumid=435&pictureid=5631

Archived