Home

J7's random tinkerings thread... (56k beware!)

jonathan7

@Q - I really like the details around the eye "cameras"... is that echoed a little on the back of the mask as well? It looks to be from the first image at top, but the angle prevents seeing what is happening back there. My thought on the mask "eyeholes" is that the exposed mask surfaces that are revealed by the cut-out could use a different color, while still keeping the shadows you have. Just :twocents: for ya... looks awesome!

Oh, the eye lenses aren't textured yet, you see the green and white lines from the UVWmap :)

It's really a very early shot; but expect more going on at the front around the eyes soon, texture-wise. There is some extra detail at the back though, it's not flat. There's some techy stuff poking out with some small "tubes". Guess it might be a part of a breathing aparatus, build into the mask.

EDIT: Here's a new shot, worked more on the front of the mask and just for fun a shot from the back of the helmet:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)

j7mask1bb.jpg

j7mask1cc.jpg

EDIT2: After further "wast'n" time on this mask I had a go at a test run in the game. It looks pretty; but there are some faults in the model I need to get out.

Texture gets very wonky stretched in certain spots. But nothing that I haven't solved before.

Show spoiler

j7mask1a.jpg

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just dropping in to show a small preview of the second mask I'm making for J7. This time I took a stroll through the Harbinger in TSL, taking some screenshots of those pesky cloacked assasins.

I've taken over the main look of the head gear worn by those Sith goons, but it ain't a 100% duplicate, wasn't my aim really. Consider this a sort of 1.0 version of the mask. And those seen in TSL as the 2.0 ;)

j7mask2cc.jpg

j7mask2dd.jpg

EDIT: Spend some more time on the mask this afternoon, it sort of textured itself and I got it in the game quiet easely.

Here's a look at the result:

kotj7maskb.jpg

EDIT: Figured it can't hurt to add some renders of the mask, in game shots are a bit dark.

j7mask2ff.jpg

j7mask2gg.jpg

j7mask2mm.jpg

I dig the carbon fiber textured look :D It's tricky getting those seams to meet up

EDIT: Figured it can't hurt to add some renders of the mask, in game shots are a bit dark.

Show spoiler
j7mask2ff.jpg

j7mask2gg.jpg

j7mask2mm.jpg

I certainly like the shape of this ^ helmet more than the one with the double eye lenses. It's more human 'head' shaped, especially around the temples and bridge of the nose.

Show spoiler

j7mask1bb.jpg

j7mask1cc.jpg

I dig the carbon fiber textured look :D It's tricky getting those seams to meet up

No idea if it's carbon fibre :lol:

I just found it on a site under carpets or something, but I loved how it looked :)

I certainly like the shape of this ^ helmet more than the one with the double eye lenses. It's more human 'head' shaped, especially around the temples and bridge of the nose.

The first mask is well more a helmet then a mask. I wanted to be shaped more like a sort of knight helmet thing, mixed with a Alpa Romeo car headligts ;)

2006-Alfa-Romeo-159-Sleek-and-US-Ready-J-640.jpg

So I went for a more stylished shape instead of following the shapes of a head.

The assasin mask in TSL is reall that, a mask. I noticed it was very thight to the head and the lenses wrapped around it... well sort of... :lol:

My mask is large as I need to go around the reall model heads and I wanted to avoid clipping, though female heads and the black heads will be have clipping due to their hair or more pronounced features of the face.

Unavoidable, but I tried to get it to look good. I'll now have another go at it, still have some ideas for "lenses", thinking of doing something pretty whacko this time :p

Small update...

Here is the Sith Assassin with Quanons mask... I hope he will forgive me I tweaked the lens...

picture.php?albumid=435&pictureid=7733

In other news thanks to Maruis I now have a Sith Stalker model minus the backpack and pouch; I havent adjusted the skin yet... But I will do!

picture.php?albumid=435&pictureid=7701

I think Qui-Gon Glenn, maybe soon posting a much more exciting update :D

Small update...

Here is the Sith Assassin with Quanons mask... I hope he will forgive me I tweaked the lens...

T'is forgiven my dearest friend ;)

I did a rather hasty and playfull job on the lenses... as in playing PS filter options you nutters :xp:

It looks sweet with your skins!

Oh, right here's another tidbit I'm working on, sort of Crusader Dragon Sith helm thing :lol:

j7maskcdd.jpg

j7maskcaaa.jpg

Small update...

picture.php?albumid=435&pictureid=7733

It looks very nice. However, the colors of the mask are slightly off. They don't seem to match the colors of the robe. I'd look into that.

Just my two cents,

Kyr'am Galaar

I think Qui-Gon Glenn, maybe soon posting a much more exciting update :D
I think you are right!

The script I have been working on has been to spawn that wicked Sith Stalker skin into the game with a little bit of a story element to it. It is almost near completion... just one nagging issue that I will either hammer out or work-around.

At this point, for a WIP progress report of sorts, the scripting is 90% done, the dialog is 95% done, VO work is 40% done (80% recorded, none FX'd or renamed yet) the skin now looks to be totally awesome minus the backpack :D and is 100% done, and we may or may not get some animations worked around, so that is a TBD. However, I would guess that j7 might release what we have when the other things are 100%, which should be by the middle of next week, at the latest.

@Q & SH - that new mask is cool, and definitely reminiscent of Suttler's regime....

Rather exciting update! (Well at least I think so...)

As ever I'm using the Lucas Forums album, so you will need to be signed in to see the screenshots!

Latest on the Sith Stalker....

picture.php?albumid=710&pictureid=7770

This is something I'm very excited about, new female robes! This was a combined effort of Maruis... Dak Drexl and for the skin at least myself.... This was my test skin;

picture.php?albumid=710&pictureid=7769

This is very much a WIP - as you can see there are various things I'm going to need to do to fix the robe, but a promising beginning none the less I think (also thanks to RedRob, as the base was his male Sand Person Jedi robe skin)...

picture.php?albumid=710&pictureid=7771

I am also toying with various NPC's;

Here is Uthar, I was considering the Sith Assassin clothing for him, but I think I will stick with the Dark Jedi robes;

picture.php?albumid=710&pictureid=7772

I think you are right!

The script I have been working on has been to spawn that wicked Sith Stalker skin into the game with a little bit of a story element to it. It is almost near completion... just one nagging issue that I will either hammer out or work-around.

At this point, for a WIP progress report of sorts, the scripting is 90% done, the dialog is 95% done, VO work is 40% done (80% recorded, none FX'd or renamed yet) the skin now looks to be totally awesome minus the backpack :D and is 100% done, and we may or may not get some animations worked around, so that is a TBD. However, I would guess that j7 might release what we have when the other things are 100%, which should be by the middle of next week, at the latest.

Thanks for all your hard work QGG :D I think Force Fashion K1 is more like 3 weeks away from release, we could of course release the Stalker stuff before if you wanted? I'm happy to leave that up to you :)

The new helmet looks awesome Q!!!

Sith Assassin: Love the lenses. :) Needs a higher collar to cover up that glimps of skin i can see though. And is it just me, or is there a slight difference in the color of the robe and mask?

Sith Stalker: This one is gonna be sweeet when to skin is adjusted. :)

The collar is on my to do list, tracking down where it is is proving a pain >.>

It looks very nice. However, the colors of the mask are slightly off. They don't seem to match the colors of the robe. I'd look into that.

Just my two cents,

Kyr'am Galaar

Will do!

As ever let me know thoughts, suggestions, criticisms etc :)

Archived