Home

XWA one year thread V: A Slightly Better, but Used Hope

Having a long night at work again...

MONSTROUSLY LARGE pop-jazz-rock-fusion band... followed by tiny, quiet piano trio.

They are sharing NOTHING in common... we have to move EVERYTHING to make the switch work. Piano; drumkit; bass rig all end up in new locations... and the rest (3 synth rigs, 2 electric guitar and 1 acoustic guitar setup; a whole latin percussion setup; a different bass rig; 7 background singers; 1 lead singer; wireless sax setup...) ALL on risers... ALL have to go away... in about 5 minutes

That day off is sounding more appealing all the time... or at least a very short half day.

EDIT:

Ugh... More work than should ever be done on a Thursday night.

I guess I'll come in tomorrow... the president of Yamaha Corporation is paying a visit. He wants to see our mixing consoles. He's NEVER actually seen a Yamaha mixing console.

Oh... and our piano and drums and synths are supposed to be on display too...

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30.jpg

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
9060620e-3e7d-4436-8538-b7a2b4a61bd8.jpg

:joy:

anyway, bought new glasses today. going to pick em up tomorrow.

nothing really new, cept for that and me getting a little urked at people at college

Well, Wildstar... today, in a fit of perhaps over-caffeinated fueled exuberance, I broke down and bought the F1 2010 game you mentioned a few pages back. For the PS3.

It's hard... even on the easiest settings... but I made 7th qualifying position for my first race... so that's cool.

Unfortunately, on the way out of the store, I learned that a World Rally Championship game just came out as well. http://wrcthegame.com/EN-us/

Damn! :mad:

Now I'll have to get that too!

In other news, I might be getting my cheap copy of Photoshop soon... and it looks like I'll be hanging out with another model this weekend too. She's the younger sister of the guy who was my best friend around my high school years. She moved back to the area, and looked me up and wanted to know if I wanted to meet and catch up sometime. This weekend was otherwise free.

Then her mom looked me up after that, and really began to send me a bunch of encouraging messages about my "date" with her daughter this weekend.

Hmmm...

Over a co-worker's place last night for an impromptu birthday celebration. They have the most ginormous dog ever. 130+ lbs worth of exuberant canine goofiness. They also have a 1 year old toddler. It's a winning combination.

Gotta remember to change all my clothes today: everything I wore last night is covered in fur and dog and baby slobber.

Headed out for my "date" shortly. Not getting up any hopes... I'm sure I'd be totally disappointed. I'm sure we'll just hang out and catch up. She's going to have her kids with her.

She's going to have her kids with her.

Oh god, why bother.

Last time I went out on a date and the girl brought her 2 year old daughter. Lets just say there was a lot of baby drama.

I justhope they are older and can entertain themselves without being dramatic

Well... I (and as far as I know, she...) really wasn't considering it a date. It was just her mom creating drama where nobody else was looking for it. In my mind it was a reunion.

Her kids were a bit older. I was talking Star Wars and Legos with her son. They did get fussy after about 2 hours though, and we called it a day.

Things seemed to go well. She implied that she really wanted to see me again... and she was more than willing to work around my crazy work schedule... So who knows.

She does look great...

Yeah, well, they've known each other for a year and they've been together for six months. It was long-distance, though, so throughout that time they were only able to actually see each other every few weeks. That seems like the right amount of time, though considering the infrequency of actually being together, maybe not. They have really compatible personalities, though, so I'm not too worried about that. The weirder thing is that he's only 23 and he's still working on his master's degree, probably with the PhD to follow. It's it's in theology, so...yeah, he really has no career and will not be able to support a family for a while. But she's older and a chemist, so maybe she'll do that for a while? I don't know. It just seemed to come out of nowhere. And the weird thing is that when we were hanging out, I made a joke about them getting married at some point, so...yeah, hopefully I didn't plant that suggestion or something.

You have the power to destroy lives, Keyan! :dozey: You must use it sparingly and wisely... or not...

Maybe you have been able to do the Jedi Mind Trick all along and just didn't realize.

Took a drive in the country yesterday. It was relaxing.

Tried to play vid games when I got back... that was less so. Had a frustrating gaming day... messed up everything I attempted. Had to quit before I got too angry.

Archived