Home

XWA one year thread V: A Slightly Better, but Used Hope

Reach campaign finished on Heroic.

Time to try a few of the missions on Legendary and see how lame I actually am... then try some matchmaking multi, and really get schooled.

Back to working nights for the rest of the week... so I'm unlikely to see any of you on Live until the weekend.

And spoiler alert:

Cortana!!!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reach campaign finished on Heroic.

Time to try a few of the missions on Legendary and see how lame I actually am... then try some matchmaking multi, and really get schooled.

Back to working nights for the rest of the week... so I'm unlikely to see any of you on Live until the weekend.

And spoiler alert:

Cortana!!!

More spoilers:

Apparently Master Chief is in the game after all:

but i can clearly get more out of a pc then a console.
What Zarg said. :dozey:

Plus:

If you are doing things that make building a spec-heavy PC worth the cost (Photoshop; audio/ video recording/ editing; writing software...) in addition to the games, then yes, it's no contest.

But if you are spending a bundle on a comp primarily to play games and watch movies and listen to your MP3 collection... then I don't think it's all that cut-and-dried anymore. I can do all those things and surf the net on my PS3, with a much better screen and nicer sound than any of my PC hardware.

(Both a response and a current event!!!)

What Zarg said. :dozey:

Plus:

If you are doing things that make building a spec-heavy PC worth the cost (Photoshop; audio/ video recording/ editing; writing software...) in addition to the games, then yes, it's no contest.

But if you are spending a bundle on a comp primarily to play games and watch movies and listen to your MP3 collection... then I don't think it's all that cut-and-dried anymore. I can do all those things and surf the net on my PS3, with a much better screen and nicer sound than any of my PC hardware.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
129115793545040623.jpg:joy:

yeah sure I did build my PC last Feb for about $1500 (including the OS and external); Yea I still have problems with a few things dispite being pretty much neat top end

(audio editing, playing latest games (really should have spend that extra $ for liquid cooling, its really kicking my arse on this right now))

I need to find a better audio editor then audicity and recorder for skype

between my classes and what little social life I got I cant finish the project that I really really want to do.

but of course, bad planning on my part I got a new car just over a month ago so instead of my college $$ to books it's going to my car, cus its inspection is due at the end of this month! :eek:

so, If I can get my GI Bill $$ soon (and I mean eff-in soon (which WONT HAPPEN (cus all of NYS is delayed))) I'll be driving an illegal car (inspection wise) and I will STILL won't have any books for this semester >.<

oh yeah BTW: Crackles: Don't expect a jam session anytime soon cus I *really* dont truct my breaks after fixin them T_T

(but I can play a bit of the 007 theme a bit well ^_^)

sure some purchases I shouldn't have made during this month, but still, as the old saying goes 'all work and no play makes jack a dull boy'

amirite?

I need to find a better audio editor then audicity and recorder for skype

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/products/soundforgefamily.asp

http://www.adobe.com/products/soundbooth/

I'm getting a copy of Soundbooth (as well as a copy of Photoshop) from my cousin's husband (who works at Adobe) for employee cost. About $80 for the pair.

I'll let you know what I think of it after I've played with it for a while.

I've had a lot of experience with Soundforge, and it's awesome.

I have to get new tires for my car soon. That's my next big unwanted expense.

Yeah... I'll look into it. I had F1 '98 for the Gamecube I think... it was pretty uninspiring, and I didn't play it long or often.

There are supposedly a couple of licensed F1 cars in GT5 as well... as well as NASCAR and WRC.

GT5 also has night driving... and rumors of some changing weather conditions... though I don't know the extent of that.

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

But mainly: I have a pre-order in on GT5. Since I already have money down on this game... I need to get it first (and it comes out on the 2nd...) then I can look into F1.

F1 is also coming out on PS3. I might do that... especially if I break down and get a wheel controller for the PS3.

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/products/soundforgefamily.asp

http://www.adobe.com/products/soundbooth/

I'm getting a copy of Soundbooth (as well as a copy of Photoshop) from my cousin's husband (who works at Adobe) for employee cost. About $80 for the pair.

I'll let you know what I think of it after I've played with it for a while.

I've had a lot of experience with Soundforge, and it's awesome.

I have to get new tires for my car soon. That's my next big unwanted expense.

:drop2:

i knew that some software came expensive, but look at those pro prices T_T

Which is why I'm buying what I can from my family connection!

I probably don't REALLY need either software package... but at 40 bucks for a full, legally-licensed-version of Photoshop... there's no way I'll pass that up... especially now that I have a PC that will actually run it with some ability.

The Soundforge Audio Studio package isn't that bad in price... but it will be a huge leap up from Audacity... and probably does everything you really need.

Of course there are always other options... but we won't discuss those here. :dozey:

You should be able to get them on a student pricing plan as long as you are currently enrolled somewhere. Seems to me that there might be Veteran discount plans for that sort of thing as well. My dad often buys discounted big-ticket items from the PX at his local VA

its mainly a bunch of the processing that audacity has with what I got.

Altho I am due for an appointment with my computer and Dr Air Compressor, but still it's been nearly a month since I have the file(s) and computer had a previous appointment with the good Doctor shortly before that. So I'm out of ideas.

I really cant afford that sort of thing right now T_T

a friend of mine came up with this Dementia lyrics and a comic (linky down there)

SMELLS LIKE BEAM RIFLE

by Igor Ohlman

(With some help from this guy John Kovalic)

(With deep apologies to both Nirvana and Bungie)

(REALLY deep apologies)

Load up your guns, we're having fun!

The Covenant is on the run!

My overshield I will not yield.

I know, I know I'll clear the field!

Halo, Halo, Halo Halo?

Halo, Halo, Halo Halo?

Halo, Halo, Halo Halo?

Halo, Halo, Halo!

Oh the Needler's now more dangerous

Master Chief will always save us!

I feed rockets in my launcher,

Killing Spree could not be stauncher!

It's Cortina!

New Mombasa!

Ghosts of Onyx!

Contact Harvest!

Yay! Hey! Yay!

I'll snipe you from the greatest heights,

And spike grenade your butt just right!

Our little group will take the fight

Onto the Flood. They're toast, tonight!

Halo, Halo, Halo Halo?

Halo, Halo, Halo Halo?

Halo, Halo, Halo Halo?

Halo, Halo, Halo!

It's Cortina!

New Mombasa!

Ghosts of Onyx!

Contact Harvest!

Yay! Hey! Yay!

(Solo)

I crush you skull and watch you die -

With tears of joy I start to cry!

The odds, the odds they have been switched

This Grav Axe now makes you my bitch!

Halo, Halo, Halo Halo?

Halo, Halo, Halo Halo?

Halo, Halo, Halo Halo?

Halo, Halo, Halo!

It's Cortina!

New Mombasa!

Ghosts of Onyx!

Contact Harvest!

Yay! Hey! Yay!

A Grav Hammer!

A Beam Rifle!

A Gaus Warthog!

A Frag Grenade!

Rocket Launcher!

Rocket Launcher!

Rocket Launcher!

Rocket Launcher!

Rocket Launcher!

Rocket Launcher!

Rocket Launcher!

Rocket Launcher!

Rocket Launcher!

lovely time as i go back to my car right after class

I get there and I'm like: Ok, its 95 degrees, its windy as hell, and yet there's a whole bunch of wetness below my car.

now, two days ago i went to advance auto and bought a nice big thing of radiator fluid.

i filled it up right there in the parking lot and came back home.

today it's nearly bone dry.

fml.

too much repetition! not bad though

uh... :raise: the Nirvana version has the same amount of repetition. :confused:

In other news. The company that bought out my place of work? Well they are having a company outing at the Milwaukee Zoo. Free passes, tickets, soda, parking, food, DJ.. Taking my Girl with me. Tho I could pass on the bright lime green T-shirts we are suppose to wear.:eek:

This is far more then what the original owners ever did. They were given 40# block of Cheddar cheese and they never shared a PIECE with their employee's

Got home last night a little before 1 am after the Paula Cole ordeal. Just got up to get ready for work for today's all-day jazz festival. It's just about quarter to 5.

Do the math... it's not difficult. :dozey: It's a REALLY small number...

*yawn*

:rolleyes:

The only saving grace: I'm earning an extra $800 for these 2 days of brutality.

Archived