Home

XWA one year thread V: A Slightly Better, but Used Hope

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I didn't make it anywhere near as far as I would have liked today. I called it quits in Conneticut, just shy of the NY border.

I'll have to step it up tomorrow to make up some lost time. (I goofed around in Newport for almost an hour.)

It may mean a bit more interstate driving as well... But that shouldn't bother me too much... I think I got a lot of that out of my system today anyway.

My eyes are killing me. Gonna rest up in this motel room for a while, then look for a decent restaurant around here.

Yeah... I hear that.

This is actually pretty out-of-character for me as well... But I figure: change for the better has to start with change of some sort.

Plus, I've been talking about it for so long at work that I HAD to do SOMETHING this week. I couldn't just stay at home... As comfortable and safe that might have been for me.

I bet cover is HIGH with GGW there

actually cover is only $5. unless they do what they usually do, falsely advertise the cover price. sometimes they'll say no cover and we get there when the doors open and they are like that'll be $3. so ****in lame.

yeah that is weak

alot of places add cover or up it if it starts to get full, I understand suplly/demand, but dont change what you advertise!

the weather here sucks tauntaun booty, its ~32 and has been raining on and off(mostly on, ableit it mostly drizzle) for the last 30 hours.

I'm in Delaware now.

I should be on the other side of Baltimore before I call it a day.

I'll be inside the Beltway tomorrow morning, checking out the sights.

Skipped the Jersey coast in the interest of time... Though I may go back that way if my schedule allows.

Making camp in Columbia MD tonight (and maybe for my whole stay...?)

I'll see how much of a pain-in-the-butt it is getting into the city from here.

But this place is nice, and it's right smack-dab in the middle of a GIANT shopping center... So there's like a zillion stores and restaurants around me... Unlike last night where I had to drive 20 mins just to find a 99... Which isn't that great.

My car has driven almost 600 miles since Boston... Which is like 2 months of the normal use it sees.

And I don't think it's happy about it either: all this sudden and unforseen useage must have shaken a couple of things loose... The dashboard is ablaze with warning lights!

(None of them critical so far... And it's running fine... But it does give me pause. Hopefully all this driving has just shook a couple of sensors loose... That's all...)

(But I'm going to look up the address of the nearest VW dealership just in case.)

Time to wash up a bit and think about dinner...

We'll see.

Both of these lights have come on before, but usually go away the first time I start it up again after letting it sit over night.

One says there might be something wrong with the airbag system (kinda worrying with all the miles I'm putting in...) and the other says there might be something wrong with the emissions system (but that has come up before as a result of the gas cap not being on tight enough.)

If they are both still on before I head back, I might take the time to stop and have them checked out.

Yeah, it's always gone off after a couple of days, and it always seems to happen when I don't fill it myself. And this morning was the only time on the trip I didn't do it myself.

The airbag one has shown up on really cold days, but gone away when it warms up again. Just a dicey sensor is my guess...

Sitting in the Smithsonian cafe, having a snack.

Walked all around the city today, gawking at monuments.

Just took a picture of one of the original C3PO costumes.

I'll upload it when I get a chance.

Think I'll walk down to the White House before packing it up for the day, and trying to get the heck out of the city before rush hour.

Dinner with Mr. Farlander tonight.

It's kinda weird to think about...

Archived