Home

XWA one year thread V: A Slightly Better, but Used Hope

Hate is the path to the Dark Side.

I approve! :thmbup1:

:joy:

Just need to get through the next couple of weeks without committing some sort of "-cide"...

(Homicide... suicide... genocide...)

It's gonna be tough. :dozey:

M.'s play this weekend. Run-through tonight, showings tomorrow and Saturday... then I'm out.

Saw her for a pre-production meeting yesterday. She looks terrible. Under horrible stress. Everything has been going wrong for her (people pulling out last minute, or making ridiculous demands,) and she's taking a SERIOUS bath on this. (Very few tickets sold.)

Hmmm... Maybe there's something to this whole 'Karma' thing after all... :dozey:

(Though I actually feel kinda bad that it makes me feel kinda good.)

But I felt absolutely nothing for her yesterday. It's just strictly a business relationship at this point.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i hate whatever update that went onto bad company 2.

#1 it replaced my magazines with blanks

#2 it won't let me join any matches after playing for 2 hours, keeps sending me back to the xbox dashboard. after 40 minutes of ****ing with it i gave up. apparently i'm not the only one having that problem. ****ing balancing patches....

i told ya to get the pc version...

but nooooo, someone didnt listen :joy:

took a break from running today...thought i was opening tomorrow but i'm not, doing the 12-9 crap. so i might hit the track and try to get my time down, just have to remember my feet to do what they did back in november...think it was force myself to full-out burst-run the first half of the track then run at a "normal" pace the rest then just keep repeating that for all 8 laps. hopefully my feet are up for that tomorrow!!!

I am eating pizza for breakfast. I consider this symbolic of my rebellion against the natural order of things.

"So, world, you think I'm eating Captain Crunch for breakfast, huh? Not today, sucker! I'm eating this pizza and sticking to the man...which is to say you."

Now I merely await the retribution of the world for this hubris, which will no doubt be swift and painful.

Eh... could also be slowly dragged-out and torturous.

:D

One day of this play behind me... 2 more to go.

It's a very good thing that, in general, I really like all the people who are performing in it... or this WOULD be truly torturous indeed.

It has moments... but overall: it's not great. Or at least (putting it kindly) not really my thing.

It's several short plays... many written by unpublished local playwrights, most with some social message behind it, and acted out by mostly unprofessional community theater actors. 'Nuff said...

As long as your expectations aren't too high going in, it could be a diverting evening out for someone adventurous... but not enough to sustain 2 nights filling a 500-seat auditorium,.. and certainly not at the prices she was asking.

And I typically hate doing theater productions. Following along with a script to hit light and sound cues... Ugh.

I'd much rather work a rock or jazz band show.

My work is going ok today. Only bad thing is the VP of fabrication is on a tour in the building and my machine keeps craping out and dieing. So I have to keep getting up and finding something to clean or sweep till it's back up and running in case they walk by.

But it's Friday peeps. :thmbup1:

Gunner, my cousin is a project manager for the 787 and she is currently on a business trip for Boeing to Charleston. Going to be stopping by to visit here on her way back. ;)

Feel your pain. When i first worked at my current job one of the owners would come by on their tour and always find i was doing something wrong. Got to the point any time they started walking in the dock I would grab a broom and start sweeping the dock.

I just returned from The Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington D.C. Today the first Traditional Latin Mass in over forty years was said there, to commemorate the 5th anniversary of the pontificate of Pope Benedict XVI. It was a Pontifical Solemn Mass, said by Edward Slattery, bishop of Tulsa. It included much wonderful music, including Gregorian Chant for the propers, Palestrina's Missa Tu es Petrus for the ordinary, and much wonderful organ music, including the A minor Prelude and Fugue by Bach.

Absolutely stunning.

Today the first Traditional Latin Mass in over forty years was said there, to commemorate the 5th anniversary of the pontificate of Pope Benedict XVI.

The main reason Latin mass hasn't been done in 40 years is because Pope Benedict 16 a few years ago issued a motu proprio lifting restrictions on when it could be used. (now doesn't require getting a Bishops permission) The whole reason Latin mass wasn't used was to make it more welcoming to the members. Now he is systematically pushing back years of reform, and furthering the divide between traditionalists and more contemporary members.

Besides.. what is the point of doing it in latin when most people don't even know what he is saying? THe Priest doesn't face the congregation. (kind of disrispectful) One of the liturgical aspects in the latin mass includes a a Good Friday prayer for the conversion of Jews.

The main reason Latin mass hasn't been done in 40 years is because Pope Benedict 16 a few years ago issued a motu proprio lifting restrictions on when it could be used. (now doesn't require getting a Bishops permission)

The Traditional Latin Mass has been said during the last forty years, just not at the National Shrine.

The whole reason Latin mass wasn't used was to make it more welcoming to the members.

Not really. The reasons are vast and confusing, stretching back more than a hundred years. It has to do more with liberal theologians attempting to implement an agenda.

Now he is systematically pushing back years of reform, and furthering the divide between traditionalists and more contemporary members.

On the contrary, he is healing what was a very sharp division, and acquainting people with an aspect of their heritage that they previously knew nothing about, sadly.

Besides.. what is the point of doing it in latin when most people don't even know what he is saying?

Everyone knows what he is saying. All the text is printed, side-by-side with vernacular translations. The point is that the Latin text does not change and is said and understood the same way all over the world, whereas living languages are susceptible to changes in meaning.

THe Priest doesn't face the congregation. (kind of disrispectful)

Would it not be more disrespectful to turn his back to God? This posture is far more appropriate, because the priest and the people face the same direction, liturgical east, facing God together. When the priest is praying to God on behalf of the people, he faces the same direction as the people. When he is speaking to the people on behalf of God, for instance, when wishing peace upon them, he turns to face them.

And anyway, I think you are a little confused. Saying Mass in Latin, and the priest facing the same direction as the people are STILL the ordinary way Mass is said even in the "New Mass" in force since 1970. Mass is only said in the vernacular and with the priest facing the people by special dispensation, which unfortunately has become more common than the actual norm. But in any case, neither of these things is an actual difference between the traditional Mass and the new Mass.

One of the liturgical aspects in the latin mass includes a a Good Friday prayer for the conversion of Jews.

I'm not sure what relevance this has...?

Archived