Home

Monkey Island 2 Remake

SyntheticGerbil

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, uhh, what's with Chuckie's nose at the end? Is it a hole? Kinda looks like it.

Now that you mention it (disregarding SMI:SE, Escape and Tales) did LeChuck ever have a nose? Maybe his nose in SMI was red because it was fake? Would explain why it disappears when his head shoots up to the sky!

As tipped off by Kroms earlier, new background is posted:

26979_375227158363_78883723363_3880394_3935528_n.jpg

Besides ugly Mr. Guybrush and that the carpenter seems to be floating a bit, everything is looking great! Looking very similar to the original. They even kept that weird girl on the calender instead of doing something like turning it into a very sexy pirate pin-up.

Not that I'd be against that...

It looks really nice. Ironically enough though, the closer they get to matching the originals the more picky I find myself being tempted to become! :D

I'm guessing there was a fairly stern 'minimal creative liberty' type order from above this time around.

It looks really nice. Ironically enough though, the closer they get to matching the originals the more picky I find myself being tempted to become! :D

Heh that's exactly how I feel. But it's all much better so far.

Wow, that screenshot looks really good (apart from the characters). Nice!!!

Oh come on, the carpenter is fantastic. I'd like a bit more color - the SE edition is grimming everything - but overall he looks great. I think you imagine them being some form of realistic...

They did the same with the moon on the docks of Mêlée in the MI1:SE... too big!

It's just a design decision that has little bearing on the game itself. It's okay to indulge in something like that. I don't see you complaining that the clouds have become curly!

Really I think sky type things tend to be nitpicking. People love huge dominant moons. I mean look at the grass they drew this time around. You guys remember last time how they copied and pasted the same group of 6 blades over and over for all of the forest scenes?

I'm curious to see if Bart and Fink look okay close up though.

The shading indicates the moon should be on the left of the screen, not behind the weenie hut.

Umm keep in mind that the moon is really far away...

Also keep in mind that lighting does not have to make sense, it just has to be aesthetically pleasing... look at lighting on faces in films.

If you're gona complain about shading then why aren't you complaining about Guybrush's golden glow o_O

And why is everyone complaining about the moon anyway... that's just ridiculous!

TOO MUCH COMPLAINING! XD

Should be more appraisal for things such as the weenie hut finally having a human sized door and the sign being readable

And why is everyone complaining about the moon anyway... that's just ridiculous!

TOO MUCH COMPLAINING! XD

Should be more appraisal for things such as the weenie hut finally having a human sized door and the sign being readable

I'd be shaking your hand if I could.

Archived