Home

Daddy

That's it, folks. After about a month suspecting it, my girlfriend did a blood test to ascertain if she was, indeed, expecting a child.

The test was categoric: right there, between red and white cells amount , there "reagent: positive". Outside the technical language, it means a gestation.

At first I was none less than staggered, but the gentle physician that attended to us changed my mind as she congratulated us while fondling my beloved's still little prominent stomach. So far it's been only three months of pregnancy but some blatant signs were clear long ago, like feeding alterations, menstruation and PMT absence, besides a vertiginous increase of estrogen and progesterone plummeting; both pointed out on her urine test collected a few weeks ago.

At the moment, I'm hoping for a boy (José, her father's name). I've always wanted a boy, but I'd be just as happy with a girl (Siena). My little sister-in-law's not even two years old, so it'd be nice to see an aunt and a niece of about the same age.

I've just got the news by today's morning, but I'be already talked with hers and my parents. Luckily, our families have good financial conditions and are willing to assist us raising our baby. So I'll keep going to college with an extra encouragement.

So, that's it for today. I'm beaming with joy right now, and frankly, I'm feeling like announcing to the entire world that I've taken the first steps to form my own legacy.

Archived