Home

Mass Effect 3

leXX

I just see a Mass Effect MMO as a waste of resources that could be better allocated to making a good single player game. Like Jade Empire 2, an actual sequel to Mass Effect, Dragon Age III, or a new IP.

If Jade Empire 2 was going to happen, it probably would have by now, Dragon Age III is going to happen anyway, and what do you mean by "actual sequel"?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meh, I see your overarching point that the franchises differ enough to have their own audiences and a valid point it is. I just wanted to make a quip about how Smugglers are awesome. The existence of this thread in this forum proves that there is room for both Star Wars fans and Mass Effect fans as well as an audience consisting of those that are fans of both.

TOR = Lightsabers

MEMMO = Guns

Force = Biotics so you got me there.

Please go back and read what I already said to Primogen.

Well, Biotics are limited to telekinetic stuff, and they're not exactly a religious group, but I suppose that works.

stuff about release gap

Fair enough, 4-5 years would probably be enough room.

Clearly he knows a guy, who knows a guy whose gay roommate at Brown had a misanthropic uncle who has a friend whose son works for BioWare, as a janitor and he knows all.

If primogen had a source like that, I'd never doubt him. The almighty janitor trope is clearly present in real life.

TOR = Lightsabers

MEMMO = Guns

Force = Biotics so you got me there.

Please go back and read what I already said to Primogen.

Just wait till MEMMO has beam swords 'developed when soldiers realized that running out of thermal clips kinda sucked'. :p

Fair enough; as I said in a longwinded fashion (sorry about that, started typing, went away for an hour, came back and just rambled on without really checking where I was in the post), you think the Mass Effect is a more valuable IP than I give it credit for, and the overlap of fans won't cripple MEMMO. Whether or not they should make it, they likely will though. Since I really don't want to spend any more time in a discussion of whether it makes financial sense for a company I don't especially like (referring to EA here, I'm ambivalent towards Bioware as a dev, don't have anything against them) to make a game I will never play (can't get my head around paying a subscription for games), I'm going to leave it at that.

So uh... how 'bout them Reapers huh?

I remember a time when people actually played video games instead of discussing the politics of creating a video game.

That has to have been rather long ago. People were religiously discussing games even on pre-Internet BBSs. :p

As for a MEMMO, I'd be interested in playing it, but only if it has no monthly subscription fee. Given the route they seem to be taking with MMOTOR however that seems to be unlikely. So hopefully they won't peg the entire future of the Mass Effect universe onto an MMO. More singleplayer (or even traditional multiplayer) games would be nice even if they don't necessarily involve Shepard or her crew in any form. :)

Even a Blast Effect game might be nice, though I might find it hard to relate to a tentacled naked jelly communicating through light pulses.

As for a MEMMO, I'd be interested in playing it, but only if it has no monthly subscription fee. Given the route they seem to be taking with MMOTOR however that seems to be unlikely.

Given BioWare's new MO of release a game and then nickel and dime you into buying stuff that should have been in there to begin with, I'd say any MEMMO would go all out on subscriptions and micro-transactions.

If they did make one I'd certainly give it a go, but I'd be worried about running into 200,000+ people all with variations of the name Shepard.

@ Sabre: I don't get what you're trying to say... should BioWare not have released any of the previous ME games?

People may be discussing the politics of creating a game in this thread, but that is because they have played the game in question. It's not like they're rapping on BioWare without having played the game.

Exactly, it's not available and we know absolutely nothing about it. The only thing people are doing are making guesses... hell, even I've made guesses in my previous posts but you know what? All of our guesses are terrible.

Aside from the fact that it may exist in the future, what other factual information do we have about it? I say the ME MMO is going to have topless female samurai ninja assassin's to draw people in. It's going to be the greatest game ever. You heard it here first.

Exactly, it's not available and we know absolutely nothing about it.
That's why we postulate about the possibilities. Since it isn't available and we know nothing about it, we get to come up with asinine ideas and proclaim them factual. Then we debate the ridiculousness of said ideas whilst measuring our e-peens against each other, that is why Al Gore invented the internet.

If speculation, positive and negative, regarding a game that doesn't exist yet is pointless, why exactly does this thread exist? I'm pretty sure ME3 hasn't been released yet, and this thread was started when the only thing known was that the game would eventually be made.

I don't buy the idea that speculation is stupid, especially when that speculation is based on a dev/series/genre's past track record. If someone disagrees, it's not like anyone's forcing them to read/post in a thread that's clearly going to be almost all speculation, so why do so if reading guesses bothers them?

That has to have been rather long ago. People were religiously discussing games even on pre-Internet BBSs. :p

As for a MEMMO, I'd be interested in playing it, but only if it has no monthly subscription fee. Given the route they seem to be taking with MMOTOR however that seems to be unlikely. So hopefully they won't peg the entire future of the Mass Effect universe onto an MMO. More singleplayer (or even traditional multiplayer) games would be nice even if they don't necessarily involve Shepard or her crew in any form. :)

Even a Blast Effect game might be nice, though I might find it hard to relate to a tentacled naked jelly communicating through light pulses.

^All of this

Archived