Home

Vurt's retextures

νυrτ

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jesus you guys are touchier than a shaved monkey... he wasn't trying to insult you and i think you could do him the service of not looking for such...

The mod has been up since I read the original comment, so lets move on from that and not take an excellent and most promising WIP off topic.

I'm using Photoshop. Pics are my own mostly (taken with my Canon 500D) and some are completed using filters (such as the structure texture on Dantooine), the sky shots are from various sources on the internet, they're heaviliy edited in PS though. To create seamless textures i use the offset function in photoshop, very useful..

Cool, they do look very good, I have played with the Skyboxes in the past, but was never overly happy with them. Partly as I always wanted to keep the theme the skyboxes had, for example the two moons in the Dantooine skybox in K1. Dantooine does look a lot better in the above screens keep up the excellent work! :) Of the two towers the left hand one looks better IMO, all your skyboxes look really good, as do the rock textures! Keep up the good work ;)

Jae Onasi: wow, i seriously didnt mean to upset anyone, the comment was not meant to be directed to the staff as some kind of criticism, it wasnt even meant to be taken very seriously. I should've put my usual " ;) " afterwards but i really didnt think anyone would read into it that much.

As a modder i dont need to be lectured about spending my free time doing stuff for others for free. I've spent more time modding different games for the latest year than doing anyting else :) Again sorry, i didnt mean to offend anyone. I'm thankful for FileFront and i'm sure you're thankful to the contributors, so let's just drop it.

I'm also a first time user of this so i'm wondering how i edit mods i've already uploaded, i happened to misspell one of the droid textures (there's an extra "." in C_DrdProt02..tga, so this texture wont show up in-game).

jonathan7: glad you like it :)

Zhaboka: I've retextured both the ground and the grass mesh. There are a few different grass retextures (3 i think) in those posts hehe, i'm not sure which one i'll end up with, probably i'll include all 3.

I'm also a first time user of this so i'm wondering how i edit mods i've already uploaded' date=' i happened to misspell one of the droid textures (there's an extra "." in C_DrdProt02..tga, so this texture wont show up in-game).[/quote']

You would have to release a patch, the mod downloads themselves can't be edited. Normally we catch errors like that, but I won't have KotOR 2 until I return to the UK (I work abroard) so couldn't test K2 mods.

ah ok... i was hoping it was like planetelderscrolls where you upload once and get it approved and then the user have full access to his files and to update etc. It's not something you're considering for FileFront to make it easier for your users (and yourselves)?

Unfortunately not and the K-Files staff have little say over such things which would effect the whole site.

Here's some progress with Korriban

Looks really good, out of interest have you done Peragus and Telos?

Thanks for your comments!

jonathan7: i havent done those places no, i probably will but can't promise anything.

Jaevyn: no idea, sorry. i will probably split it up so the first releases shouldnt be too far off.

Been a bit lazy today, but i've started to retexture the Ebon Hawk (which was way too low res for my taste :D )..

izyn4.jpg

Archived