Home

XWA One Year Thread, Part VI, Return of the Bottle Deposit

Kuuki

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Won a curling game today as a skip (have not been doing well), started out after 2 ends (innings) being down 4 to nothing. Game back to steal in the 7th end to tie it up with a critical hit and roll. My Lead came through with two great shots which allowed us to steal to win the game

Kukki, I think even some of us males have adopted BFF as Internet shorthand for "best friend." At least it stays true to the way messages tended to be compressed in the net's early days.

some people dont know when i joke :/

Won a curling game today as a skip (have not been doing well), started out after 2 ends (innings) being down 4 to nothing. Game back to steal in the 7th end to tie it up with a critical hit and roll. My Lead came through with two great shots which allowed us to steal to win the game

And you guys complain my Starcraft 2 stuff is hard to understand... ;)

so tired. no idea why

Me too... though I know why.

Stayed at the GF's place last night. I've never slept in the same bed as anyone else before, and I'm a super light sleeper... and I'm still not used to it.

Combine it with the fact she's up early to get kids ready for school... and the fact that her bed frame decided to disintegrate on us at about 2:30am last night (apparently randomly... it didn't appear tied to any other activities that might have taken place in the bed earlier in the night...) slamming the box spring to the floor with a crash just as I was really dozing off. Had to get up and suss the problem... and never really got back into a good deep sleep.

Gonna try sleeping over again... which hopefully works... as I do have to work a long and late shift again tomorrow night.

Me too... though I know why.

Stayed at the GF's place last night. I've never slept in the same bed as anyone else before, and I'm a super light sleeper... and I'm still not used to it.

Combine it with the fact she's up early to get kids ready for school... and the fact that her bed frame decided to disintegrate on us at about 2:30am last night (apparently randomly... it didn't appear tied to any other activities that might have taken place in the bed earlier in the night...) slamming the box spring to the floor with a crash just as I was really dozing off. Had to get up and suss the problem... and never really got back into a good deep sleep.

Gonna try sleeping over again... which hopefully works... as I do have to work a long and late shift again tomorrow night.

LOL ouch

Ah, Fat Tuesday. Perhaps Pizza Hut for lunch?

heheh mexican is prolly safe too

In so much painright now.

??

It's been a weird day...

Got some sleep last night... though not as much as I'd like.

Had to come in early because a co-worker booked a morning meeting, and then remembered she was having plumbers come in and put in a new bathroom, so i had to be in earlier than I thought.

Then I got a message from my mom that my girlfriend was rushed to the hospital in an ambulance, and the cops dropped her kids off at my place.

I tried to get out of work... but I really couldn't at that point.

She was discharged a little while ago, but I haven't heard from her yet. I don't know what happened. As far as I know the kids are still at my place... and I'm stuck working the concert.

Looks like she doesn't have her phone on her either.

Ugh. What a lousy, helpless, powerless feeling when you don't know what's going on, can't get in touch, and can't leave to do anything about it.

It's been a weird day...

Got some sleep last night... though not as much as I'd like.

Had to come in early because a co-worker booked a morning meeting, and then remembered she was having plumbers come in and put in a new bathroom, so i had to be in earlier than I thought.

Then I got a message from my mom that my girlfriend was rushed to the hospital in an ambulance, and the cops dropped her kids off at my place.

I tried to get out of work... but I really couldn't at that point.

She was discharged a little while ago, but I haven't heard from her yet. I don't know what happened. As far as I know the kids are still at my place... and I'm stuck working the concert.

Looks like she doesn't have her phone on her either.

Ugh. What a lousy, helpless, powerless feeling when you don't know what's going on, can't get in touch, and can't leave to do anything about it.

THEY WONT LET YOU OFF FOR THAT?!?!

that's a 'riasin a middle finger' moment thar

I found out less than a half hour before my shift was supposed to start, and anyone that could have done it for me was already working somewhere else, or far off campus with plans already.

There was just nobody to cover for me.

There wasn't much I could have done anyway... except try to keep her kids occupied. She was in the Emergency Room the whole time, getting tests and ultrasounds.

She wasn't released from the ER when I was told, however... it was only about an hour ago. Mom was on her way to pick her up last I heard.

I'm heading home now to try to sort out the situation.

It's been a weird day...

Hope she's ok man. That sucks.

@Zargon: I suffer from Scoliosis, which is an unnatural curvature of the spine. It's in my lower back, and it flairs up when it goes from Cold to Not So Cold but not Warm/Hot (I.E.: Winter-->Spring) and from Hot to Almost Cold but not Freezing (I.E.: Fall-->Winter). When it flairs up (which I assume, and my Mom confirmed, it's inflamation+the Scoliosis) everything starts pinching on an apparently important nerve bundle.

Which usually involves my lower back in gross amounts of pain, and the pain migrating down through my right leg. I tend to wince a bit when I move and I have a House like limp as it hurts to move my right leg.

This year, it also, in addition to all of that, hit my neck. I believe it's unrelated to my back, just super inconvenient and made life miserable for a while.

It still hurts, just not as bad. I took some Ibprofon(sp?) last night to deal with the pain and inflammation, and it's better today. Though the painkillers I took wore off about 3 hours after taking them, and I didn't feel like trying to press my luck in taking 6 pills in the span of 3 hours. >.<

Woke up today with just a dull, persistant pain, which is better than the past FIVE ****ING DAYS.

It was a burst cyst in her abdomen. Several cysts, in fact. When the first one went, the others followed in quick succession. She said the pain was sudden and blinding, and she fell down and almost passed out from it. She thought for a second that she had been shot in the side.

Luckily, she had her cell phone in her hand when it happened, and called 911 as soon as she could think straight. Then her system went into overload with the toxins flooding her abdomen, and she was running a 104 degree temp when she got to the ER.

She can barely move today. She kept the kids out of school so they could help her with things.

I'm stuck at work again... but I should be home by 9 tonight.

Holy ****. Thank goodness she was able to call 911!

She should be fine, which is good. Though I can oy imagine she needs a friendly face right now.

Saw an old high school classmate in the tutoring lab where I work part time. We did more catching up than helping her with her math stuff. She's still gorgeous.

What really made me chuckle is that she's deeply religious, but has a kid and single. I was amused, because knowing her from high school, she'd be the last person I'd expect to be a single mom. Apparently she got divorced because her husband was a douchebag.

Looks like the anti-collective-bargaining bill got passed in Wisconsin. It was removed from the fiscal parts of the bill, which allowed the Republican senators to vote on it with out the Dems there.

Pretty sneaky, and well played.

It might very well to prove to be political (and, when talking about people's livelihoods, perhaps even literal) suicide... But a crafty maneuver.

Looks like the anti-collective-bargaining bill got passed in Wisconsin. It was removed from the fiscal parts of the bill, which allowed the Republican senators to vote on it with out the Dems there.

Pretty sneaky, and well played.

It might very well to prove to be political (and, when talking about people's livelihoods, perhaps even literal) suicide... But a crafty maneuver.

It is political suicide. They finally come out and prove it is not about balancing the budget but busting up Unions. The state Capitol is packed now and I just got a robocall from ALF-CEO that everyone should go down to the capitol NOW and join the protest.

As it is.. the Police are avoiding the Capitol building

You might see statewide strikes and lawsuits against the Government in the next few days. Recall Elections in the next few months

Archived