Home

XWA One Year Thread, Part VI, Return of the Bottle Deposit

Kuuki

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've always loved web forums, and have been posting on one bowling forum site in particular since my comeback to the game was in full swing. Today, I was privileged to meet one of my friends from those bowling forums and treated him to pizza and bowling at my home center. You'd think my having the home alley advantage would have helped, but he actually had the best game of our session, a 205 throwing a ball he normally uses on his wood lanes (the lanes at my center are synthetic). We both enjoyed the visit, though, and we hope to do it again, possibly this summer. :joy:

Hmm?

I didn't say I was unhappy. ;)

But I'm such a horribly light sleeper that it's pretty hopeless for me to share a bed with anyone else and expect to sleep. I might as well just stay up and watch TV all night for the amount of rest I actually manage to grab.

I'm not sure how to make this work in the long run... :(

got splinter cell conviction. it's pretty awesome.

yeah its pretty awesome. 360 I am guessing?

I have it on steam

I almost broke my finger last week, they thought it was broke, but decided in the end it wasnt, so they burnt a hole through my nail friday

no gaming all weekend :(

Hmm?

I didn't say I was unhappy. ;)

But I'm such a horribly light sleeper that it's pretty hopeless for me to share a bed with anyone else and expect to sleep. I might as well just stay up and watch TV all night for the amount of rest I actually manage to grab.

I'm not sure how to make this work in the long run... :(

Allow me to quote the movie Extract:

You need to take some Xanax.

- Xanax? Isn't that for anxiety?

It's good for all psychological problems in the DSM-IV. Xanax basically just makes you feel good. That's why it works for everything. I take it for the common head cold.

Words of wisdom straight from the lips of Ben Affleck.

In all seriousness though, I have the same problem and it sucks. The only solution I've come up with is taking some sort of sleep aid. Valerian or melatonin are OTC and work fairly well though.

That sounds sucktastic.

th_IMG00008-20110317-0840.jpg

looks sexier now that they burnt a hole in and its draining :D

I used to be a real heavy sleeper, now I'ma very light sleeper. You'll learn to sleep through most of your bedmates moves, eventually

Gross.

;P

Yeah... I'm hoping that once work slows down to a sane pace again to try and spend enough nights in a row over there that I get used to it.

But I don't dare try it when I'm insanely busy, and exhausted and stressed out of my mind to begin with. I don't foresee that experiment ending well...

I can't get Firefox 4 to work on my home computer. :mad:

It upgraded smoothly at work... but it's fighting me here.

Looks like it downloads and installs just fine... but then it never actually ever opens when you click it.

I don't want to have to wipe all my settings and bookmarks and passwords and add-ons to have to do a full uninstall and reinstall it clean. That would suck!

Archived