Home

XWA One Year Thread, Part VI, Return of the Bottle Deposit

Kuuki

On Achievements: Cute to add replay value, and a cheap way to do it. But alas, why? It's really for OCD people that must must MUST 100% a game.

Yeah, and take my word for it, WE DON'T WANT MORE STUPID CRAP TO DO.

Some achievements are retarded. Like, you have to be a robot to do it.

Right, or they are retarded for the opposite reason - you get them automatically as a consequence of just playing through the game. So it's either stuff you don't want to do or stuff you are going to do anyway. Some achievements ARE fun, but it seems like there's not a lot of quality control with this stuff. I don't know why games can't just handle stuff like this on an individual basis instead of having this common system.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish it was an opt-in system... that they would only activate if you wanted to chase them.

And I still think there should be real, substantial rewards for getting them... Microsoft Points or free DLC for the game you are playing for instance.

And I still think there should be real, substantial rewards for getting them... Microsoft Points or free DLC for the game you are playing for instance.

Yeah, but then they'd have to spend resources on making sure people aren't cheating to get them. Plus, it doesn't really make sense for them to essentially give something away for free that people are willing to pay for.

I suppose... But if it were a small enough number, you'd have to play a lot in order to get enough to actually get anything. 10 points per achievement.

Most people would still pay rather than go through the hassle of trying to rack them up in order to get anything good.

But they could make it so that getting the achievements unlocks special exclusive bonus content.

Some games already do something like that already, I believe.

I'll probably get Portal 2 at some point.

Been thinking about getting Need For Speed: Shift 2... but there's really no point until things slow down again.

Then DiRT 3 comes out...

And I'd also like to get Little Big Planet 2 and Lego Star Wars 3 for the kids...

Too many cool games... not enough hours in the day... :(

Worked a show for Chris Cornell (singer in Soundgarden, Temple Of The Dog, Audioslave...) tonight. Pretty good... but very long.

He had one guitar labeled: "Hunger Strike"... but he never played it. I waited all night to hear that one... so here it is now.

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

Great week last week for my virtual team...a record-breaking week, in fact. My teammate "B Fury" had a 298 last game in the process of putting up an 824 series, which now stands as the league record individual series. The rest of us did well, too, and we now hold the league record team game (1,214) and series (3,324). The effort was rewarded with all 7 points, which (unfortunately) allowed us to climb out of the league basement.

The fire alarm went off at work a little while ago. I just sat here and kept working. This seems like a terrible idea, but all those years of fire drills in school have trained me to believe that every fire alarm is just a joke. I'm not horribly burned yet, so so far I'd say it's paying off.
That happened one night during a concert. It was amazing to me how nobody reacted at all. I had to stop the show and get on a mic to tell people they really had to get out.

Just past my 6-month mark with the GF! :)

A new personal relationship record and milestone for me!

I just wish I had a bit more free time and was far less exhausted all the time from work and life to enjoy the moment a bit more... but alas, it is not to be.

Giant concert this week. Setup yesterday. Rehearse all night tonight and tomorrow. Show Thursday. Collapse from brain-death Friday. :dozey:

I do have a long weekend however! :)

Gonna head down the Cape.

b3 p67 mobo has arrived

time to take apart and rebuild/reinstall :/

my dual 30gb SSD's are getting replaced with a single 96gb though. need to reinstall OS anyways, I think my board really was bad, so many odd unexplainable crashes.

good lord its just me

thats........unsettling

Muhahahaha!

;P

I'm trying not to be the top poster to this thread (by a factor of 2 or 3) this year... like I have been to the last 5 (or is it 6?...) threads running.

Plus: Life has gone crazy. I thought I was busy last year at this time. I had no idea... :dozey:

Archived