Home

XWA One Year Thread, Part VI, Return of the Bottle Deposit

Kuuki

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would think not being a citizen of the U.S would have been caught by the Justice Department FAIRLY EARLY.

Just.. ya know..... because of Constitutional Requirements of office and stuff.

*sigh*

you are hilarious, the justice department doesnt give a **** about the constitution anymore, havent for years!

I'm so relieved to hear that!

:joy:

My iPod is now reloaded. Though there is a strange discrepancy in number of songs and artists between my iTunes file and what's on my iPod. It was a direct transfer from one to the other... so they should be exactly the same... but for some reason, they're not.

Odd...

Just got through mixing a play about B.B. King's life. I hate doing sound for theater productions... and I have to do this one AGAIN tomorrow.

Shoot me now...

:dozey:

Projected posts at year-end: 1,893

Doing my part to try to up that...my DSL has been having problems all week. I'm posting over the one unsecured wireless connection around my home that seems to work.

Anyway, after my mid-winter slump, I shot 610 this week to finally square my average back up with last season. With two weeks left in my league, and needing only a 617 to raise it next week, I still have a decent chance to improve my average if I bowl like I know I'm capable of. :)

Yesturday my fiancee and I participated in the La Crosse Fitness festival. She did the 5k run/walk and I did a 32mile bike tour. I started at 8am, and she started at 10am, we both finished about the same time.

THe hardest part of my bike tour is the first 10 miles. a couple big hills in the lower bluff area. Then at 10am around mile 20 it rained real hard. I was able to spend a few minutes underneath a bridge to avoid the worst rain. We both ended up wet, and as we relaxed and have some lunch we starting to get chilled and heading on home to take a hot shower and rest.

Did a lot better on my bike tour then last year. of course I didn't have the 20 mph headwind on the last 10 miles either.

Now that I have moved to LaCrosse it is time to get the house in order and clean things up after the painters have no finished

Confirmed.

Where I know it would have been impossible to take him alive, he should have. He is now a martyr for the cause of the Jihadists. This is NOT something I would have wanted.

But in the mean time, since he IS gone.... can we repeal some of those security laws that were passed knee jerk like after 9-11? Please?

kkthxbai.

rather interesting to first read about it on twitter and facebook, then turn on the news for special reports about the Presidents speech. Then silence on the net as the President gave his speech.

Pretty darn good speech to. best part IMHO "Bin Laden was not a Muslim leader; he was a mass murderer of Muslims. Indeed, al Qaeda has slaughtered scores of Muslims in many countries, including our own. So his demise should be welcomed by all who believe in peace and human dignity."

Still, I think people, especially Europe should be vigilant for any retaliatory attack. Andi hope Osama's death might end or reduce some of the muslim extremists attacks on civilians

rather interesting to first read about it on twitter and facebook, then turn on the news for special reports about the Presidents speech. Then silence on the net as the President gave his speech.

Pretty darn good speech to. best part IMHO "Bin Laden was not a Muslim leader; he was a mass murderer of Muslims. Indeed, al Qaeda has slaughtered scores of Muslims in many countries, including our own. So his demise should be welcomed by all who believe in peace and human dignity."

really? you thought that was good?

he had some good parts, but it was pretty shameful watching him try and take credit for it. he paused a ****load, and stumbled more than a few times. tons extra stupid ****, we get it, I remember 9/11, he decided he had to recount it to drum up emotion and win more points.

Confirmed.

Where I know it would have been impossible to take him alive, he should have. He is now a martyr for the cause of the Jihadists. This is NOT something I would have wanted.

But in the mean time, since he IS gone.... can we repeal some of those security laws that were passed knee jerk like after 9-11? Please?

kkthxbai.

indeed! let's pull some of those TSA BS measures now shall we?

really? you thought that was good?

he had some good parts, but it was pretty shameful watching him try and take credit for it. he paused a ****load, and stumbled more than a few times. tons extra stupid ****, we get it, I remember 9/11, he decided he had to recount it to drum up emotion and win more points.

Granted...

But what would have Bush/ Cheney done with this moment? Can you imagine?

I think Obama was fairly restrained compared to what they would have done under the same circumstances.

And he is still Commander in Chief, and it happened on his watch. If he can't score a few points off of that, then what's the point? If he has to (largely unfairly) take all the blame for the financial meltdown and subsequent botched bailouts (most of which happened in GWB's last days in office...) then the least that can happen is that he gets to take credit for this.

But I'm waiting for the conservative spin that makes this a negative on Obama. I know it's coming...

Granted...

But what would have Bush/ Cheney done with this moment? Can you imagine?

I think Obama was fairly restrained compared to what they would have done under the same circumstances.

And he is still Commander in Chief, and it happened on his watch. If he can't score a few points off of that, then what's the point? If he has to (largely unfairly) take all the blame for the financial meltdown and subsequent botched bailouts (most of which happened in GWB's last days in office...) then the least that can happen is that he gets to take credit for this.

But I'm waiting for the conservative spin that makes this a negative on Obama. I know it's coming...

I found it silly to suggest that the CIA wasnt already operating on it as a priority

"The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him."

- G.W. Bush, 9/13/01

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."

- G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

let’s talk about 9/11. The people who were responsible for murdering 3,000 Americans on 9/11 have not been brought to justice. They are Osama bin Laden, al Qaeda and their sponsors – the Taliban. They were in Afghanistan. And yet George Bush and John McCain decided in 2002 that we should take our eye off of Afghanistan so that we could invade and occupy a country that had absolutely nothing to do with 9/11.

Osama bin Laden and his top leadership – the people who murdered 3000 Americans – have a safe-haven in northwest Pakistan, where they operate with such freedom of action that they can still put out hate-filled audiotapes to the outside world. That’s the result of the Bush-McCain approach to the war on terrorism.

BARACK OBAMA, speech, Jun. 18, 2008

I think he deserves to take credit for OBL death. he is the commander in chief, and he was the one who gave the final order

"The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him."

- G.W. Bush, 9/13/01

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."

- G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

Osama bin Laden and his top leadership – the people who murdered 3000 Americans – have a safe-haven in northwest Pakistan, where they operate with such freedom of action that they can still put out hate-filled audiotapes to the outside world. That’s the result of the Bush-McCain approach to the war on terrorism.

BARACK OBAMA, speech, Jun. 18, 2008

I think he deserves to take credit for OBL death. he is the commander in chief, and he was the one who gave the final order

credit goes where is due, and thats to the CIA, FSOC, and the military for the last 8 years, not to johnny come lately. I would like to think ANY president in power right now would have given the order.

I bet BHO is singing a different tune about Guantanamo and those interrogation techniques he talked down all election campaign as they got him this win he is coveting so hard.

credit goes where is due, and thats to the CIA, FSOC, and the military for the last 8 years, not to johnny come lately. I would like to think ANY president in power right now would have given the order..
Of course... but this is how politics works.

Gas prices go up... the President always gets the blame. Not that he has much control of it... but that's just what happens.

Kill the planet's most wanted terrorist? He's gonna take some of the credit. Hell right... I would too!

It's really all about being in the right place at the right time... but any savvy politician is gonna take as much advantage as they can, and ride it out for as much as it's worth.

Bin Laden has been known about as a threat since G.H.W. Bush's time in office... but no other administration succeeded in bringing him down during their time in power. Like it or not, a success like this is going to reflect on the person in charge... fairly or not.

That's just the way of the world.

yup. doesnt mean I cant point out the silliness of it.

we have no idea when/where the guys who ratted at gitmo got caught

and like I pointed out, he campained on shutting down the very resources used to get him. so its a little MORE funny that way

credit goes where is due, and thats to the CIA, FSOC, and the military for the last 8 years, not to johnny come lately. I would like to think ANY president in power right now would have given the order.

I bet BHO is singing a different tune about Guantanamo and those interrogation techniques he talked down all election campaign as they got him this win he is coveting so hard.

Wow.. getting a lot of derp here. time to turn your radio and tv channel a bit more to the left.

1. Obama made the final decision to pull off the raid. Obama let everyone know that the decision to use lethal force, in a foreign country without their approval, was his. Obama knew if there are repercussions from all of this, it will land squarely on his back. Damn right he get to take credit for the killing

2. Obama also knew who else to thank in his speach:

..The United States has conducted an operation that killed Osama bin Laden...

...Over the last 10 years, thanks to the tireless and heroic work of our military and our counter-terrorism professionals, we've made great strides in that effort...

...And so shortly after taking office, I directed Leon Panetta, the director of the CIA, to make the killing or capture of bin Laden the top priority of our war against al Qaeda...

...after years of painstaking work by our intelligence community...

...the United States launched a targeted operation against that compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan. A small team of Americans carried out the operation with extraordinary courage and capability. ...

...Tonight, we give thanks to the countless intelligence and counter-terrorism professionals who've worked tirelessly to achieve this outcome. The American people do not see their work, nor know their names. But tonight, they feel the satisfaction of their work and the result of their pursuit of justice.

We give thanks for the men who carried out this operation, for they exemplify the professionalism, patriotism, and unparalleled courage of those who serve our country. And they are part of a generation that has borne the heaviest share of the burden since that September day....

...we are once again reminded that America can do whatever we set our mind to...

3. There are numerous reports from Senior officials that the evidence that lead to the courier OBL used who lead intelligence operatives to the site came under NORMAL interrogation methods about 2 years ago. If you use something like waterboarding the prisoner will sing and say anything just to stop the torture and it is highly unreliable as a way to gain evidence or information

Went video Game sequel buying today:

Portal 2

Little Big Planet 2

Need For Speed: Shift 2

That's a lot of 2s... ;)

I almost went for the combo-breaker and got Lego Star Wars III... but they didn't have it for XBox 360... and I'm too annoyed with Sony right now to get it for PS3.

If LBP was available for any other system, you can bet I would have got it for something else. I almost didn't get it... but the kids have pretty much finished the first one... and it keeps them quiet and occupied when they are at my place like nothing else I've tried.

Archived