Home

XWA One Year Thread, Part VI, Return of the Bottle Deposit

Kuuki

Just finished Portal 2. Dang that game was awesome. The perfect sequel in every way.
I've been playing it a bit. It's pretty cool.

Have you done any of the co-op yet?

I still feel like crap today... but not bad enough to stay away from work.

Blah.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have you done any of the co-op yet?

No, I wanted to finish the single player first, since it was my understanding that the co-op game took place after the single player. Plus I have to find someone who has it on the 360; I think everyone bought it on PC or PS3, due to free Steam updates.

No, I wanted to finish the single player first, since it was my understanding that the co-op game took place after the single player. Plus I have to find someone who has it on the 360; I think everyone bought it on PC or PS3, due to free Steam updates.

bet all those PS3 users are pretty salty right now :eek:

Yeah... It sucks. :rolleyes:

I never gave them a credit card number, and I was pretty sparse with personal info... and I never play online... but still... :mad:

GT5 won't run if it doesn't see the network. And a few of the other games are crippled when you take away the connectivity.

But the FPS multi-player folks must be totally BS right now.

My future in-laws are visiting. First problem occurred when future FiL started discussing how long my Fiancee's mother has to live and other peoples surgery at the tail end of a meal. THen he uses up all the ice in the freezer for a glass of water for my Future Mil. Then to top it off my Future FiL tells me I should stop riding a bike or he might not ever get a Grandkid.

happy^3 joy^3

Felt like crap all day yesterday. First from the allergies... then from the side-effects I have to the medications.

Didn't go to work at all.

Which means I have to go in today... I was going to take it off, but I left a bunch of things to take care of when I went home Tuesday.

Blah.

My future in-laws are visiting. First problem occurred when future FiL started discussing how long my Fiancee's mother has to live and other peoples surgery at the tail end of a meal. THen he uses up all the ice in the freezer for a glass of water for my Future Mil. Then to top it off my Future FiL tells me I should stop riding a bike or he might not ever get a Grandkid.

happy^3 joy^3

sounds like a winnAr1!!!

Well, I missed my +1 by 10 pins last night, which meant I've officially dropped a pin from last year's average. I did punch out in my 1,050th and last frame of the season...all's well that ends well, I guess.

Today, I was using the BowlSK (the site I use to track my bowling) reports to break down my performance this season, and found one thing I liked about it: when I had a strike working, I kept the string going nearly as often as not. :)

went and saw a community theatre production of "Chicago" with my Fiancee. She got free tickets with a friend who designed some costumes (Ms, Sunshine, Master of Ceremonies) and rather enjoyed the show

Why didn't anyone tell me the musical included a lot of young nubile ladies dancing around in their undies with garters?

*Bump*

:dozey:

I'm still alive... just.

Allergies really kicked my butt this year. Was trapped in the house for most of the week...

Got a lot of gaming done. Finally finished Portal 1. About halfway through Portal 2. Such amazing games.

went and saw a community theatre production of "Chicago" with my Fiancee. She got free tickets with a friend who designed some costumes (Ms, Sunshine, Master of Ceremonies) and rather enjoyed the show

Why didn't anyone tell me the musical included a lot of young nubile ladies dancing around in their undies with garters?

dude that's the whole point of musicals

Cold and rainy here.

Good sleeping weather though. Although I stayed at the GF's place last night, and barely got any sleep... but because one of the kids was not feeling good, and she was up and down about 10 times during the night.

Brought my car in to be looked at today. A couple of dire warning lights have been popping up, and it's been idling a bit rough... and I'm overdue for an inspection.

So far: looks like the bill is about 1,200 bucks... AND I couldn't find my registration when I looked for it.

Had to go to the RMV today and spend an hour and a half in line and 25 bucks to get a new one. I've no idea what happened to the old one. I always put them in the exact same place in my car... and in fact had 2 older ones sitting there... but I'm a little alarmed to think about how long I might have been driving around without a valid registration in my car.

It's up in July... So it's VERY possible that it might have been since last year at that time. I honestly can't think of another time since then that I might have had it out...

Oops!

Well... at least I was lucky to never to have gotten pulled over since then.

she was up and down about 10 times during the night.

That was all it took?

Sorry, couldn't resist a straight line

Needed to get a new lawnmower and Home Depot was the only one that had a decent selection. Bought a 20" push mower with a 24v battery. When there were 5 employees hanging around the area, a forklift in my way, and a rototiller in front of the product I decided to play the game of "Angry fed up customer" when I went to the check out. 4 cashiers standing around, none wanted to help me. when I went to the only "non-self checkout" I was offered a $50 extended warranty and I replied "Why? is this thing going to break?" poor cashier tried to explain to me in accented english (he was asian) that it was in addition to the Manufacture warranty. my game was for them to admit it was just corporate policy and I didn't need it. After a bit front end Manager came up.. again an asian with accented english (not my plan) and tried to get me to buy the extended warranty. Then the store manager. Finally the Manager gave up and admitted I really didn't need to get it. took about 15 minutes. While I gave my money I also complained about the horrid service.

Today i get to mow. Thursday there is going to be a tree removal service here to take down a 30+ year old maple that is in the back yard. All the neighbors are happy to see it taken down. It is over power lines and 3 properties as well as our house. Going to be interesting to see them take it down.

Cold and rainy here.

Good sleeping weather though. Although I stayed at the GF's place last night, and barely got any sleep... but because one of the kids was not feeling good, and she was up and down about 10 times during the night.

Brought my car in to be looked at today. A couple of dire warning lights have been popping up, and it's been idling a bit rough... and I'm overdue for an inspection.

So far: looks like the bill is about 1,200 bucks... AND I couldn't find my registration when I looked for it.

Had to go to the RMV today and spend an hour and a half in line and 25 bucks to get a new one. I've no idea what happened to the old one. I always put them in the exact same place in my car... and in fact had 2 older ones sitting there... but I'm a little alarmed to think about how long I might have been driving around without a valid registration in my car.

It's up in July... So it's VERY possible that it might have been since last year at that time. I honestly can't think of another time since then that I might have had it out...

Oops!

Well... at least I was lucky to never to have gotten pulled over since then.

I'm glad we dont need that in IL.

Just license and insurance, the registration is tied to the plate and sticker.

makes for some 'fun' if you get pulled over out of state

I made 6 copies of it. Gonna put them everywhere.

Picking the car up today. I hope this is it for repairs for at least a year...

*Sigh*

I'm really starting to not trust these mechanics... which sucks. But it seems like every time I've gone there, something else breaks down within 6 months. But I REALLY don't trust the guys at my dealership either... which doesn't leave a whole lot of options.

The car is sounding and driving a lot better... though it's still not like it was when it was new. But at 11 years old, I suppose a measure of that is to be expected.

I'm thinking about getting a full tune up soon, and maybe having the radiator and transmission fluids flushed and replaced. I need new wiper blades too...

Archived