Home

XWA One Year Thread, Part VI, Return of the Bottle Deposit

Kuuki

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
swearing in next week i believe....hoping i don't break anybodys hearts when i do though...girlfriends parents not liking it...go figure. i got some explaining to do this weekend to them.

next wednesday is the swear-in date! Got Scout!

oh yeah...

17,000!

congrats! whats the MOS?

Long weekend. Hooray!

Been kind of a slow week at work anyway... Though we did do a lot to get the new moving-light package installed and up-in-the-air.

Dirt 3 is awesome! Been playing a lot of that when I have a second.

Which is rare... because my personal life has gotten a bit more complicated. My GF is going through a lot of bad stuff right now and I want to make sure I'm around for support and help her through it.

:(

Went to a cookout at my friend's place last night. Was pretty fun. It degenerated into a Mortal Kombat fight-fest by the end of the night though.

Now my GF and her kids want me to get a copy for my PS3.

We might head to the Cape this weekend... though I know it's going to be a total zoo down there. My GF wants to see her grandmother, who is fading, and might not have much time left... and before she herself has to start her own medical treatments, which are bound to take a lot out of her before she gets better.

Bought a grill Friday. Have used it every evening since. Nice big four burner gas grill, with porcelain coated grates and side burner. I think I discovered why there are no Mammoths.. cave man discovered BBQ. I love grilling out during the summer.

This weekend I am going to go on a small bike/camping trip. I have my Fiancee's approval. Her Bridal shower is the following weekend so we have to finish cleaning up the house.

Found a board game group in La Crosse, has a good size of about 15 to 30 people. A lot of fun and friendly people.

Bought a grill Friday. Have used it every evening since. Nice big four burner gas grill, with porcelain coated grates and side burner. I think I discovered why there are no Mammoths.. cave man discovered BBQ. I love grilling out during the summer.

This weekend I am going to go on a small bike/camping trip. I have my Fiancee's approval. Her Bridal shower is the following weekend so we have to finish cleaning up the house.

Found a board game group in La Crosse, has a good size of about 15 to 30 people. A lot of fun and friendly people.

uh yeah grilling is the bomb.

I <3 my webber grill.

going to be getting a freebie gas grill from a buddy, to suplement the charcoal.

well it was 19D, cavalry scout...now it's in the air...had a huge discussion with girlfriends' parents, and now i'm looking at other mos' that aren't "combat" mos. my recruiter said i'll be waiting a pretty long time again if i dont go down to meps since i'm on a ged list.

im about to just abandon all.

well it was 19D, cavalry scout...now it's in the air...had a huge discussion with girlfriends' parents, and now i'm looking at other mos' that aren't "combat" mos. my recruiter said i'll be waiting a pretty long time again if i dont go down to meps since i'm on a ged list.

im about to just abandon all.

pretty sure once deployed in Iraq/afghanistan they are all combat MOS's

if you wanna trick em go transport. :thmbup1:

Had a fairly decent weekend. Spent most of it on the Cape (and a LOT of that time sitting in Cape traffic...) but in general, it was an excellent time! :)

My elbows and knees have been aching off and on lately... so last night I tried putting on some Capsaicin cream.

Ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch! It burns! IT BUUUURRRRNNNNSSSS!!! :eek:

I won't be using that again.

Though I actually did feel much better this morning, my skin was bright red and on fire for about 5 hours last night. Didn't get much in the way of sleep.

I now believe I know how Darth Vader felt after his molten lava hot-tub moment... :dozey:

Yeah... we're slackin'. :dozey:

I'll try to post a bit more often... but I'm finding it increasingly difficult just to keep up with all the billions of things I NEED to do... let alone all the zillions of things I WANT to do.

For example: Got home from work last night and had to track down kids so I could feed them supper, since my GF was running late from a doctor's appointment. I had a bunch of things I needed to do before bed last night that never got done because of all that.

Maybe tonight... But somehow I doubt it...

Archived