Home

XWA One Year Thread, Part VI, Return of the Bottle Deposit

Kuuki

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm alive...still on swear-in waiting list.

1 year anniversary with my girlfriend went really good. :) she is awesome.

finally got my car inspected after 6 months of driving it around...the muffler fell off so...yeah. and the window cracked. screw safe-lite, window took a rock and cracked, called them they replaced the window for alot of $$$ then less than a month later it cracked and they won't refund the money...so eh whatever. somehow it passed inspection got the muffler and stuff going to pick it up this weekend. :)

starting to hate my job...i'm a bank teller. and well it's basically a sales job. and i suck at it cause i don't care cause i'm only getting 20 hours and health insurance i added is basically raping my paychecks. :) going back to kane is able later this summer, they have a 4x4 shift monday through thursday. weekly pay too...can't really beat that except it's a "temp" job but they do hire people, i'll just have to be early every day and hang out afterwards and i'll probably get hired.

hoping to hear back from the guard soon.

One of the more painful shifts ever:

8 Boston public schools with several bands apiece. All middle school kids. Ouch.

Everything from duets to full string orchestras. 3 hours long... not to mention the rehearsals and soundchecks. I've been here since 9am, working without a break.

Oh: and to top it all off: it's the nicest day we've had here in over a month... and I was stuck inside for most of it. And now I'll probably go home and sleep away the rest of it.

So... anyone taken by the Rapture? Or are we all still here?

There were moments during the show I was kinda hoping that people would suddenly start vanishing (not that I ever expected it for myself, however...) just so we had a reason to stop the show.

But alas... it was not to be...

I guess no one was worthy. All my plans of Post- rapture pranks and looting have failed.

As an aside my Fiancee and I went out Friday and won some raffle prizes. $60 worth of gift certificates to two restaurants. 2 overnight kayak rentals, and a nice pair of earrings

kinda quit my job today....i'm not a salesman kinda guy...i'm poor at trying to force customers who just want to cash or deposit their check to go sit in the chair (i'm no chris hansen) and sign up for **** they don't need.

It's a great time to quit too, they can just think i got raptured. :joy:

I'll be heading back to Kane is Able! they have a 4 day mon-thursday 10 hour 5:30am-3:30pm shift plus weekly pay...can't go wrong there...plus i dont have to deal with customers. or try to get 70 year olds to sign up to online banking.

also the suit and tie thing was getting old.

My league banquet the other night went well...one of the new bowlers put together a slick home video featuring everyone and he had had me do analysis of the roll-off for it. Aside from the cash I won, I picked up one of the pro shop gift certificates as a door prize and I'll probably put it toward a weak ball to round out my arsenal.

I wanted to bowl in a tournament yesterday, and my BFF was going to take me to it, but he was running real late and I didn't think we'd get there in time to register for the second squad, so I just called it off. I bowled @ Westgate Lanes w/ the BFF instead and only hit my average in one game...that's bowling. :|

I got a lead on a warehousing job, interview is tomorrow.

Tornado ripped through town about a few miles north yesterday around 4:30pm. Not very much warning and we were under a tornado watch. Stuck with very little warning. Did a lot of damage to a Pepsi distribution center and a bakery, and took out the power to the Hospital, and damaged several lower income houses.

DiRT 3 drops today.

That's the highlight of my day.

I was supposed to have a dentist appointment but they postponed until tomorrow. I got up early and was ready to go when they cancelled.

Now... if I had cancelled with that late notice, I would have been charged a ton of money. I wonder if I can do the same to them...

:dozey:

Did well with the interview. The Manager of the plant said he was impressed. Likely will have 2nd interview in a few weeks. They are basically foreseeing an increase in business and are starting to hire.

With just having a HS degree warehousing is my best bet ATM. Need to help paying the bills right now before i go to school.

swearing in next week i believe....hoping i don't break anybodys hearts when i do though...girlfriends parents not liking it...go figure. i got some explaining to do this weekend to them.

next wednesday is the swear-in date! Got Scout!

oh yeah...

17,000!

Archived