Home

XWA One Year Thread Part VII: Shadows of the Forum

Good luck...

A fairly good start to the week with a strong 5+ mile run this morning. Had a lot left in the tank at the end, so I should be able to get it done faster. I'd like to get the five mile time down to 35:00, which is about the pace I was running when I had to stop last time because of injuries. Then maybe I can get it down more from there. I'm not sure I care to run any farther on a daily basis, though. Maybe eventually I'll make Friday a day for a longer run, though. We'll see.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The GF bought me flight time with an instructor for yesterday... but the weather grounded us.

I'm making an appointment to do it for later in the month. :)

This will be fun!

She's encouraging me to go take lessons and get my pilot's license. I'll check into it. If I can find the time, I'll go for it. I should be able to afford it, as long as I can pay-as-I-go.

Got my taxes done over the weekend too... over 5-grand back. Mom put the house in my name, and I took all the deductions on it! Sweet!

Don't even tell me you're not going to pretend you're flying an X-wing up there...

Ugh. It's 5:23 AM and I am at work. My mom is going on vacation, so I drove her to the airport this morning. So I just came straight to work after that. I got here just before 5:00 AM. That...is too early.

That just may be the scariest, creepiest sentence I have ever read.

:joy:

Agreed. To the max.

Run felt a lot worse this morning than Monday, but surprisingly I did it in the exact same time. Maybe it's the lack of sleep and long work day yesterday that's to blame. It was good to catch up on sleep last night, though. 9 and a half good hours works wonders.

ate a Fish Fry for the first time in >15yrs.

why? stopped liking fish.

why get one now?

F**KING DELICIOUS!!!!!!!! [/egoraptor]

cravings sucks. I missed out on getting 'fish n chips' in london on deployment, should've gotten it.

I never liked fish as a kid, I never really could get past the "Fishy" smell. until one day on a whim at a VERY VERY nice restaurant I had a perfectly prepared lightly sauteed fish filet. It was wonderful. Since the I have enjoyed fish.

I usually prepare a Salmon Filet in my grill on a plank of wood.

Woke up feeling like crap this morning... but since there was no option for taking a day off, I came in.

I feel better now.

Boring day at work though. Babysitting a recording session all day.

Some monster piano player, doing the original arrangement of Rhapsody in Blue.

Some monster piano player, doing the original arrangement of Rhapsody in Blue.

Ah, nice. What do you mean by original? Two pianos or piano and jazz band?

Destroyed my previous best five mile time this morning - over two minutes faster. Probably because of the ideal conditions - nice and cool and no wind.

Ah, nice. What do you mean by original? Two pianos or piano and jazz band?
http://berklee.edu/events/detail/11124/an-evening-with-kirill-gerstein-rhapsody-in-blue

It's 2 pianos, plus a jazz band/ small orchestra. It's the original 1924 arrangement, as it was first publicly debuted... or so I understand.

I am so tired. :(

Long days. Late nights. Early mornings. Little sleep. Bad sleep. No time for exercise. No days off.

Oh yeah... it's the end of the Spring Semester again. Well... now it all makes sense.

:rolleyes:

Just another 6 weeks or so to suffer through all of this. It just seems like so much more to deal with this year, with me now taking care of mom, and 2 puppies, and my girlfriend and her kids, and pets, 2 houses, 3 cars...

Yikes!

got my costume! pictures up on facebook. lol

called off work today...i didn't want to but it was necessary...my car hasn't been running that great and i have no gas until i get my refund check from my student loan. so yeah...i'll probably get fired. gotta focus on school anyway so i don't get crappy grades. bright side to every dark side i guess. no sense getting down about it.

Archived