Home

XWA One Year Thread Part VII: Shadows of the Forum

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i am alright...the money i made to shoot some sweet weapons (M2, M320, M4) made coming back home kinda suck. nothing to do here but wait...guess ill pick up SWKOTOR and SWTSL on steam. made some more friends in another unit i am attached to, getting promoted this month as well!!! hoping to stay deployed as long as i can so when i get home i have enough in my bank to where i can go back to school full time and manage to have a good time without drinking. kinda talking to my ex. possibly meeting her tomorrow, if only to get buncha my **** back. then going out with my friends for wings and drinks then up to my parents' on wednesday i guess...at least my 360 is there.

annual training was fun...it went by too fast for me. next up is mobilization and deployment so if you all dont hear from me thats what im up to. :)

I have to say, one of my current favorite beer's is Pearl Street brewery's Imperial Pilsner, that was aged in Pinot Noir barrels. Stuff is 8% ABV, smooth, and has a nice Pinot noir flavor to it above the normal pilsner flavor. Like drinking a beer, but it tastes like a beer/wine mixer (in a good way) and you got a good buzz going after you finish your first one

growler.jpgbeergrowler.jpg

Lakefront brewery in Milwaukee has a great Pumpkin lager they come out with. My wife wants me to buy a case of it. Too many pumpkin beers have the problem of you end up searching for the flavors. With Lakefront's pumpkin lager it stays in your mouth with the finish for a bit. All the spices and pumpkin flavors are so savory

Well... I got my results back from my last test at the doctors: I'm negative for MRSA.

That's a relief!

But on the other hand, my sinuses and ears are really bothering me again today. Not quite as bad as they were at the height of the infection... but enough to be annoying again.

So, I know what the problem isn't... but I guess we haven't really figured out what it is, either.

If it gets worse, I'll have to go back again. I really don't want to be at the clinic every couple of days.

yeah man you'll find someone better for you someday. =\ i keep having to tell myself that after mine dumped me. hoping this deployment clears my mind from it as i focus on more important things and when i get back i can find someone better for me or maybe during it i'll find someone...just trying not to think so much about how much it really sucks being alone...even when being with someone that doesnt care much about me somehow seemed right cause i was with someone, maybe being with someone that really cares about me will make the wait worth it. just sucks.

got myself 6 month supply of contacts...so happy, i can see so much better now and interacting with people isn't as awkward now that i can see facial expressions from 200 meters away instead of having to be 2 feet from person. cause wearing glasses (bcgs or safety goggles with inserts) i get that feeling like i'm behind a retard mask and nobody wants to take me seriously.

Kind of like how i feel without hearing aids. I have significant loss of hearing in the 4000+ MHz range. Basically I have a hard time understanding anything when it is noisy. and it was hard to hear the difference between bait/gait, coat/goat. When i first got them it was like I finally got out from under fog.

There were some studies that when sounds were subliminal, just below the threshold of hearing often it would cause anxiety to rise and hallucinations to occur. I do notice I have less anxiety now i got BIONIC EARS!!

one of my friends has hearing loss which causes blood vessels in his eyes to burst.

i bought the sith lords on steam. downloading it. :) haven't really played it much on my xbox. should be fun when there's downtime. picked up an mp3 player as well, $25 cheapy one. and got batteries memory card and memory card reader for my camera. :)

The keyboard that came with my current three-year-old desktop machine finally gave up the ghost today. The spacebar started sticking, and though I made sure the underside of it and the area on the keyboard it sits in was super clean, I still wasn't happy with its action when I got done. The three years is longer than any of my other keyboards have lasted. Of course, I usually keep a spare keyboard on hand, so I had minimal downtime. :)

nice.

The Sith Lords is downloaded on my laptop now. it runs so much better on this than it did on the xbox. Looks like any downtime will be spent either cleaning my weapons or playing TSL.

got a cheapo mp3 player (runs on 1 aaa battery, 4gb storage...does its job).

packed the bags im taking with me on the plane, decided to get that done today instead of day before so i'm not freaking the hell out last minute. :) laptop is carry-on not sure about cameras on planes...i got aa nimh batteries not lithium so should be fine i think?

My sis may have induced labor tomorrow or next week slight complication i guess idk. sure she'll be fine though. going out to party with one of my best friends tonight. going to stay at his place and go over to my parents tomorrow mornign to spend more time with my parents and nephew.

At home with wife, who is scheduled now for an MRI on her knee. X-rays show arthritis, and some bone spurs. MRI is going to figure out if she has a meniscus tear and what treatment.

So we are sitting at home after going out to dinner. Gas fireplace is on and we are enjoying a sparkling muscato

completely avoiding oktoberfest this year

tylenol will fix that, k_k!!! dont let her or the doctors fool you.

kinda feeling strange right now. my ex contacted me, my sister's being induced, i have formation tomorrow at 8am, i am feeling a mixture of emotions i hate it. hoping formation is quick tomorrow and they release us fast so i can catch up on sleep. octoberfest sunday!

At home with wife, who is scheduled now for an MRI on her knee. X-rays show arthritis, and some bone spurs. MRI is going to figure out if she has a meniscus tear and what treatment.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
070312.jpg

meh, lame attempt at humor *shrug*

tylenol will fix that, k_k!!! dont let her or the doctors fool you.

She is taking 600mg of Ibuprofen 3 times a day. Can barely walk a mile without limping and being in pain. no, after the MRI we will know for sure if it is a tear or just arthritis. No tear, it should be easier to fix.

We are planning on doing a 3k walk "Turkey trot" this thanksgiving, hoping she will be better then

my knees started hurting last week im blaming the weather and possibly arthritis. screw being a doctor's guinea pig though. webmd mother****er!!!

possibly arthritis.

how OLD are you again?

I mean, I got reasons why my knees hurt (actual existing medical condition)

It's been kind of a ****ty day so far. It wasn't a fantastic weekend either.

And the fact that the weather has been dank for weeks now isn't helping my mood or my outlook on life at all.

And yesterday was my last day off for a week.

But hey! Ya' gotta laugh at it all... right?

:dozey:

Archived