Home

The XWA.net One-Year Thread VIII: Heir to the Forum

Wildstar

i got my first kill in like, 3 years! killed a squirrel. :D tomorrow going "deeper" into the woods. i love pennsylvania.

oh yes...picked up office 2013 and a toaster oven. almost halfway throguh breaking bad. watched the walking dead last night at a friend's house...seems like an ok show, dont get what the hype is all about. then again i a not really a zombie fan.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The sad thing is I don't really care about any of the characters in the show of walking dead. Also there is too much eye rolling for me as some rather obvious things happen.

Falling skies tho, way better. Too bad they have less of a budget. But they do well with what they have and have some incredible writing

last night i got myself microsoft office 2013 university edition, an ear wax cleaning kit (i want to hear again...will help alot when hunting), and a toaster oven. toaster ovens are the ****. :)

i got microsoft office because the class we have is only an hour not even an hour long and i missed a day and had to play catch up, this way i can do the assignments outside of class and get a decent grade, hopefully go from a b+ to an a.

learning how to divide polynomials, that's alooooooot easier than the last **** we learned. the last **** we learned made me fail my quiz...got a 22. yay me. :rolleyes: alot of people did poorly on that quiz, from what i heard that's the hardest thing in the class everything else is fairly easy to learn. also, learned that the teacher uses the even number problems for the quizzes...now i'm not normally one to cheat, but this could provide me with a passing grade...lmao

getting paid pretty well from UC, and now im gonna see why my gi bill hasn't paid me my housing allowances....plan by next year is to have over 10k in my bank. :)

situation developing....

that one girl that blew me off cause she had a teacher/parent meeting to attend nearly begged me to help her out, well it was more of a subtle thing. her situation is she is feeling hopeless, sick of not being able to "live"...she has a learner's permit but nobody out where she lives has a vehicle with autmatic transmission or they're too nervous to teach her how to drive (parallel parking, backing up, etc) cause alot of them have newer cars.

note: this girl lives 2 hours away, and has 4 children, 2 of which i'm sure live with her at her mother's house.

I mentioned that my car is automatic, not really implying anything, and she replied that she has off thursday and friday from work. I have a full day open on thursday to do whatever, but...i'm not sure if i want to considering the distance to travel, and the awkwardness of it mainly considering the fact that she has children. I enjoyed every chance I had working with her at walmart a few years back, but I just don't see this going anywhere besides just a friend but I also feel that she is just going to "use me" however, she seemed desperate enough to let me in on the fact she tried to kill herself already with sleeping pills and she doesn't want her kids to see her crying in a room by herself. idk what that's all supposed to mean.

So here I am, asking my fellow xwa peeps for some help in this matter, i need to know by sometime tomorrow. Should I go out of my way to try and help this person, or should I stay away?

haha **** **** up, keyan. :p is this the same girl that was dating the guy who was deployed?

No, that was a different girl. She broke up with that guy. She might be seeing someone else now, I'm not sure. She's kinda...maybe not that nice, though.

This is a girl I met in New York last year. I'm not going to see her to mess anything up for her. I kind of thought she might break up with the guy she was seeing since he's going to be in grad school in Europe for another 5-7 years, and I thought they had certain incompatible elements. So when the opportunity came to visit a friend in San Jose I saw it as an opportunity to see her again (since she lives there), spend a little time with her, get to know her a little better, let her get to know me a little more, and so on. So I got in touch with her, set everything up, and then a few days later she got engaged. If she had gotten engaged a few days before, I probably wouldn't even be going.

I have been in that awkward situation. There was a nice pretty coworker i was talking with. Finally got the courage to ask her out, she accepted.

Then I found out another coworker was her Boyfriend. FML

Still went out. But i was rather crushed by it the whole time. best i could do was go to a place where some of my friends hanged out and show them I was with a cute girl.

yeah, **** that. the right one will show up at my doorstep someday. but, today is not that day. :p:(

my one buddy the one that lives about 30 miles away wants me to drive him all over the place because of halloween parties and such at bars. idk i am ignoring him right now because he's being retarded, and i already said we'd go out on saturday but he wants to go out friday, saturday, sunday, etc. freaking retarded. i did that **** before and that's how i ended up broke off my ass and nearly getting dwis. my other friend and i already made plans for friday to go see the movie 'bad grandpa'.

blew that one girl off, from pof. the one that i got her number. meh, she didn't seem that great. people say 'you shouldn't be so picky' etc. but i disagree, last time i wasn't picky and ended up getting used pretty unfairly.

getting old sucks.

upgraded my pof.com account to see what feedback my date back in september left about me..

i wasn't her type, i fit what i had said about myself in my profile, hardly a sense of humor (idk, i have a very dark and disturbing sense of humor that not many people understand or find funny), i had great manners, she liked that i had similar interest to hers, and she had recommended i showed off a sense of humor on my next date. hmmm that could go very bad. or very good? hm. this is cool though cause being upgraded i can see the girls that just delete my messages i send, and what time they view my profile, etc. but i doubt i'll have any more luck than i've already had. hard to find girls with my interests and taste in things.

Hooray for the World Series in Boston!

That is unless of course you might actually work here and have to attempt to commute in or out of the city on these days... and especially if the college you work for is only a couple of blocks from Fenway Park...

Then your life is misery to an unspeakable degree.

And, on the subject of the moment:

I may actually have a "date"-type event/activity/get-together thing happening in my life in the nearish future... with an actual, real live woman! Details will follow if it seems like there's anything worth writing about.

Knowing my checkered history with such things, I'm attempting to not build it up into anything too epic in my mind... though I'm hoping it goes well.

I'm finding my uncle role to be more fulfilling in the long run. At least I got that going for me. Besides not being able to find the right girl, I am experiencing some fun by myself...such as shooting, hunting, video games, netflix, school, working out, and getting back into bible studies which is actually starting to get fun and comfortable and there are some nice girls that go to it, not that they are interested in me, it could lead into something more i suppose.

looks like i'll be hitting gamestop tomorrow after i go hunting. ****in mw3 is scratched. glad i save receipts!! just got done playing a mad game of battlefield 3, and let me say...a far superior game than MW. idk, the graphics and weapons look and feel pretty damn close to how they are. now i am gonna go to gym...took my preworkout. feeling great, and the weather is so cooooolldddd!!!! but no matter. i gotta get to the gym!!! this weekend gonna be fun too, saturday going hiking with my bible study group, then going with my friends to the bar later that night for the halloween party. not sure what ill do sunday, proabbly study my homework. :)

Curling season has started. Really enjoying it and making some clutch shots to help my team win.

Opponent:02010100

My Team :1010202x

Final Score: 7-4

In the 3rd end, i had to draw to the four foot circle to score. and the 5th end i needed to draw to the 8 foot circle, and i was able to do it without help from a sweeper. in the 6th end, my opponent had two rocks buried and the only way i could get at them was doing a long raise takeout with high guard. it was a low percentage shot, but i figured if i missed i would at least peel off my guard and create and opening. I hit the guard square and was able to take out one of the opposing rocks, to tie up the score and holding them to one point.

Then in the 7th end i had to decide if i was going to blank the end to keep hammer, or try to score two. Due to the ice conditions, take outs were not a sure thing. For my hammer shot i was already scoring one, but i had a chance to do a corner raise takeout and score two. The shot was perfect, and i was up 2 in the last end. My opponent had to score 2 just to tie it, and all i needed to do was to keep his rocks out of play.

their first four rocks were short, or too heavy. Their vice was able to draw a shot into the house. And when it was my turn, i had about a 2 foot port between guards to take it out. This is where i was able to use my sweeper to fine tune the shot, and make it. The game was over before the hammer was thrown because the opposing skip couldn't make a draw.

that sounds like fun, is it like hockey?

i'm feeling freakin awesome right now. feel like my grades are going to improve drastically in algebra and in all of my other classes....my speech class i showed the professor the ouline i did on 'the benefits of joining the national guard' speech i'm preparing, and he said it was excellent and wants me to be the first to go up. lol it's supposed to be a persuasive speech, however the information i'm giving is intended to persuade someone to join since i'm listing all the benefits. and couldnt have started this speech at a better time since combat jobs are open to women now and enlistment bonuses are back in play. lol plus i get to demonstrate some powerpoint skillz, gonna throw in a few clips from kuwait! (not those clips, you pervs!!!)

runnin on 3 hours of sleep right now, had a great workout at the gym...going to get some lunch then hit the woods and take a nap out there for a few hours. my buddy gets off work at 5, so i'll be out there for about 4 hours. haha enough time for an hour or 2 nap. maybe i'll see a sasquatch or a dinosaur. hmm in my dreams!

went pretty far in...about 2 miles, it's a nice experience each time. didn't see a damn squirrel however i saw a whitetail deer, so that's a good sign for when deer season starts...gotta pick a good location, miles away so when i do kill one it will be a huge deal getting it back to the car. lmao!!!!

went hiking this morning/afternoon near the delaware watergap with my bible study group...decided to turn it into a workout since i never do legs in the gym (i can't do proper squats without feeling like my knees are going to explode out of place) and throw around 16 bottles of water on top of my already loaded backpack, so it weighs about 35-45 pounds...legs and shoulders are nice and sore!!! took us 3 hours and a half to get around it, and i got a blister. haha worth it. the bar i go to alot has their halloween party tonight, so going with my friend/s there. this one guy wants me to go out thursday, friday, and saturday this coming week....that ****'s annoying as **** i wouldn't mind it if he lived 5-10 miles away, but this friend lives 35 miles away...that takes a toll on the vehicle plus it's risky since there are deer around that area where he lives so i risk my car getting ****ed up. i try and explain to him i only really care to go out twice a month with him because of the retarded travel time, wish he'd get his own transportation.

went to gamestop to turn in my MW3 and get a copy that's not scratched. wasn't a problem, tried to preorder xbox one, nope they're booked...so that sucks. i preordered my copy of battlefield 4 for the xbox one, so i can trade in the xbox 360 copy when that comes out! hopefully the recon class is great...lol

probably going to go put more money onto my ar15 layaway. lol can't wait to get that rifle!!!!!

spending a few hours tomorrow fixing up my powerpoint and writing my speech for monday. :)

ahh...do you use ice skates?

stupid question i guess...

halfway through with my powerpoint presentation...so far it's hooah hooah. gonna get the whole class to enlist. :joy:

now i gotta go get my haircut before the place at the mall that does a good job on it closes for the day...since i'm presenting the speech with my army uniform on i can't have my hair looking all out of regs.

finally done with my speech...haircut turned out great besides being $14 for a buzz cut basically...grrr...whatever the lady was pleasant, talking about halloween movies n such.

now i gotta go forage for some food!!!!!!

Archived