Home

The XWA.net One-Year Thread VIII: Heir to the Forum

Wildstar

yeah i think i got a cold or the flu or something. going to hit the gym for an hour tonight on the elliptical to see if i can burn it out of me. exciting applying for job, but remembering the last time i applied and no call backs or anything. at least this time i have some credentials for the field i want in...just hope i land the job i will be happy with as a career..

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just finished watching the movie 'blue valentine' on netflix. pretty ****in depressing, probably how my life would've turned out had i married my ex. reason why i watched it because part of it was filmed in honesdale, pa, where i used to live. :) lame ending.

sore throat still hasn't subsided, just took my preworkout and am going to go run for an hour in hopes that i can speed up my recovery. think i had a pretty successful day, as far as getting a resume together and submitting job applications.

Had a revelation today...

Toronto's crack-smoking, drunken, ranting mayor Rob Ford

8412761.jpg

is...

136335086560.jpg

Bender, after he became human.

It's the only explanation that makes any sense to his behavior, and the fact he still has a job and isn't behind bars right now.

:joy:

gotta crack down on my pt...might be going to scout commander school in december. though i doubt i'll pass height and weight by then, maybe tape test will help me there, i just dont ****in know. :(

either way, more motivation to work out and lay off the alcohol...

I downloaded War Thunder from Steam. Pretty fun. Kinda like World of Tanks but for Planes.

They are adding in ground combat soon, and eventually naval warfare.

I also like how they have 3 "Difficulty" levels. Arcade (Howz planez fly?), Historical (I can get the plane off the runway and some more advanced manuvers), and Full Historical (I better know how to fly a goddamned plane).

I got a wireless USB nano optical mouse that works just fine. my Laptop is big enough to have a full sized keyboard with numpad. But a second keyboard shouldn't be an issue. it would be more of a processing power issue.

Friday spent some time with my Niece, she is a student at UW-Madison (GO BADGERS). Took her out to dinner with my wife, then had her join us at a PRP wine tasting. 12 wines, with occasional cheese or chocolate pairings. Ended up buying a spätlese (late harvest) Riesling, and an Argentinian Sweet red. My Niece liked the sparkling red. It was my niece's first wine tasting, and i think she was nicely warm by the time she was taken back to her dorm.

As a (late) Wedding present, she gave us a print of some framed artwork she made, where she used hand written words to create a picture. The Picture was a mans hands putting a ring onto a woman's hand. The Man's had is made up of the words "marry me" and the woman's hands are made up of the word "yes" and the air around the hands is made of the words "Love". very beautiful and very touching.

feeling like **** right now....a huge project for computer application is due tomorrow, also have an algebra quiz tomorrow that i NEED a good grade on, at least an A...also have a stupid powerpoint to prepare for wednesday as well as a slide presentation the professor wants, i have no ****ing clue what exactly im supposed to do with that...this ****ing guy i swear to god....:rolleyes:

seriously considering quitting college this next semester and cracking down at the gym and getting in better shape, want to get my pt score high and my body in "fighting" shape...

decided ain't going to find a girl in college because they're mostly sluts that go there or they're already taken (all the ones worth going out with are)...

i just want to focus on my next step in my military career...as well as just doing the right thing and trying to get a girlfriend or at least make my relationships with my family and friends better. any schooling i do will be online courses...i retain the information better than i do in a classroom full of distracting children.

oh yeah and another thing i was at my post deployment yellow ribbon event this weekend...and they had information so yeah i got some info on getting myself some psychological help. lmfao. i dont know where i want to go with it, but i probably need help in every area of my life....relationship, financial, stress, anger, feelings of disconnection and anxiety around people.

well the one place i applied to for a security officer position is 40 hours/week 10.50/hour...at a distribution where one of my best friends works. seems like a good deal, if they'll let me hold off on starting until the semester is over. just gotta get references now. wondering if i am jumping the gun or if i should just chill for a few more months on the unemployment income-which i might add i the same amount i'd be making if i were to take the job. i would like some time off between college and work though...**** what should i do?!!!!

Archived