Home

The XWA.net One-Year Thread VIII: Heir to the Forum

Wildstar

**** dude, enjoy the sites and take pictures!!!! that is what i would do. meh.

I've got some algebra homework to do today..and laundry.

Tons of games to play...playing through Army of Two right now, on contractor difficulty, fast achievements in this game. Sucks that i can't get the multiplayer ranked achievements because EA closed down the servers for it...but that's to be expected i suppose. after the army of two series gonna go through halo, then black ops, splinter cell (double agent, conviction, blacklist), and whatever other games i dont have achievements for on this xbox. lol...

I got so many video games to play through! going to beat every one of them, and by then xbox one will be stocked in the stores and i'll pick it up and transfer the gamerscore and play xbox one games. lol

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a very nice day yesterday with my lady friend. I'm not sure it will ever blossom into anything romantic... but it felt nice to get out of the house and do interesting things and have long talks with a woman at my side for a change.

We poked around some of the historical sites related to the Adams presidencies here in Quincy. Then we took a (somewhat cliche) long walk on the beach at sunset. Then a nice dinner at a local place.

We've made plans to meet up again, though it might not happen until much later in the month thanks to scheduling.

So who knows...

The tournament went better than I thought it might, but I'll call it a learning experience, b/c I'll own up to not constructing my worksheet for match play in one of the divisions properly, which caused sorting problems and necessitated manual tabulation of the scoring. We still got out of there well before the Sunday night leagues come in, though.

If i was in San jose to see a girl that was engaged and not to me, I would stand her up and go have fun. maybe even flirt with every attractive girl i could find out on the beach.

The Star wars game I ran went fine. I had to do a lot of things off the cuff, I give myself a 5 out of 10. The basics of the adventure was using their recent profits to illegally make the ship they stole (and killed the owner) theirs legally. For a while I couldn't remember the name of the ship at the center of Mos Eisley off the top of my head (

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
Dowager Queen
.) later remembered it. They decided to take a cargo that lead them out to the Minos Cluster.

found a really awesome bar yesterday that i think i will be going to alot...it's only 2 miles down the road and the crowd is within my age group...has a pool table, and local bands play there often. :D and they serve pretty good food. the bar is called 'the v spot'

sorry for your loss mega. :(

today is not that bad...got a freaking 52 on my algebra quiz. oh well! skipped computer application class because i didnt feel like a headache. sociology wasnt that bad, gotta do a powerpoint presentation on a chapter, easy.

got another hit on pof, so that's 2 girls im talking to, but let's just see which one will be brave and actually meet me in person. :rolleyes: hoping for the one that hit me up yesterday because we seem to have some things in common...she likes hiking and video games, the other one has a hearing disability...but idk what we have in common if anything.

well people, i found my calling in the civilian career field...it uses all of the skills i have developed over the years and doesn't seem as boring to me as 99.9% of the jobs out there. I want to be a private investigator. :) just need to get to careerlink or some place that will help me design an excellent resume, and perhaps attend some courses that will get me on the right track to take on that kind of job. money's not as much of an issue anymore, i just want somewhat of excitement, kind of like hunting people i guess. idk it's not as dangerous as bounty hunting, but it fits in with what i do in the national guard, and what skills i think i would be best at.

pennfoster.edu hell yeah online course.

The vent fan in my car went out. Unlikey a fuse since it started making noises before quitting. Just in time for winter... yea.

This friday, downtown LaCrosse is having it's holiday open house. The Local businesses usally have wine and hor'dourves out as well as some good deals on items. Usually a great way to start christmas shopping and get drunk for cheap

My laptop wanted to d/l Windows 8.1 at the bowling alley last night, so I just shut the laptop down, used BowlSK on my phone, and did the install of Win 8.1 after I got home and done posting. Doesn't look too much different than Win 8, except that the taskbar on the desktop now has a Windows button that takes you back to the Start screen. I'd already figured out how to do everything I need, anyway.

The only hitch w/ the install, BTW, was that I had to reinstall my laser printer afterward, but Windows 8.1 had the driver for that, so I didn't have to break out my driver CD.

I feel blah. Several long days of high stress can do that to you... But I started feeling really crummy right after I received my flu shot yesterday. Tired and achy. I realize it's just a coincidence and the 2 things aren't related... but the timing was kinda funny.

got good results back from my psychology exam from yesterday...caught up on computer apps class, did some homework for algebra and actually understand this lesson...just hoping i keep it up i basically need an a in my next quiz or at least a b to get out of the hole in that class. lol

was up at my parents' after i did my algebra homework, my nephew was calling me the other uncle's name....whatever. :rolleyes: watched a few movies with my dad...forward unto dawn and 2012. never saw 2012 before, it was pretty interesting i guess.

broke out some battlefield 4 multiplayer. have to say conquest is the best gametype for me, considering the other maps feel too small like call of duty style. no go.

another thing i did was set my laptop up to the tv and charged some batteries for my wireless keyboard...playing The Old Republic will now be more enjoyable!

was wanting to go to the gym but idk i need to get my rest. :( think i will go tomorrow.

My phone got wet... now the external sound isn't working. It seems to think the headphone is plugged in all the time. So... I can't hear incoming calls.

I'll give it a few more hours to dry out... but looks like I'm finally going to get around to that upgrade.

It's the same 3Gs that I bought just before heading down to D.C. in Jan. 2010. I'd say I'm due... Though I was planning on the upgrade after the holidays, this might just force my hand to do it earlier.

Lost my game of curling. Had two tries to draw the house and failed, thus lost the game. There is more detail to it then that, but it falls squarely on my shoulders for the loss.

missed a wicking double take out by about an inch. Would have been the game if i made it.

Archived