Home

The One Year Thread 2014: Main Street Electrical Parade Through The Dark Side

edlib

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:assult:

Wally the space dolphin says that the continual introduction of water into Earth's gravity well from outer space in the form of frozen water on meteoroids and the aqueous outgassing of comets passing through the solar system is what is responsible for the planet's abundance of water resources in such abundance that it collects in great oceans and regularly falls out of solution within its atmosphere and even percolates throughout the planetary core, although the overall disproportion of those resources collecting on this planet has more to do with the distribution of density along a gravitational scale, such as can be found in concentric rings of gravitational orbits around a star like our sun which holds its rocky planets close and gaseous ones further out, moreso than a cosmic act of fulfilling mankind's wish for better surfing conditions.

got the application to the police academy...gotta get letters of recommendation, psychologically evaluated, a physical, criminal background check, driver history, etc etc etc. it will totally be worth the aggravation of getting all that done.

came down with a cold. THANKS RAIN. went to the VA hospital, didn't actually talk to the shrink, just to the lpn or whatever, she's hot raven haired cougar (my kryptonite) so i'm not complaining. got my happy pills, and now im gonna go decontaminate myself in the shower. wouldn't want to catch PTSD. :joy:

so sick :(

got my letter of recommendation for the police academy from my former team leader...only 1 more letter of recommendation to go! sending out the application tomorrow..

My work week from hell is done for another year.

I wish I drank... because this is a night to go home and get epically hammered after.

Instead, I'll probably just go home, drink apple juice, and eat Cheerios while watching Mystery Science Theater 3000, and then probably head right to bed. Well... maybe after looking at jpegs of nekkid ladies on the internets.

getting over my cold...think i'll go workout today since i take the weekend off of working out. thing is, it's perfect temperature outside right now. no humidity or rain. 50-60 degrees. gonna walk to the gym, lift for about 20-30 minutes, then go run 2 miles. hopefully my cold goes away!

My work week from hell is done for another year.

I wish I drank... because this is a night to go home and get epically hammered after.

Instead, I'll probably just go home, drink apple juice, and eat Cheerios while watching Mystery Science Theater 3000, and then probably head right to bed. Well... maybe after looking at jpegs of nekkid ladies on the internets.

I would never dream of watching MST 3000 without alcohol or botanicals of some kind. :max:

having preworkout withdrawal....it sucks. lol took a 3 hour nap, which is very rare for me but i felt so tired! making some grilled cheese, planning on going hiking tomorrow with some of my friends. tonight gonna catch up on The Strain, watch some movies on netflix and Hemlock Grove.

2 days off, and most of that has been catching up on sleep.

It kinda sucks wasting a couple of perfect days that way... but at least I no longer feel as though a train has rolled over me repeatedly.

Maybe tomorrow I'll get more done.

I did go to a birthday party for a bit this afternoon... so that's something.

My team is tied for the lead with only the coming week left, so it's fairly simple...win at least six points and we should win the league. The third place team could tie us if they sweep against the fourth place team even if we win six, but six points should win it for us.

Friday, the wife and I went for a day trip the SW of LaCrosse. Went to Niagra caves, a brewery, winery, and then some good Italian in Rochester,MN

NiagaraCaveFalls.jpg

The beers at "Toppling Goliath" were all hoppy, which is fine if you like hoppy. Even the Dark Ale was hoppy.

We went to Winneshiek Wildberry Winery and talked to the owner as he watered the plants on the Veranda, and we enjoyed our wine. THere were several Humming bird feeders that attracted a lot of birds. It was nice and relaxing.

Not too bad of a trip. Wife was happy, that is the important part

Here's an amusing story. My cousin is in Chicago on business at the moment, and he brought his family along for a little vacation. He and my aunt took his kids to the pool the other day, and there was another guy there with what looked like his grand kids. The kids all started playing together in the pool, and my aunt went over to the guy and told him his grand kids were great swimmers. The guy told her they were actually his kids, not his grand kids. Kind of an embarrassing moment. Then my cousin looked at the guy and recognized him - it was Rod Stewart. He did some quick phone googling to confirm that Rod Stewart was indeed playing in the area. So my aunt basically went up to Rod Stewart and called him old. This amuses me greatly.

ahhahaha that's awesome keyan.

back playing SWTOR...Manaan is now in the game! also guild flagships and player housing. fun fun fun!

getting about 5-6 hours of work in every day at the registrar's office in my college. filing papers all day. easy work though and i can go on break whenever i want. minimum wage. very low stress. though i can see everybody's grades in these files i'm filing.

bus pass expired today...looks like i'll be walking to school cause i can't afford the bus pass right now. :( being broke is a ****ing pain in the ass.

"If you fear my body, and you think I'm creaky, c'mon sugar, let me know... but speak up, will'ya?"

:joy:

I'm pretty sure I saw him sitting in Boston years ago... like on a park bench at Fanueil Hall. It seemed like he was hoping to get recognized. Perhaps he was just waiting for his wife to get done shopping. Who knows?

Archived