Home

The One Year Thread 2014: Main Street Electrical Parade Through The Dark Side

edlib

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

had a good workout this morning...did some barbell curls and situps, was going to do pull-ups and chin-ups but for some ****ed reason the assist padding was off and i didn't feel like bruising my knees. still got a good pump from the curls. getting better at situps too, i think i'll pass them on the APFT, after my 15 minutes at the gym I went for a 2 mile run and beat my record time on that particular trail. also i'm down to 195...slowly but surely losing the weight i need to lose. :)

my gym is offering boxing hiit classes starting september...i think it's a ripoff though, 1 class a week for $50 or 2 classes a week for $80. not like i'd get to do it anyway, i'll be in school. wondering if i can find another gym in the area that has boxing.

Had a great time shooting yesterday. Only three of us braved the heat and long drive to get up to my favorite spot, but that just meant more ammo for us. :dozey: My new Walther works like a movie star, and I was nailing plastic laundry bottles at twenty yards right away.

Got a bruised shoulder from my buddy's twelve gauge shotgun. It turns out that a 'zombie load' is basically equivalent to hitting yourself in the arm with a hammer... :indif:

Couldn't find a better view of the Rogue River Valley from up there. It was a little hazy from all the forest fires out here, but it was worth sharing:

240814-1146001_zpscab6bcf5.jpg

that's an awesome view, zoom!

went to the mall and got a haircut so i'm within AR 670-1 -_- also decided to stop at GameStop (aka money sink) and found Deus Ex: Human Revolution...it was $4.76, i could just not pass it up. I used to have the original Deus Ex, ended up getting stuck...i loved that game and how the story changes depending on what you do. Hopefully this will be equally as fun. :)

hahaha maybe...the good pumpkin beers are out now...****!!!! :p

actually cutting out alcoholic beverages (not altogether just the part where i drink til i dont have any more cash on hand) helped me drop 16 pounds in a month, not sure if exercise had anything to do with that though.

SOuthen Tiers "Pumpking" has to be my favorite, with local brewery LakeFront's a close second

finally something we can agree on!!! :thmbup1:

had a meh workout today...did some chin-ups and situps and some barbell curls for about 15 minutes before taking off (too many people wanting to get in my space, causing me anxiety) went on my 2 mile run..

since my bus pass expired last week, i've been walking 2 miles to and from the gym. weighed myself and so far i lost 18 pounds in 45 days. just gotta keep this **** up when school starts next week, if i keep losing at this rate i'll be at 185 by mid-october and closer to my goal weight, only i'll have muscle this time around instead of looking like a twig.

just got info on all my drill dates for next year....LOOKS LIKE POLICE ACADEMY IS OUT OF THE ****ING QUESTION. there better be a ****ing deployment coming up. and soon.

one weekend a month they said...(turned it into a thursday-sunday, lmao) oh well it's more money...

Feeling a little better... a smidge less blah.

Hopefully, it lasts...

I just with there was a special someone I could be feeling good with. But looking at the upcoming work schedule for the next 4 months, I don't see any way I'm going to be able to squeeze a dating life into everything else that's going on... once again. :rolleyes:

Maybe... once my dad is settled into his new place, and those bills and responsibilities fall into the realm of "routine", I might be able to figure out some way of trying to slide the attempts at a love life in between the cracks of working until midnight 6 nights a week, and all day Friday, Saturday, Sunday...

Realistically, I don't see it happening... but who knows? I'm trying not to totally give up hope...

another beer i like is Sweet Baby Jesus. i can drink around 4 or 5 of them, they're so good.

Why does meeting decent attractive (my standard of attraction: not taller than me, not fat, no kids) girls have to be so ****ing impossible for me, and the ones i meet it just seems that i get shot down before i even make a pass..and it's even harder to find one that shares any of my interests.

Since July I've made it my job to work out at least 5 days a week.. if I do this routine the whole way through school, I'll be in decent shape physically by the time I graduate. maybe worthwhile attractive women will notice me then.

Perhaps it will all spiral out of control over there until India gets dragged in. Once Pakistanis start invading mother India, the whole thing gets epic. Britain would get involved, as would the US. Nukes might be used. World War 3 for real, man...

Everyone thinks Israel will be the tipping point. :dozey: India and Pakistan are off our radar screens.

Somehow I feel like beer should not taste like pumpkins.

I agree. Water, barley, hops and yeast. Where is there any mention of pumpkin in that?

well, there is an election coming up, and our current president is too much of a puss. say what you want about the economy, we need to face this threat directly, you can't win hearts and minds when these animals don't have either.

Congress goes the press and says Obama isn't strong enough, and isn't doing anything, but when they are working behind closed doors they are preventing Obama from doing anything because it might end up involving Syria since ISIS is operating in the area of the border between the two.

Seriously, educate yourself on the subject before you make comments

you also probably think we should fight a ground war with Ukraine against Russia.

Archived