Home

The One Year Thread 2014: Main Street Electrical Parade Through The Dark Side

edlib

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spent an afternoon updating all the firmware and software on the mixing board and all the input/output rack gear, iPads, and attendant control and multitrack computers.

Kinda scary, especially on less than 4 hours sleep (I'm glad I had some help, or I may have royally screwed it up...) but it's done, and apparently it all works again. And is several points better (V 2.04 from V 1.70...)

Whee.

I'm told there are lots of new features and big bug fixes... but looking it over after replugging all the connections and making sure audio is still passing I didn't see too many differences. I guess when I'm in a show I may notice them more.

Time to head home, and hopefully actually sleep tonight.

And maybe get some more laundry done... if I'm not too exhausted.

getting back into the study mode...going to sleep early...like 8:30ish. trying to develop that waking up at 4am to go do some morning pt before class.

getting a new roommate in 2 or 3 days. cool. i guess. ?

looking forward to the end of the month...need that refund $$$ im literally dipping into my food reserves! lol bad bad bad.

Spent the afternoon with co-workers taking a Segway tour of Boston. We were pretty well behaved for about the first third of the tour... but the tour guide quickly picked up on the fact that we are all residents of the area, have seen all these sights thousands of times, and basically wanted to just do stupid **** on a Segway when the company was footing the bill.

He totally threw in the towel for the last 3rd of the tour.

had a good day today..

woke up at 5, walked 2 miles to the gym, worked out for about 20 minutes (3 sets of barbell curls, assisted pullups, dips, chinups, and, situps) then ran the trail for 2 miles, fortunately since it was still dark there were lights to guide my way.

walked 2 miles home, only had enough time to shower and change before i got my school **** together and walked 2 miles to class. kind of embarrassing being soaked in sweat, but whatever i try not to care what others think. it's my struggle, not anybody else's. after class stopped at this new market that took over when the bar that used ot be there closed down, they got a dunkin donuts and couple fridges full of beer, sandwiches, wraps, etc. i managed to avoid the alcohol. did some cool **** in the forensic lab after my lunch break then sat at the vet club table bull****ting for a few hours. got home boiled some chicken, cut it up, made some ****in chicken noodle soup, then i took my dog for a walk.

trying to get to sleep around 8-9pm and keep that going, it seems to be working for me.

This has been a damn depressing week. The girl of my dreams got married; another girl I really liked got engaged; my organ teacher was fired from his post as church organist and choir director, so I have lost my teacher and I have taken over his responsibilities until a replacement can be found; and my last violin student quit (which is actually for the best, because he sucked and didn't really like playing that much). So yeah, my world has definitely taken a turn for the even more lonely this past week. The only thing that brings me any comfort at all is that ed is still rocking the vest.

whenever i think of segway, i remember the guy who invented one died on one.

so, interesting morning. set my alarm for 0400. dog wakes me up at 0330 after i have some retarded dreams one involving my ex-fiancee, so that was a plus...but couldnt go back to sleep for the last half hour. and it starts to rain. so now im waiting til 0430 in hopes that the rain subsides so i don't have to worry about getting soaked on the way to the gym. :( **** my luck.

at least i feel well-rested. somewhat.

keyan...that really sucks. hope things get better for you. try doing things out of the ordinary, add variety, don't do the same thing every day and maybe you won't feel so lonely. that is helping me through my bouts of depression, that and realizing i only have a year left at the community college, so i'm making the most of it meeting new people and making more friends.

well my luck turned around today...it stopped raining when i was ready to go, so nice walk to the gym, good 3 sets dumbell presses and flys, pullup, dips, chinups, and situps, then the 2 mile run. now the rest of my day can run smoothly!

Too bad you cannot carry a woman over your should, or have a woman in your arms while riding a segway. Kind of defeats the "Riding off into the sunset" image when you introduce a segway.

Whenever I think of Segways the words "Solitary pompous ass" comes to mind

"Mall Cop" or "Tourist" is my first thought... since private owners cannot operate them around here, those are the only 2 entities in Boston that can possibly be on one in public.

yeah i'm expecting it...so when we go to drill i keep that in mind, even when doing the little stupid **** that doesn't seem to make sense. day 2 of waking up ****in early. training like i'm going to go over there, because in all likelihood i will. 28th ID (bloody buckets, iron division) gets deployed quite a bit. i think the next deployment for me will be more of a deployment than a vacation in a desert, trying to stay focused on school with that in the back of my mind is a challenge...and it's hard to be friends with people that aren't veterans or understand or agree with my twisted sick sense of humor.

if it was easier to get girls, especially the rare attractive ones that aren't insane i would probably be all 'hell no i'm not getting deployed' but since it's not easy for me, **** it just send me off to war, i'm better off over there anyway.

here i just feel like a waste of oxygen 99.9% of the time, even when i'm with my friends. and trying to get a civilian job is a mother ****ing joke. just gonna stay in college as long as i can, and do the va work study. once i get my degree we'll see where i end up.

until then i just gonna push myself every morning to go lift and run, i lost 20 pounds so far. i want to lose 30 more. i was down to 140 once, but that was 10 years ago, 150-160 seems to be a good weight for 5'9", then i just build muscle from there by eating non-processed food and working out even harder. i got teased for waking up to go to the gym that early...but the reason is that i hate working out with a gym full of people, less equipment to use or having to waste valuable time waiting for some jock to move, which i just end up saying **** it and leave the gym and that last set or 2 to go run.

Went to get a $19 oil change... somehow ended up paying over $100. :rolleyes:

Oh... your filters are dirty... Oh this needs to be swapped out... Oh...

Plus the list of stuff that really should be done ASAP (valve cover gasket... transmission pan gasket...) that I just said "Later" to that would have run me another couple of hundred. I'm getting very, very close to the point where paying for repairs is equal to or more than new car payments. I was hoping to nurse this car along another couple of years on the cheap... but these last couple of months have bled me dry.

I put less than 3,000 miles a year on my car. It almost seems a waste to put up with car payments.

I wish I had the time and knew how to do these repairs myself...

And I ordered new glasses today too... that wasn't cheap either. At least those I can usually get 5 or 6 years out of before I have to replace them.

Of course, all of this HAD to happen at the same time as I'm having the house worked on.

And now the new iPhone is around... but that can wait. My 3Gs is slow, but still works reliably.

This one was a lease originally... but I paid it off at the end of the lease because I liked it.

I'd really like to keep it going another couple of years... and knowing me, I probably will out of sheer stubbornness. I like the idea of a car I like and know... but one that I'm not afraid to throw around in traffic or get dinged in a parking lot like I would be with a brand new car.

The other thing is: I can eventually get all of these things fixed and not have to worry about it for a while. I might manage to get away with 6 months or so of no repairs or maintenance. Car payments come every month... and my insurance will go back up, and I'll have to start worrying about car alarms and steering wheel locks and stuff again.

Having an old car is a lot more relaxing overall.

My first 12+ hour work shift of the new Fall semester seems to be getting close to rolling to a stop. I'm hoping it doesn't turn into a 14+ hour day...

Hoping it's a quick teardown (should be...), and we don't have artists lingering around in the Green Room all night...

I generally like Bluegrass... but hearing it all day since 10 a.m. this morning has soured on the genre somewhat.

Archived